Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

People That Never Go Out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think of people that basically go to work and come home and basically never do anything else?

Comments

• Options
    Everyone has their own way of life.
  • Options
    Yeah, why should it bother me? I don't even care if they're happy or not, because it is their choice.
  • Options
    I generally feel sorry for them because I expect them to feel lonely.

But it is their choice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

But it is their choice.
    ditto
  • Options
    Hmmm. I kind of one of those people just now. It mostly due to the fact that I've had enough of my old mates and am trying to make new ones. Which is tricky.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    But it is their choice.
    Change "work" with "university" and you'll have described me. I don't see how it's my choice, since it depends on others as much as on myself and I don't like it.
  • Options
    Each to their own i say. Some people prefer to stay in and some people simply just don't have enough money to go out often.

Personally, i used to go out clubbing 2 or 3 times a week - but now i prefer to go maybe just once a month because otherwise i get bored of it. :p And sometimes nothing beats a quiet night in with my fella, a movie, take away, and bottle of wine :D
  • Options

But it is their choice.

What if it's not their choice.. like if they suffer from extreme shyness?
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    What if it's not their choice.. like if they suffer from extreme shyness?

You didn't give that as a scenario, or qualify your original question.
    Change "work" with "university" and you'll have described me. I don't see how it's my choice, since it depends on others as much as on myself and I don't like it.

You staying in does not depend on other people, you can go out on your own you know?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    You staying in does not depend on other people, you can go out on your own you know?

It's hard to go many places by yourself if you are always alone. It feels like evryone is staring and sees the loneliness, 'tis hard to explain.
  • Options
    You didn't give that as a scenario, or qualify your original question.

need to know people to know people springs to mind, lots of people even if they r nice people, think "if hes here alone must be something up with him"

it canbe really hard for some people, im like that like half the time ie at uni i just drift from person to person
  • Options
    It's hard to go many places by yourself if you are always alone. It feels like evryone is staring and sees the loneliness, 'tis hard to explain.

I used to hate going anywhere on my own - wouldn't even walk to the local shop, which is literally 2 minutes walk from my house. But I still wouldn't say that was because I felt lonley, I think I lacked confidence.
  • Options
    If you do know what it's like, how come you said "it's their choice"? And personally, I do "go out" in the literal sense of the phrase (going for walks) but I can't go anywhere without someone inviting me, cause I'd have no idea what to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    lots of people even if they r nice people, think "if hes here alone must be something up with him"

I think people who spend their lives worrying about what other people are up to are rather sad. I wouldn't waste a minute of my time thinking about a person who was out alone because to be honest, I don't care... why should I? I think it is rather pathetic to think 'if he's here alone muct be something up with him' and people who think that need to get their own life rather than worrying about what others are up to!
  • Options
    People don't think that, but the lonely person thinks that they do. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    I think people who spend their lives worrying about what other people are up to are rather sad. I wouldn't waste a minute of my time thinking about a person who was out alone because to be honest, I don't care... why should I? I think it is rather pathetic to think 'if he's here alone muct be something up with him' and people who think that need to get their own life rather than worrying about what others are up to!

I often go out to places on my own, if I waited for my friends to come with me I'd never go anywhere except to the local pub and back and since I barely drink much anyway that would be a complete waste of time and money for me!!!

I do however also organise events and have my own website to do social stuff in London so if I feel like doing people stuff I send out an email and it goes to over 900+ people and people who want to join in come along. Tomorrow doing a Salsa Dancing event in London and expecting 40 people to be there.
  • Options
    where in london may i ask, thinking of learning again
  • Options
    where in london may i ask, thinking of learning again

Great Portland Street tomorrow at 7pm and if you wanna come tomorrow PM me cos I'm let a few guys in for free - cos I have many more girls then guys!!!
  • Options
    sh*t, i got to go to the real ale and beer society 'meeting' then :(

but im sure the few guys will have fun ;)
  • Options
    sh*t, i got to go to the real ale and beer society 'meeting' then :(

but im sure the few guys will have fun ;)

Well I'm looking for maybe 2 or 3 more guys to come along tomorrow so if you know anyone get intouch!! BTW did I mention food is included?
  • Options
    life's too short to be lonely
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    life's too short to be lonely
    True of course, but you can't just grab a bunch of people and force them to be your friends, now can you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    True of course, but you can't just grab a bunch of people and force them to be your friends, now can you?

Nope but if you were rich enough you could hire some!! :D

(Not real friend BTW - just temping ones)
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Nope but if you were rich enough you could hire some!! :D

(Not real friend BTW - just temping ones)
    Maybe, I do have an impressive amount of money. But I'm using a big part of it to get a new computer.
  • Options
    People that never go out? I'm one of these. I have never had any kind of social life. I spend my days alone mostly. It used to be a way of life, but I'm trying to change it. It's such a lonely way.
  • Options
    Well personally i think they are a sack of sad bastards but everyone gets their kicks in different ways in this life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    People that never go out? I'm one of these. I have never had any kind of social life. I spend my days alone mostly. It used to be a way of life, but I'm trying to change it. It's such a lonely way.

Godod luck ,the fact yuo are not out is a catastrophinc loss to the siocal scene :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eman Resu
    Godod luck ,the fact yuo are not out is a catastrophinc loss to the siocal scene :(

Could you please reciprocate your notification in the English tongue? Your effluvium on kerosene is making it a laborious task to ratiocinate your incongruous memorandum. I endeavor to corral the ambience of your incongruous peculiarity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by stargalaxy
    Could you please reciprocate your notification in the English tongue? Your effluvium on kerosene is making it a laborious task to ratiocinate your incongruous memorandum. I endeavor to corral the ambience of your incongruous peculiarity.

Coudl yuo plerase stop usign the same psot and thesaurs to take the piss out of the lack fo typing skills I have at thsi current minute. Thank you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Well personally i think they are a sack of sad bastards but everyone gets their kicks in different ways in this life.
    Just so that you'd know, if you said that to my face I'd currently be fighting an urge to punch you.