Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

talk about disgusting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3699224.stm

okay they killed some militants too, but killing children chucking stones at them!!!!

i dont trust the palestinian comments, but the fact kids chucking stones were shot, whats this coming to :(

Palestinians told Associated Press agency that 10 people aged between 12 and 21 had been wounded after they threw stones at Israeli jeeps and armoured vehicles.

The two dead teenagers were identified as Ahmed Madi, 17, and Said Abu Aish, 14.

Meanwhile, 14-year-old Mohammed Jaber, was killed after Israeli soldiers shot at a group of school children throwing stones at them near the settlement of Netzarim in central Gaza.

Comments

• Options
    That whole situation is just entrenched in a cycle of blood, i don't think there is any solution as both sides have such extremist minorities who won't compromise, sometimes i just think we should bomb the place.
  • Options
    Disgusting indeed, and filthy cold blooded murder. And sadly nothing new. The Israelis have been shooting at unarmed people, children and adults alike, for decades.

ANY other government in the world that indulged in such practices would have been universally condemned, and probably had economic and military sanctions imposed on it.

And we wonder why so many in the Middle East look at the "freedom loving", "champion of human rights" Western nations and are sick to their stomachs at the fucking hypocrisy of it all...
  • Options
    Both sides are as bad as each other.

Israeli kids were killed by rockets for no reason, hence the Israeli attacks into Gaza. It's quite simple- don't fire rockets, and IDF will go and play somewhere else.
  • Options
    An eye for an eye, and all of that.

Which some people might think it's fair enough. What is not fair then is to label one side as ''terrorists'' and the other as a civilised nation and "vibrant democracy".

Civilised nations don't murder children, even if they have the temerity of throwing rocks. Nor do they subject entire people to collective punishment or revenge attacks.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Civilised nations don't murder children, even if they have the temerity of throwing rocks. Nor do they subject entire people to collective punishment or revenge attacks.

I doubt the children were as innocent as the Palestinians claim. The Palestinians and the truth don't get close and dirty all that often.

I think the latter point is fair enough. But at least the Israelis attack the areas that are cauaing them the problems, rather than walking into cinemas and bus stations and blowing up scores of innocent people for no good reason.

Both sides are as bad as each other, but the Palestinians get what they ask for.
  • Options
    Er... it isn't the Palestinians who are illegally occupying other people's land.

You could say in fact that by illegally occupying a land, populating it with illegal settlements, subjecting the locals to nearly half a century of death, abuses, torture and collective punishment, building Apartheid Walls around them and refusing to withdraw and to return the stolen land, it is the Israelis who "get what they ask for."

Though the reality is that neither Palestinian children and youths protesting in front of the IDF nor Israeli children and commuters travelling on a bus have "asked" to be murdered, nor do they deserve to.

There is one very simple solution to it all, and about 40 years overdue, for IDF soldiers to stop being attacked- get the fuck back to Israel.

If those soldiers were in Israel instead of Palestine, I very much doubt any Palestinian children would throw stones at them, for obvious reasons.

And if Israel finally got to fulfill its obligations and to fully withdraw from Palestinian land, go back to 1967 borders and remove all settlements, the conflict would be solved permanently in a matter of months.
  • Options
    But what is "Palestine"? The place has never existed- it was a British territory until 1947, and the Israelis only took the land after 1967 because the rest of the Arab world decided to try and invade them at Passover. Fair enough, that, I think- if Israel is going to be attacked, then it should defend itself, and the new borders are part of that.

Though it must be said that the only people I have less time for than the Israelis is the Palestinians.
  • Options
    Re: talk about disgusting
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3699224.stm

okay they killed some militants too, but killing children chucking stones at them!!!!

i dont trust the palestinian comments, but the fact kids chucking stones were shot, whats this coming to :(

Palestinians told Associated Press agency that 10 people aged between 12 and 21 had been wounded after they threw stones at Israeli jeeps and armoured vehicles.

The two dead teenagers were identified as Ahmed Madi, 17, and Said Abu Aish, 14.

Meanwhile, 14-year-old Mohammed Jaber, was killed after Israeli soldiers shot at a group of school children throwing stones at them near the settlement of Netzarim in central Gaza.

Having seen first hand how the practice throwing stones, then I'd give my word that if they were thrown at me, I'd do whatever in my power to defend myself.
    It's not pebbles they use, it's something bordering rocks.
  • Options
    and the IDF taught american how to control crowds in iraq, no wonder they so gun-ho!

should take a lesson after british in NI, well not in the past when we were too gun-ho but when we learnt our lesson and engaged the people, in a non-shooting way, ie riot police with sheilds at most
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Having seen first hand how the practice throwing stones, then I'd give my word that if they were thrown at me, I'd do whatever in my power to defend myself.

Is a bullet a correct response for people throwing stones (however big) against armoured vehicles. I don't beleive so.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Palestinian children are used as political pawns by the Palestinians. The likes of Aladdin are so naïve they fall for it.

Palestinian children are frequently used as shields for terrorists; the Palestinians know full well that Israeli soldiers are ordered not to use live ammunition against Palestinian children. Sadly sometimes Israeli soldiers do have to defend themselves and that results in fatalities.

The fact is the children’s parents should not allow them out in the first place. It is clearly a dangerous area and parents which allow their children to throw stones/rocks at soldiers are showing no regard for the welfare of their children. But, then again someone once said if the Palestinians loved their children as much as they hated the Israelis there’d be peace.

I can’t say I blame the children for their actions because they’ve as good as been brainwashed from an extremely young age. In school Palestinians are indoctrinated to hate Israelis and they’re taught how to kill Jews. They’ve been subject to a lifetime of hateful propaganda and lies.

I’d love to hear someone on hear defend how the Palestinians choose to ‘educate’ their children.
  • Options
    Another thing.
    It's interesting to see how the killings of the Israeli children while celebrating a holiday means jack. While the palestinian kids who go out knowingly to provoke are the ones whom people regard as the righteous.
  • Options
    well no i werent saying that, i do condemn both sides but all i ever see on tv is, palestinians have done this and that

if israel stoped with the illegal settlements, and stopped incurring into palestinian land with their troops and started actually negotiating peace, then im sure almost all of the palestinians would be for no more suicide bombers, and those that do suicide bombings, would be condemned as a whole

and remember these suicide bombers ar ejust out to cause destruction and death, the IDF shouldnt have those aims, which it doe seem to have in my opinion, or not the soldiers but their training and commanding officers
  • Options
    Another thing.
    It's interesting to see how the killings of the Israeli children while celebrating a holiday means jack. While the palestinian kids who go out knowingly to provoke are the ones whom people regard as the righteous.

But, then again, more Palestinian childrfen die than Israelis. By a huge amount.

I've posted teh figures on here before now, it's something like for every Israeli death there are sopmething like 50 Palestinian deaths.

Two wrongs don't make a right. And, as I've said before, Israel are in the dominant position.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    But, then again, more Palestinian childrfen die than Israelis. By a huge amount.

And then again, how stupid are you to throw rocks at soldiers?
    Those are self-proovoked deaths. Plainly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Two wrongs don't make a right. And, as I've said before, Israel are in the dominant position.

seconded

btw to all the pro-israel people, what benefit would the palestinians have if they carried on letting the israelis illegally building settlements on their land

people have to remember for people to turn to suicide bombing is an act of desperation, and against armoured veichles, is useless, cant get near any military targets, oh ive got the bombs let set em off in public
  • Options
    And then again, how stupid are you to throw rocks at soldiers?
    Those are self-proovoked deaths. Plainly.

So because they throw rocks it's OK to shoot them?

No wonder the Middle East is so fucked up if that's the attitude people have.

And it's no wonder the Palestinians are so pissed off if that's the attitude. If I'd seen my kid get shot because he was throwing stones at an illegal occupier, I'd be wanting to kill the fuckers in return.

Israel reaps what it sows. the sooner it realises that the better.
  • Options
    The majority of Israeli fatalities are non-combatants – basically innocent people.
    The majority of Palestinian fatalities are combatants – terrorists, gunmen, murderers.

Yes, Palestinian children die. The sad fact is that the Palestinians send their children out to the front line to fight. Why aren’t the Palestinian children in school? When terrorists and gunmen hide behind Palestinian children what do you expect the IDF to do? Just stand there as sitting ducks?
  • Options
    Gah.

This is going around in circles, as always.

We say that Israel brings it on itself, iot shouldn't be illegally occupying the land, it shouldn't be creating ghettos, it shouldn't be oppressing the Palestinians.

You say that Palestinians deserve everything, and it's all their fault, and Israel don't do anything at all wrong.

You have, um, Israel's opinion to back it up.

We have the UN's.

Um.
  • Options
    I do not believe Israel has any obligation to recognise the UN’s rulings. Seeing as Israel is treated as a second class member at the UN – being the only member barred from standing for election for the full range of UN bodies why should Israel recognise it? So while Libya, Sudan and Syria are all members for the UN Human Rights commission Israel can’t even stand as a member.

The UN has also refused to condemn anti-Semitism, you’ll find a good article on that here:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004398

Illegal settlements? Well it’s been discussed before. The settlements are located in the Disputed Territories and both Israelis and Palestinians have legitimate historical claims to the land. Under the Rabin government there was a settlement freeze. Yet there was no peace. Under Barak Israel offered to uproot all Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and over 95% of territory of the West Bank as well as Israeli territory to make up the remaining 5%. Arafat rejected that offer in 2000 without even a counterproposal...

But, yes this is going round in circles....but hey nothing new there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    I do not believe Israel has any obligation to recognise the UN’s rulings. Seeing as Israel is treated as a second class member at the UN – being the only member barred from standing for election for the full range of UN bodies why should Israel recognise it? So while Libya, Sudan and Syria are all members for the UN Human Rights commission Israel can’t even stand as a member.

The UN has also refused to condemn anti-Semitism, you’ll find a good article on that here:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110004398

Illegal settlements? Well it’s been discussed before. The settlements are located in the Disputed Territories and both Israelis and Palestinians have legitimate historical claims to the land. Under the Rabin government there was a settlement freeze. Yet there was no peace. Under Barak Israel offered to uproot all Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and over 95% of territory of the West Bank as well as Israeli territory to make up the remaining 5%. Arafat rejected that offer in 2000 without even a counterproposal...

umm first of all, that site is pure opinion, thats why its called opinionjournal.com

and seriously, if you believe those 'historical' claims, then you'd let the native americans have usa and south america back, thats only 500 years, let alone 2000 years, what kind of claim is that

personally i think israel was set up to get the jews out of europe, really stupid but hey, probably true

and the kids might not be at school cause of israeli bulldozers taking down buildings indiscriminatly, or cause their school was in israel, and now they cant get there cause of wall, thought crossed your mind

and this is going in circles but it needs to start somewhere and personally i think israel need to do the goodwill gesture

and surely if your arguing over land, you go back to the way it was, say 1967, then start discusing what to do with it all
  • Options
    Re: Re: talk about disgusting

ha ha, never heard the likes of it in my life, where i live, the British army still patrol the streets and we still throw rocks, petrol bombs and anything we can get our hands on, the army just stands there, they aren't under any threat of death, they just take the attack and move on, i've seen the Palestinian boys throwing bricks on Tv and its the same situation, no person ever has the right to shoot at a boy for throwing a few rocks.
  • Options
    umm first of all, that site is pure opinion, thats why its called opinionjournal.com

and seriously, if you believe those 'historical' claims, then you'd let the native americans have usa and south america back, thats only 500 years, let alone 2000 years, what kind of claim is that

personally i think israel was set up to get the jews out of europe, really stupid but hey, probably true

and the kids might not be at school cause of israeli bulldozers taking down buildings indiscriminatly, or cause their school was in israel, and now they cant get there cause of wall, thought crossed your mind

and this is going in circles but it needs to start somewhere and personally i think israel need to do the goodwill gesture

and surely if your arguing over land, you go back to the way it was, say 1967, then start discusing what to do with it all

Lol. It’s pointless trying to even seriously discuss this with you.

The article is an opinion piece but that does not make all of it’s contents opinion and does not automatically invalidate facts stated in it. You’re belief that anything which an opinion makes something illegitimate frankly makes you look stupid.

The fact is the UN withdrew a draft resolution on anti-Semitism – the UN refused to condemn anti-Semitism. Do some research and you’ll find that’s a simple fact. Not an opinion.

"and seriously, if you believe those 'historical' claims, then you'd let the native americans have usa and south america back, thats only 500 years, let alone 2000 years, what kind of claim is that"

Now you’re embarrassing yourself. Do some research. Seeing as there has always been a Jewish presence in Israel your claim doesn’t really hold much weight…
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Originally posted by turlough
    ha ha, never heard the likes of it in my life, where i live, the British army still patrol the streets and we still throw rocks, petrol bombs and anything we can get our hands on, the army just stands there, they aren't under any threat of death, they just take the attack and move on, i've seen the Palestinian boys throwing bricks on Tv and its the same situation, no person ever has the right to shoot at a boy for throwing a few rocks.

Except the Israeli Army are under a 'threat of death'. When armed gunmen are hiding behind children using an innocent child as a shield sadly people will die...
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Except the Israeli Army are under a 'threat of death'. When armed gunmen are hiding behind children using an innocent children as a shield sadly people will die...

:rolleyes:

quite probably the most pathetic laughable (in a bad way) post i've ever heard on this site. please shut up.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Originally posted by turlough
    :rolleyes:

quite probably the most pathetic laughable (in a bad way) post i've ever heard on this site. please shut up.

Whatever.

Just cos you don’t agree with me you want me to shut up? You’re not a fascist are you?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Whatever.

Just cos you don’t agree with me you want me to shut up? You’re not a fascist are you?

nope, you're comment was just plain senseless, were you actually implying that terrorists were using children as shields, how can a child pick up stones and throw them if there's a man behind him using him as a shield, :confused: and even if the terrorists were just slightly behind the children using them as "shields", it's still pointless to shoot at children, SHOOTING A CHILD IS FUCKING WRONG FULL STOP AND NONE OF YOUR RIGHT WING "SHIELD" FUCKING BULLSHIT WILL EVER MAKE UP FOR THAT. loser.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Whatever.

i invoke godwins law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

and your arguments ar ejust as falicious as mine
  • Options
    I’ve never condoned the killing of children. I find it abhorrent.

I find it extremely sad that Palestinian parents allow their children to go out on to the front line and throw stones at soldiers. Surely any responsible parent would realise that in the current situation letting your child do that is showing absolutely no regard for their well-being?

The fact is when there’s Palestinian children on the front line; together with gunman, militants and terrorists there will be fatalities. It’s a war situation. I can’t condone it, I’m just saying it will happen. If the Palestinian children were in school this wouldn’t even be an issue.

And if you do your research you’ll find that it’s a known fact that Palestinian terrorists have used children as human shields.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    i invoke godwins law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

and your arguments ar ejust as falicious as mine

Well isn’t telling someone to shut up because you don’t agree with them a trait of fascists and Nazis? Turlough clearly thinks it's acceptable to tell people to shut up because they don't agree with him...