Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

talk about disgusting

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    I’ve never condoned the killing of children. I find it abhorrent.

I find it extremely sad that Palestinian parents allow their children to go out on to the front line and throw stones at soldiers. Surely any responsible parent would realise that in the current situation letting your child do that is showing absolutely no regard for their well-being?

The fact is when there’s Palestinian children on the front line; together with gunman, militants and terrorists there will be fatalities. It’s a war situation. I can’t condone it, I’m just saying it will happen. If the Palestinian children were in school this wouldn’t even be an issue.

And if you do your research you’ll find that it’s a known fact that Palestinian terrorists have used children as human shields.

it's so easy for you sitting there in your middle class home by the PC, i'd love to bulldoze half your estate and build a massive wall around your whole area just because i believe there are a few terrorists in the vacinity, i would let my child go out if i was a Palestine parent, most people haven't got any concept of nationalism, the situation in palestine is the same as it is here and it is very FUKCING frustrating when you see 30 soldiers ploughing thorugh your estate for no reason whatsoever, fair play to the young Palestinians.
  • Options
    well you did have no proof of your claim that they use child human sheilds, so he was right to just laugh at your post, as it seemed a desperate attempt to discredit our side of argument

in your honest opinio then instead of blaming whoever, what do you think sohjlud be the first step to piece!

i happen to blame both sides for atrocities, but i do believe the ball is in israels court so to speak
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    it's so easy for you sitting there in your middle class home by the PC, i'd love to bulldoze half your estate and build a massive wall around your whole area just because i believe there are a few terrorists in the vacinity, i would let my child go out if i was a Palestine parent, most people haven't got any concept of nationalism, the situation in palestine is the same as it is here and it is very FUKCING frustrating when you see 30 soldiers ploughing thorugh your estate for no reason whatsoever, fair play to the young Palestinians.

It’s also easy for you to criticise the Israelis.

You don’t know what it’s like to be genuinely frightened of getting on a bus. You don’t know what it’s like to live somewhere where a mum and her kid can get blown up at the supermarket. You don’t want it’s like to have to be constantly subject to security procedures – the levels of security Israelis have make it feel like you’re living in an airport terminal. Have you ever been to a club where innocent people out having a good time are brutally murdered by terrorists?
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    well you did have no proof of your claim that they use child human sheilds

If he'd paid any attention to the situation he'd know that it goes on.

http://www.adl.org/Israel/manipulation.asp
  • Options
    It’s also easy for you to criticise the Israelis.

You don’t know what it’s like to be genuinely frightened of getting on a bus. You don’t know what it’s like to live somewhere where a mum and her kid can get blown up at the supermarket. You don’t want it’s like to have to be constantly subject to security procedures – the levels of security Israelis have make it feel like you’re living in an airport terminal. Have you ever been to a club where innocent people out having a good time are brutally murdered by terrorists?

nope but i do know what it feels like to be a legitimate target for loyalist paramilitary groups, many teenagers have been shot dead in northern ireland over the past few years just for being catholic or being in a catholic area, i know the horrors of terrorism far more than you and it's reality so stop being so pretentious, you haven't got a clue about "real" life and you never will, i'm away to bed.
  • Options
    you haven't got a clue about "real" life and you never will, i'm away to bed.

Well you can stop making assumptions about somebody you don’t even know. Yeah I live in NW London, I don’t face the threat of terrorism as much as you do – although we’re constantly reminded there is a terrorist threat facing London. I’m aware of the ‘horrors of terrorism’ – a friend of mines brother was injured in a suicide bomb in Israel.
  • Options
    nope but i do know what it feels like to be a legitimate target for loyalist paramilitary groups, many teenagers have been shot dead in northern ireland over the past few years just for being catholic or being in a catholic area, i know the horrors of terrorism far more than you and it's reality so stop being so pretentious, you haven't got a clue about "real" life and you never will, i'm away to bed.
    yes mate ...i have a catholic friend who escaped the troubles in the seventies ...for his sanity and the safety of his young children.
    troops kicking in doors and doing house searches in the catholic areas. troops suddenly appearing in the street ...rushing into your yard or garden and covering their mates ...his wife and children were often intimidated and bullied ...he gave up and fled to manchester starting all over again.
    his garage business in ireland was worthless when it came to trying to sell it.
    he ended up just ditching it and starting over again with a lock up.
    after twenty years graft ...he was roughly back to the income he had had in NI.
    never having lived it ...i was fucking dumbstruck by his photos and stories of what life in NI had been like.
    you don't get the full picture in the media.
  • Options
    Re: Re: talk about disgusting
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Having seen first hand how the practice throwing stones, then I'd give my word that if they were thrown at me, I'd do whatever in my power to defend myself.
    It's not pebbles they use, it's something bordering rocks.
    If you believe shooting at children (or adults for that matter) is an appropriate response for having objects thrown at you, fine. Just avoid making future comments about Israel being “a civilised country”, as you did the other day.

I'm willing to bet my life that if there were a student demonstration in Denmark that got a bit ugly as some people started to throw missiles at the police, and the coppers responded by starting shooting people dead, you would be outraged and sick to your stomach at the outrage. And rightly so.

How, but how on fucking earth can you possibly suggest that shooting people dead is an acceptable response to missile throwing???

And let's make one thing clear: in the immense majority of cases the most danger the soldiers are in is of getting a shiner. Bullet proof vests and helmets, most often beyond the range of the stone thrower, or simply behind their armoured vehicles, to suggest that IDF soldiers murdering demonstrators for taunting them or throwing stones were doing so to defend their lives is not only utterly stupid but insulting to everyone's intelligence.
  • Options
    Is what Israel has been doing disgusting? Yes. Will they be punished for it? No.
  • Options
    The majority of Israeli fatalities are non-combatants – basically innocent people.
    The majority of Palestinian fatalities are combatants – terrorists, gunmen, murderers.
    Bullshit.

Yes, Palestinian children die. The sad fact is that the Palestinians send their children out to the front line to fight.
    What front line are you talking about?

These are those people's towns, streets, roads, country. It is not a front line.

And if I had had a fully militarised foreign enemy invading my land, rolling its tanks into my town, bulldozing houses and shooting people for no reason other than collective punishment continuously since the day I was born, I would not need any fucking encouragement from my parents to go tell the foreign invaders to fuck off.

Why aren’t the Palestinian children in school?
    Perhaps the IDF has demolished them all.

When terrorists and gunmen hide behind Palestinian children what do you expect the IDF to do? Just stand there as sitting ducks?
    In the immense majority of cases there wasn't a single gunman for miles- as you will know from every single unbiased report but refuse to admit, because that way it provides a feeble excuse for cold-blooded murder.
  • Options
    I do not believe Israel has any obligation to recognise the UN’s rulings. Seeing as Israel is treated as a second class member at the UN – being the only member barred from standing for election for the full range of UN bodies why should Israel recognise it? So while Libya, Sudan and Syria are all members for the UN Human Rights commission Israel can’t even stand as a member.
    Seeing as Israel has flouted more resolutions for longer time than any other nation in history (including old bad Iraq) I really can't see how the Israeli government can complain... :rolleyes:

Illegal settlements? Well it’s been discussed before. The settlements are located in the Disputed Territories
    "Disputed"... LOL
    Under Barak Israel offered to uproot all Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip and over 95% of territory of the West Bank as well as Israeli territory to make up the remaining 5%. Arafat rejected that offer in 2000 without even a counterproposal...
    Do I really have to post the facts behind Barak's "generous" offer again?
  • Options
    The Israelis are no better than the Yanks for sheer trigger happiness.
  • Options
    I can't believe some of the comments on this post, can I just remind some that Israelis have occupied a land that the Palastinians owned for years, I believe both sides have done abhorrent things, but i think everyone knows which is the stronger and weaker, it's very telling that one groups uses stones and one guns isn't it?
  • Options
    it's so easy for you sitting there in your middle class home by the PC

Whoop, and there's the keypoint.
    You don't know shit either.

Practically none of your opinions are worth shit, if you can defend the murder of civilians but don't see the self-risk which the kids and parents of said kids take when they go out throwing stones at soldiers.

It is fucking sad that the situation is though, and it is not wanted. I still do see a clear line between those deaths and the ones experienced by Israeli kids, though.
  • Options
    I still do see a clear line between those deaths and the ones experienced by Israeli kids, though.

yeh, western kids and non-western kids...

if i had people incurring onto what wasnt their land near me, id do what i could to stop them, including chucking stones at them, as if the israelies ever cared bout the people on the land they was taking though, i wouldnt take land i knew was basically stolen, all lebensraum to settlers though

surely the fact that one side is using realitevly simple weapons like explosive and chucking stones and the other using attack helicopters, and bulldozers and tanks to fire indiscrimintly, and the ability to build giant fortress birders shows that one is the dominant side, which therefore needs to take the action, and do the goodwill gesture to get the moderates on both sides tlaking, and condemning the hardliners on both sides

to all you pro israelis, what do you think is the 1st step in securing peace there, i say pull out of occupied territories, pull troops out and place them on israeli land, so they can defend, which is the IDF's job, and start negotiating a seize fire, then peace deal with palestininans, th\t would give the moderates in palstine a chance to talk, instea dof the militant groups
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    yeh, western kids and non-western kids...
    Self-provoked and unprovoked deaths rather.
    Just the same as children sitting in a car with seatbelts having a car crash into them. And children playing ball on the motorway, getting run over.
    Both very sad cases, but one set of children were basically asking for it.

to all you pro israelis, what do you think is the 1st step in securing peace there, i say pull out of occupied territories, pull troops out and place them on israeli land, so they can defend, which is the IDF's job, and start negotiating a seize fire, then peace deal with palestininans, th\t would give the moderates in palstine a chance to talk, instea dof the militant groups

First step is relative peace from the Palestinians side. When that is the case, then Israel has absolutely no legitimite reason to be in Gaza and the Westbank.
  • Options
    Self-provoked and unprovoked deaths rather.
    Just the same as children sitting in a car with seatbelts having a car crash into them. And children playing ball on the motorway, getting run over.
    Both very sad cases, but one set of children were basically asking for it.

First step is relative peace from the Palestinians side. When that is the case, then Israel has absolutely no legitimite reason to be in Gaza and the Westbank.

well how about the idea that these kids feel desperate and have no other way of venting their opposition to literally having a foreign army in their land... asking to be shot, haha, i msure some might do that out of sheer lunacy, but im sure many of them are just feeling desperate

and dont you think having daily incursions into palestine by israeli troops, killing peoples families, as part of collateral damage, furthe rpissing them off, dont you think that doesnt help one bit
  • Options
    Oh if things were that simple...

Whenever there have been long periods of inactivity on the part of the Palestinians (and there have been plenty in the last 25 years) the Israeli position has not changed one bit- nor have they EVER even discussed the possibility of withdrawing in full, returning to 1967 borders and dismantling every last one illegal settlement.

I suspect that if Israel were to offer the above in exchange for immediate and permanent peace, you would see co-operation from the Palestinians faster than you can say 'Ariel Sharon is a cunt.' But the point remains that Israel has never made such an offer and has no intention to. Why the hell should Palestinians have to settle for such insulting, humiliating and unjust agreement?
  • Options
    And as for the children "asking for it", if we are to take such disgusting position I could add that the Israeli children and their parents are also "asking for it" for voting in a government that continues to provoke such attacks through its evil repugnant inhuman policies.

However unlike some here I don't believe children can possibly "ask for it"- not for the grand crime of taunting soldiers or throwing stones at them. As I said earlier civilised nations and people are aware of such concepts as the "value of human life" and "appropriate response".

In any case, countless children and adults alike have been killed not when throwing stones or taunting the soldiers, but when going about their daily business. This is but one example:

"Haneen, who was eight years old, had been shot twice in the head by an Israeli soldier as she walked down the street in Khan Yunis refugee camp with her mother, Lila Abu Selmi.
    "Almost every day here the Israelis shoot at random, so when you hear it you get inside as quickly as possible," says Mrs Selmi. "Haneen went to the grocery store to buy some crisps. When the shooting started, I came out to find her. She was coming down the street and ran to me and hugged me, crying, 'Mother, mother'. Two bullets hit her in the head, one straight after the other. She was still in my arms and she died."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1007051,00.html

And here is a website counting child murders on both sides. As you will see, in most cases there was no provocation. Have a look and tell me again how the dead children were "asking for it":

http://www.rememberthesechildren.org/children_remembered.html