Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Binge drinking

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    if you require these 'aids' to get you through life then you must lead a very sad existence. live for the weekend, but live just to get away from life for a day or two and there's really something wrong in your life.

We've had this argument on these boards hundreds of times. I really don't expect people like you to understand - if you've never taken drugs how could you? I take them not because I need to, but because I want to explore and experience as many pleasurable things as I can. Drugs are very rewarding, infact from where I'm standing you are missing out.

Each to their own as far as I'm concerned, it's just as shame there are so many narrowminded people out there.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Weelll... I do drink. Though not every weekend; for two reasons. 1. I don't always have the money and 2. I usually work weekends.

So when I do have a night off and have the cash; yeah I tend to g over board. But simply cause I like to make up for the weekends I lost.

So I aint a heavy drinker or anything.
  • Options
    i seem to Binge drink more more these days, usually Thursday and Sunday nites as there student nights, cheap drinks! and obviously fridays!
    usually on a saturday theres either a party or a friend having a few people over for drinks etc so it does tend to be every weekend.
    admitidly i drink much more then i should be at times though :rolleyes: it does seem like all my money goes on alcohol and taxis these days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by every single braindead student you ever fucking hear
    Yeah, mate, I went aht an got so fuckin hammered that I puked EVERYWHERE an I 'ad to get me stomach pumped. Yeah, it were fuckin' class! :hyper:

Seriously, though, I can see the appeal of going out and getting hammered once in a while. Buit every weekend? What is the point, exactly, you get to vomit £50 down the front of your shirt and then cuddle up on the floor thinking that old kebab is a nice pillow. And, get this, if you're a pissed girl you get to be raped on the way home.

reeeet dooooo :hyper:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Seriously, though, I can see the appeal of going out and getting hammered once in a while. Buit every weekend? What is the point, exactly, you get to vomit £50 down the front of your shirt and then cuddle up on the floor thinking that old kebab is a nice pillow. And, get this, if you're a pissed girl you get to be raped on the way home.

reeeet dooooo :hyper:

yeah i know what you mean Kermit, sometimes i think why do i get so hammered when theres know need to every weekend! but i think alot of the time i know me and alot of my friends don't realise how much were drinking, until we hammered :confused: if that makes any sence at all? not always a laugh that its meant to be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **sugar**
    not always a laugh that its meant to be.

Nope.

"yay, I got so pissed last night I couldn't remember anything at all, and I woke up in some bloke's bed and I don't know if I'm pregnant or got an STD!"

Maybe it makes me a boring old fart, but I like to drink enough to get a biut tiddly and then go home. If I drink more than five pints on a night out then I'm wrecked these days :blush:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

"yay, I got so pissed last night I couldn't remember anything at all, and I woke up in some bloke's bed and I don't know if I'm pregnant or got an STD!"

very true and very scary because it does happen, though i never seem to think about things like that when i go out to have a laugh with my mates, good point though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **sugar**
    very true and very scary because it does happen, though i never seem to think about things like that when i go out to have a laugh with my mates, good point though.

At a conswervative estimate, there are 47,987 threads in sex about silly little girls who got so pissed they couldn't remember if they'd had sex, let alone who with and whether they used protection.

If the body was designed to absorb that much alcohol it wouldn't vomit it back up. 'Nuff said.
  • Options
    I think I've calmed down a little bit, earlier this year I was very, very dangerously drunk. I've no problem having a Coke or a glass of water in a club if I feel I'm getting way to pissed now.

Didn't end up getting too drunk at all in the end. One of my mates downed half a pint of Stella then topped it up with Blue Aftershcok though :eek:

So I'm not as bad as I used to be.

Oh, is that my 21st birthday I see on the horizon? :nervous:
  • Options
    I don't binge drink. I drink the same amount every night, it all just happens to be well over the governments' reccommended weekly allowance for women :p

I have this theory though, by the time i need a new liver then they'll be able to grow them in a test tube for me :p
  • Options
    I've seen myself being sick and barely unable to walk after a heavy nights drinking, totally blocked.Haven't got compelty pissed in a good while, i still get drunk every weekend but not in a shape that i can't walk.
  • Options
    I binge drink over twice a week, sometimes it could be nearly every night of the week. I don't know why I do it anymore, the novelty wore off ages ago. I don't drink on my own, it's just when I'm out I get bored being sober.
    Stopped for a while when I started to use class A's, but now they just get mixed with the alcohol (silly idea).
    Have begun cutting down over the last couple of weeks as I am now getting help and want to sort myself out so I'm fit to get a job.
  • Options
    Tend to have a couple of pints every couple of nights, just to sit and relax with mates or whatever. Haven't drunk to get pissed since results day, though. Tend to stick to having around 5 or 6 pints tops in a night so that i can enjoy drinking and feeling a bit tipsy, but don't have to wake up with hangovers, argue with mates, start fights, act a twat etc.