Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Binge drinking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Half a bottle of cheap Italian shitey wine gone already.

Heading off round mates in an hour to get even more steaming.

Then out drinking and dancing the night away.

Estimated time of arrival back at base - fuck knows. Work starts at 11.45am tomorrow, 12 hour shift.

Yeah.

Binge drinking at the weekend. Do you do it? How much do you drink? Do the Government hang, draw and quarter the likes of me? Too many broken hearts in the world?

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    Every week, larger. Don't really go OTT these days.
  • Options
    Re: Binge drinking
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Half a bottle of cheap Italian shitey wine gone already.

Heading off round mates in an hour to get even more steaming.

Then out drinking and dancing the night away.

Estimated time of arrival back at base - fuck knows. Work starts at 11.45am tomorrow, 12 hour shift.

Yeah.

Binge drinking at the weekend. Do you do it? How much do you drink? Do the Government hang, draw and quarter the likes of me? Too many broken hearts in the world?

Discuss.

I only really go out once a week and sometimes i will just go out to get drunk. Like say in 45 minutes time, its my last night out where i live so im going to get plasteredI must get ready
  • Options
    Binge drink nearly every Friday and Saturday.

I've thought ahead and put my name down on the NHS liver transplant list three years ago.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I have a couple of pints every day but very rarely drink to get pissed. Getting pissed is overated. I'd far rather take some class A's at the weekend.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well me and friends used to binge most days. Which I suppose isn't really binging, it's just being alchoholic. Oh well.
  • Options
    I have a drink normally Friday and saturday nights, the reason being i dont have to get up in the morning. I cant drink during the week then face getting up at 7:00 on a morning.

I cant hold my drink, 2 halfs and im anyones :lol:
  • Options
    If the newspapers on Friday are to be believed, women aged between 18 and 24 are all drinking way too much now.
  • Options
    I'm an occasion binge drinker as in i'll only really drink alcohol if celebrating an occasion like someone's birthday.

The rest of the time i'm quite happy being sober. I don't see much appeal in just going out with the sole intend of getting plastered & feeling like shit in the morning.
  • Options
    I admit i do binge drink, but oh wao what is my crime?..i'd far rather take Class A's at the weekend as well as getting pissed.
  • Options
    why bother?

i don't drink much, i'd rather get stoned. though a pint of cider or a bottle of wine in the company of friends is always nice....:)
  • Options
    Your not a mad person trinity, round here everyone and i mean everyone either goes out and drinks..well not everyone but a large number of people...go out drink right then there's toking going on this whole time then class a's come on the agenda or maybe class b's..or class c but arond here people go around drinking and taking drugs all weekend, it's what it's for...its what alot of people live for,there's an avaiblitly on offer..when it's there people will take offer of these wonderful opportunities.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    drinking and taking drugs all weekend, it's what it's for...its what alot of people live for

and these people are the saddest of the sad.

what you doing this weekend mate?
    i'm gonna go out, and get absolutely fucking smashed and pilled up, wahey!!!!

it's pretty self destructive, i can only hope they all wander out in front of cars/fall and smash their heads open/trip so much they wander onto train tracks/whatever.

if you require these 'aids' to get you through life then you must lead a very sad existence. live for the weekend, but live just to get away from life for a day or two and there's really something wrong in your life.
  • Options
    I've just got in from a night of drinkinf ;) *collapses*
  • Options
    Your not a mad person trinity, round here everyone and i mean everyone either goes out and drinks..well not everyone but a large number of people...go out drink right then there's toking going on this whole time then class a's come on the agenda or maybe class b's..or class c but arond here people go around drinking and taking drugs all weekend, it's what it's for...its what alot of people live for,there's an avaiblitly on offer..when it's there people will take offer of these wonderful opportunities.

ok, round here the bars are open sometimes even until 6 in the morn. so people don't rush drinking. there were a LOT of people doing coke, there now isn't, sometimes people will do pills now and again, and theres always the lot that would much prefer to get stoned than drunk (me included, i don't like the feeling alcohol gives you, i like you have some control).

i go out every other weekend, most of my mates go out every weekend but none drink much more than 2 or 3 pints.

people go out here to dance and soak up the atmosphere, to go meet up with mates and have fun. yeah sometimes that involves drugs and/or alcohol but not always.

we had an amazing yule party last year, with one spiff between 3, a bottle of fanta orange, and music. and it was great fun.

a love of music is what gets most out, not the intoxication.
  • Options
    I know what you mean so much here girl, i really do. It dosen't have to be about a load of drugs in the night but more like a kind of bond between a few close friends on a limited number of drugs. I've had those nights before yes, but me i prefer the nights where all hell brakes loose and everyone goes nuts.

Big man, i don't even want to hear it.
  • Options
    some people just can't seem to enjoy themselves without being on something...

they think it makes everything better than it really is.

i'm all for the government taking control of all class a/b drug distribution, then lacing every 5th pill/hit with cyanide... make your evening even more exciting!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Aye dead on big man. Do you drink or use any drugs regularly?
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    some people just can't seem to enjoy themselves without being on something...

they think it makes everything better than it really is.

i'm all for the government taking control of all class a/b drug distribution, then lacing every 5th pill/hit with cyanide... make your evening even more exciting!

:rolleyes:

think about the reasons behind why they are doing this?

an escape from normal life?

britain does have one -not the but one- of the highest sucide rates, the lowest amount of holidays in europe, the largest ammount of hours, and it's not very free about what people do intoxication wise which makes it a tabboo and people are always going to want to go against the system for the sake of it.

spain for example:

much more liberal, lower drink driving rate, less drink related crime ect. as it's seen as a social act, and it's taken at pase and people usualy drink and eat, or share low alcohol drinks together in groups- no one ever goes out on their own on a night out in spain it's just not seen. people tend to drink tinto verano-summer wine- which is wine and lemonade, still tastes nice and you still get a little tippsy but not as much. spirits drinking isn't a big thing here either, where as in some clubs in england, they don't even serve low in alcohol drinks such as beer and wine and cider, but spirits based ones instead.

people think that they should get what they can while they can because everywhere shuts at 11/12 ish. there is no pace.

theres no escape from the rat race for many in england. where as here there are always fiestas and things going on.
  • Options
    use neither... i don't require them to enjoy myself. i run on endorphins and adrenaline.
  • Options
    That's your choice big man, i choose to difer.
  • Options
    perhaps the uk just breeds morons who are incapable of getting along with anyone at all.

uk is the only country i've gone out in and never failed to see trouble on they way home.
  • Options
    That's your choice big man, i choose to difer.

but do you really need them?
  • Options
    it' s the nanny state gone wrong. i'm not moving back enless i really do have to. if i did i would probably go to the netherlands or germany or OZ. don't really want to though.

natural highs are the best anyway, no one can disagree.
  • Options
    i'm not planning on staying in this country... first chance i'm out, to live my life in the mountains in a log cabin with a hot tub.

that'll do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    but do you really need them?

Need and want is a totally different term. I don't need drugs no but yes i want to take them and go out and be a recreational user.I feel likea slave to tobacco and cannabis though, its an endless cycle of smoking and smoking, wheres it going to end?5,10 years,15 years down the line?i dont know.All i know is i could see meself smoking the old wacky backy for a brave while yet.

Natural highs, as in what are you talking about here?mushrooms?
  • Options
    [B
    Natural highs, as in what are you talking about here?mushrooms? [/B]

well in a way yes, because i think that mdma and stuff can really fuck people up. but in a way no. yes they are better than chemicals but things that are created inside the body even better.

maybe when you witness your first born's birth you will understand what i mean. that feeling

orgasams, you can't recreate them in drugs....

first kiss, first love.....things like that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    well in a way yes, because i think that mdma and stuff can really fuck people up. but in a way no. yes they are better than chemicals but things that are created inside the body even better.

maybe when you witness your first born's birth you will understand what i mean. that feeling

orgasams, you can't recreate them in drugs....

first kiss, first love.....things like that.

Oh i know you coudln't. Nothing could replace moments like that. Nothing.

Have you a child?
  • Options
    lol don't ask me about drinking this week... have been totally manic.

SATURDAY: Houseparty. Five stellas, then lots of spirits like Archers and Southern Comfort, can't remember exactly. Woke up in a very bad state.
    SUNDAY: Four pints after quiet night in.
    MONDAY: 10 pints whilst harassing freshers in uni bars.
    TUESDAY: 6 bottles of stella, bottle of some carribbean alcoholic drink.
    WEDNESDAY: 6 pints of snakebite, 2 bottles of bud, some other bottles... can't remember exactly.
    THURSDAY: 14 bottles of both Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Breezer
    TODAY: 6 cans of Stella

And got nights out planned until next Thursday.

I don't like to think I 'binge drink'; I just love drinking. I don't do it to get drunk, just for the socialness and enjoyment of it. I generally hate being drunk lol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocks

SATURDAY: Five stellas, then lots of spirits like Archers and Southern Comfort, can't remember exactly. Woke up in a very bad state.
    SUNDAY: Four pints
    MONDAY: 10 pints
    TUESDAY: 6 bottles of stella, bottle of some carribbean alcoholic drink.
    WEDNESDAY: 6 pints of snakebite, 2 bottles of bud, some other bottles... can't remember exactly.
    THURSDAY: 14 bottles of both Smirnoff Ice and Bacardi Breezer
    TODAY: 6 cans of Stella

For some reason I find something a bit odd about people knowing exactly how many pints they had on this night or that night, as if there's something special about it.
  • Options
    Oh i know you coudln't. Nothing could replace moments like that. Nothing.

Have you a child?
    errr no, i practicly am one. and i don't plan on having one for another 5-7 years either. life is the most wonderful gift you can give anyone i think.