Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.

I think I am right in saying that we have all got a little carried away with ourselves and been really rather nasty.

I dont think anyone here means you any real malice as such, we just get frustrated thats all.

Try and listen a bit more, and we will stop being nasty.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *nods* yeah, was vaguely amusing, then got nasty, which it shouldn't have done.
  • Options
    as long as listening isn't judged by someone agreeing with one's own opinion,

or disagreeing isn't seen as not listening
  • Options
    Yeah, sorry, that was a bit out of order :o
  • Options
    Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Sorry, that just seems soooooooo fooking wrong. Who are you to tell him to listen more ? He has his view which many people dont agree with........but its HIS view wether you like it or not. It does not give any of you the right to be pure twats to him.

and you lot wonder why people get fed up of this place, also what are you saying to new members of the boards ?? Oh yeah thats what your saying ' You have to agree with everyone here or else we will be pure twats to you'...........sorry cos thats BULLSHIT.
  • Options
    To be fair beckboo, he does sometimes totally miss the point. Look at the mugabe thread. That doesn't mean that things didn't get carried away last night, but it is extremly frustrating.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Sorry, that just seems soooooooo fooking wrong. Who are you to tell him to listen more ? He has his view which many people dont agree with........but its HIS view wether you like it or not. It does not give any of you the right to be pure twats to him.

and you lot wonder why people get fed up of this place, also what are you saying to new members of the boards ?? Oh yeah thats what your saying ' You have to agree with everyone here or else we will be pure twats to you'...........sorry cos thats BULLSHIT.

Where did I say he had to agree with me?

I suggested that he should try and listen a bit more, take in what others have to say and then respond to it. Its the same curtesy I expect from everyone.
  • Options
    courtesy mate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    To be fair beckboo, he does sometimes totally miss the point.

so if he's getting on your tits ignore the fooker.........dont give him attention, dont reply to him if you think he aint listening or you think hes just being a tosser. He will soon get fed up and realise that he has been hard work or whatever.

im being stroppy cow now so im gonna naff off...tara :lol:
  • Options
    stroppy cow doesn't half cover it. ;)
  • Options
    courtesy mate.

Yah, like, whatever!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.
    Where did I say he had to agree with me?

I suggested that he should try and listen a bit more, take in what others have to say and then respond to it. Its the same curtesy I expect from everyone.

you suggested that
    I think I am right in saying that we have all got a little carried away with ourselves and been really rather nasty.

i have not been nasty to him as like a few others havent, so that statement you made is wrong.

You want curtesy ? then I think he deserves the same treatment and not have threads made to try and humiliate him.

ok ?
  • Options
    dude! It's courtesy
  • Options
    dude! It's courtesy

Im not a dude......im a woman and men are dudes :p

and if i wanna say curtesy I will and I spelt it how Bong did so stick that up yer pipe and smoke it :p
  • Options
    I think you'll find I corrected him too!
  • Options

No, a minority of people have got totally carried away and have been bullies.
    The only difference between this place and the school yard in that thread is the anonyminity some people choose to hide behind.
    Saying things they would never have the guts to say to somebody's face.

I've been here a long time, and I never recall such a vicious and unwarranted atack on someone for something as petty as a website.
    Lukesh deserves a proper apology.
  • Options
    to be honest, I probably would have said it to his face.
    But yes, I'm sorry, I'm disappointed in myself. It was supposed to be a little bit funny, but it went far too far.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    you suggested that

i have not been nasty to him as like a few others havent, so that statement you made is wrong.

You want curtesy ? then I think he deserves the same treatment and not have threads made to try and humiliate him.

ok ?

Lets not get nasty about this, I'm trying to bloody apologise to the bloke!

I've never even been that bad. Dont make this out to be completely my fault.

And you know that when I said "all" it was a figure of speach, to pull me up on that is, frankly a little petty.
  • Options

Didn't know that the auto-setting was nasty and that people should act according to your flute before that function is turned off.

As many times as we've had this discussion, yes, respect is earned. No, lukesh might not have earned your respect. But to ground the pettiness on the basis of your disagreemeants is a bit too pathetic for my liking, and thankfully some others which disagree with lukesh on regular basis could see this too.

Either way, I am interested in digging up old bullying threads and see how many of the people putting lukesh and his site down yesterday (to put it mildly) are the same to condemn similar actions when performed in a schoolyard or a workplace.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Didn't know that the auto-setting was nasty and that people should act according to your flute before that function is turned off.

I think it's more the consistant and repetative refusal to pay attention or try to learn at all that's most frustrating.

Lukesh gets the piss ripped, as do I when I make a mistake, I'm taking rolly to the cleaners because he challenged my knowledge and was wrong. It's a dynamic.

Last night got out of hand, for which there have been apologies.
  • Options
    I think it would be best to be judged by your actions, so don't be nasty and play nice in the future people.
  • Options
    Or we could be judged by our AV's eh?
  • Options
    well I wouldn't talk to you on a tube :)
  • Options
    Thats good, I had no interest in talking to you either.
  • Options
    Oh and you can change the av in the user cp
  • Options
    I know, I'm just seeing how having an AV feels, i think I can carry this one off. I'm cool enough.
  • Options
    Cool, man
  • Options
    Why thank you, maybe I should add that to my sig.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Its all gotten a bit out of hand Lukesh.

I'm taking rolly to the cleaners because he challenged my knowledge and was wrong.
    i'm never wrong! you might have been right but that doesn't make me wrong ...ever ...bitch.
  • Options
    haha! Rolly was wrong!!
  • Options
    haha! Rolly was wrong!!
    i'm still gonna buy the bleedin' motor though ...
This discussion has been closed.