Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Acid Dilemma

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Doing it tomorrow, should I:

A) Do it in a place I know fairly well, but is far from home, with people I know pretty well but am certainly not great friends with.

or

B) Do it at home with a few close mates who will not be on it. (No parents or responsibilities to worry about).

I am really all for doing it, but I think the fear of a bad trip is the only thing making me apprehensive. I really have to try it as I love doing shrooms and I have heard so many good things of it, but then a few bad. In general, is a bad trip something that will only last until the drug wears off? I only plan on doing one tab (max of 200mg drop), is this enough to make me lose complete touch of reality and send me into one? Or does it alter my state of mind in such a way that I will go completely crazy and be able to rationalize jumping off a bridge (one tab, remember)?

I have made the decision already I am doing it, I just want to clear up exactly how strong the trip will be for the amount I'm doing and I also want to know the better setting. Is there a 9/10 chance I will have an good time? I do have some bad shit going on in my life, but I'm very open about how I feel and have no thoughts or feelings hidden away from people. I think doing it with close mates will be better because they can keep an eye on me, but don't know if this would be the better way. Sorry if these questions are stupid, but this is the first drug I've thought about in advance of doing it. I have a lot of experience with other drugs, mushrooms being the only hallucinogen (apart from pills and skunk which I personally don't see as hallucinogens but technically are).
All advice appreciated, suppose I'm really just worried for what to expect.

ETA: A lot of people I talk to say it's easier to have a bad trip off shrooms and that an acid trip is much 'happier', how true is this?

Comments

• Options
    i'll pressume your doing it ok.
    it is an incredible experience ...it's a trip ...a journey.
    the only don't ...and very important ...is you don't experience lsd if your struggling with serious emotional issuses ...a recent death ...a great loss ...a looming serious situation.
    lsd is not a drug to escape from your problems ...lsd is ...a holiday in chemical form.
    twelve hours of sunshine in the middle of the night and your still capable of buying a newspaper and a packet of fags ...the large dilated eyes and the smile of a religous nutcase ...can be off putting for the petrol station guy as you walk in going wow man ...
    it's to be celebrated and enjoyed ...
    and no matter where you go on this stuff ...i bet i been further.
    goodnight ...have a good trip.
  • Options
    Only reason I was looking at doing it now is my dad's been ill and looks to be well on the way to recovery, I've got my life on track so far as finding a job and want to try it before I start my new lifestyle as a regulated drug user and drinker. Likely to be the only (if not one of very few times) I do acid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    Only reason I was looking at doing it now is my dad's been ill and looks to be well on the way to recovery, I've got my life on track so far as finding a job and want to try it before I start my new lifestyle as a regulated drug user and drinker. Likely to be the only (if not one of very few times) I do acid.
    sandbox ...you sound good to me for take off.
  • Options
    Re: Acid Dilemma
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    B) Do it at home with a few close mates who will not be on it.

Not a good idea at all, If you feel comfortable with, and trust the friends in the first option I would go for that as it is your first time.

It's not fair to your closest mates if you try it and they don't know about it, or have had no experience of dealing with it.

How do you know how strong the tab is? We had paper trips last weekend and they were soo weak, so we took the sugar cubes we bought aswell (we already knew they were quite strong from someone elses experience from the week before).
  • Options
    I doubt you'd get one hit that was 200mcg, most are between 50 and 100mcg now.

This of course leads people to say 'oh its not like it used to me' but whats the difference in taking four 50mcg hits or one 200?

Personally I have never found acid to be something I can do in the company of others, unless its a low dose with amphet and MDMA.

However, others dont like doing hallucinogens by themselves, they find it too introspective.

As for the enviroment, if your going to be around people it may well be better that they are sharing in the experience.

It is unlikely to be the 'heaven and hell' type classic acid experience everyone thinks it will be. You need to do 300mcg+ for that to happen.

As for mushies or acid being happier than the other, no, thats rubbish, they are just different thats all. Some people prefer one, others the other. I find acid less visual and more introspective.

I would also say not to smoke pot during the experience, it can make you confused and get your thought patterns stuck in loops.
  • Options
    The guy who's sorting them for us has a bottle of liquid and said his drops should be about 200mg, I don't know how true that is but he's sorting it out on some blotter for us, he said he'd normally sell it straight from the bottle. Will the blotter affect the strength?
  • Options
    Dont get him to put it on paper, you have to use proper paper, if he just dips it on ordinary blotting paper the chemicals in that might kill the acid.

Get him to put the liquid onto a suger cube.

Did he tell you they were 200mg or 200mcg?
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I know he said 200 something and I assumed he meant mg, guessing it must be mcg now though. What's the difference? Sugar cubes will be do-able, going to his later to sort it out.
  • Options
    200mg is a very generous dose.

mg = miligram 1000 = 1g

mcg = microgram 1,000,000 = 1g

A threshold dose of LSD-25 is about 30-40mcg, with the normal dose being about 150mcg ish, doses in the 60's were normally about 250-300mcg.
  • Options
    So even 200 mcg could be quite strong. If he did say 200 mg then I could be in for a shock...

Considering somehow doing the dose in 2 halves. Will it take 1-2 hours to come up and know what sort of level I'm at?
  • Options
    200mcg is a good dose, it shouldnt be too much, though of course everyone reacts differently.

It wont be 200mg, though listen to what he says, if he says miligrams then you will know he doesnt know what he's talking about.

You will start to feel the acid within about 15mins if you let the suger cube disolve on your tounge. There will be the come up which will last about 45mins after that, your'll be excitable, slightly on edge though not in a bad way. Then it will plateu and the next 4 hours or so will be slightly calmer, giggly and visual. Then the last 3-5 hours will be more introspective, your'll be less energetic.
  • Options
    sandbox magician

from my own experience. do it only with others who are doing it - otherwise you mightn't be able to relax around them - they could put you on edge as you will know they are not on acid. we had this once and the non acid taker wrecked everyones head. gather good music, books, games etc - lots of people get fidgety on acid so have stuff to do - plus gadgets and good music are great when on acid. clear you day - make sure you will not have anything to do - turn mobile off - etc. if i was feeling sick or anything like that i wouldnt do it - you'll take that into your buzz, y'know. main thing - relax.

in case anyone freaks out - vitamin c apparantly helps bring you down a bit -i have found this to work but it may be a placebo effect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bananaman
    in case anyone freaks out - vitamin c apparantly helps bring you down a bit -i have found this to work but it may be a placebo effect.

I'm sorry to burst you bubble but vitamin C has no effect on LSD what so ever.

LSD is barely even in your body after the first 4 hours, no-ones really sure why it works for another 6.

The only thing its really useful for is for flushing amphetamines out of your body.
  • Options
    you didn't burst my bubble - like i said - "it may be a placebo effect" - i have seen it calm people down a bit before - but it may as well have been a rolo in one case. it sounds like the sort of healthy thing that would bring you down a bit - thats why i think it works sometimes if someone is freaking out- if someone thinks they need it, and takes it, it may relax them and hence get them out of whatever funk they are in. chemically - it obviously has no effect - but so much of taking acid is about you and your environment - if it makes you feel better then in a sense it may be said to work.

is there any sure way to come down off acid that's practical? - one pill makes you big - the other makes you small?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

You will start to feel the acid within about 15mins if you let the suger cube disolve on your tounge. There will be the come up which will last about 45mins after that, your'll be excitable, slightly on edge though not in a bad way. Then it will plateu and the next 4 hours or so will be slightly calmer, giggly and visual. Then the last 3-5 hours will be more introspective, your'll be less energetic.
    i don't believe it is possible to write out how a trip will unfold.
    anyway ...he should by now have travelled shouldn't he?
    wonder when he's going to land ...and where?
  • Options
    I was just basing that on all the people I've known who've done acid. They have all described the three sections to it.

But of course everyone is different.

As for coming down off acid, there is one drug which is supposed to stop the effect dead, though I cant remember its name and its stupidly rare. Most times if you present yourself into A&E or somewhere they will just talk you down and give you a benzo.

However, giving someone who's going wrong a benzo might well be a bad idea. Yes it might stop them worrying that very second, but the trip might have brought up things that need to be dealt with then, to cover that with a benzo might be damaging.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Just following on from what Bong said, I found this answer on as Erowid, as follows -
    Traditionally, when a person is having a rough trip, hospitals give either anti-psychotics such as haloperidol, Risperdal, and Thorazine, or anti-anxiety drugs such as Valium or Xanax. The anti-psychotics are more geared towards ending a trip while the anti-anxiolytics are intended to redirect the experience by reducing the anxiety.

There is a lot more information in Erowid's LSD Vaults for those who want to do some research....
  • Options
    But as I say, these sometimes do more harm than good, you have a terrible experience and they only mask it, they dont allow you to deal with it. They wear off and it comes back.

I have heard some reports about using MDMA near the end of a trip to facilitate the person to verbalise and formulate what they have learnt. Though of course I wouldnt recomend this.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I have heard some reports about using MDMA near the end of a trip to facilitate the person to verbalise and formulate what they have learnt. Though of course I wouldnt recomend this.

No, becuase that would be mixing drugs which is absolutely not recommended by The Site either. :no:
  • Options
    Certainly, you would be extending the trip experience over a long period 6+ hours of the acid then at least 4 or 5 of the MDMA. Thats a long time.
  • Options
    I'd love to know about the drug that stops an acid fit in its tracks. As for Valium - it works very, very well at the end of the night - when you are knackered but can't really sleep. I used this last Saturday night and was out like a light - whereas about a month ago I only had a very mild LSD dose at 1 am and couldn't sleep until 8 am - which was very annoying. Maybe if someone was going beserk on acid a valium might calm them the hell down - but i wouldnt like to give someone a valium in that state - if the acid made them go loo laa - then who knows what could happen
  • Options
    LSD is an interesting one in terms of its stimulant effect, chemically its not a stimulant at all. Its more a side effect, your body doesnt really know whats going on so it produces the 'fight or flight' response.

This leads to the edgy feeling, dilated pupils and slightly increased heart rate.
  • Options
    never reallly felt that edgy on acid - maybe a little bit sometimes - the biggest side effect for me is a fear of paranoia - i am terrified of getting paranoid because then i know i have a good chance of having a bad trip. i avoid public areas until i have calmed down, don't get into debates with people etc cause if i start to feel paranoid, i'll waste my trip telling myself everythings ok.

yeah - the eyes are the most obvious effect - we went out last Sat night after mushies and althought we were fine to be in public - we all had eyes like dinner plates and i was actually surprised that the doorman let us in without an inquisition. is there any way to get rid theses eyes? like some sort of eye drops or something?
  • Options
    About the only thing I can think of is to get the 'pins' from doing an opiate.

Though thats probably unwise.
  • Options
    Has anyone had any experience with mixing acid and MDMA, like say some pills and then an hour or two later the acid..would you feel both and be able to express yourself alot better or would the bodyload and effects from both at the same time really send you somewhere you don't know, i've never tried lsd yet, but i'm thinking about whenever i get offered lsd i'll probably be on pills and end up eating the acid as well,i know this would be stupid but when your off your head it would seem the best idea.
  • Options
    I've done both together in the past, if you can get it right then it can be good, BUT the mix is delicate and getting it right takes luck and skill.

Too much of one or the other and it ends up going wierd.

Plus the comedown can be horrific.

If your planning to try both, make sure you are experienced with both seperately first.
  • Options
    Well i'd be experienced with mdma but LSD i've never tried.
  • Options
    Oh, and you know me, I'm not petty, but your quote is wrong by the way. I presume you are quoting the scene in Fear and Loathing where he eats LSD off someone shirt?

The line is "Always thinking that behind some door in his favouraite bar there would be people getting incredible kicks from things he'd never know."
  • Options
    Pedantic git.
  • Options
    Oh right, i never knew it was from fear and loathing.