You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

19th birthday london bar venue suggestions!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am looking to take about 20-25 people out on a friday for my 19th in central london, any area really, covent garden etc? As we are all 18-19, students, somewhere not too expensive would be great, and somewhere we wont feel out of place too. But obviously its my birthday so would like it to be special! Preferrably a late license.

not too bothered about music type etc, but could anyone reccomend any suitable bars?

cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive only been working in the city for a few months, but when we have been out on payday to get lashed, we've usually found our way to Leicester Square - im actually on a uni placement year working for a big company, so i guess that still classes me as a student.

The Oxygen Bar is a good cocktail bar, although we were thrown out of the upstairs section for being too loud once...oops. The Yates underneath Capital Radio is also good - it also has a DJ, The Weatherspoons next to the Massive Odeon isnt bad either but its just a drinking place really, no DJ or anything.

Theres a bar in China Town called the Bar Room Bar which is also good, although i didnt stay for long when we did go there. Serves food as well as alcohol and theres a DJ there sometimes.

Take into account this is london, its not always cheap :(

Sorry i cant list any more!
    Try the Old Crown on New Oxford Street. It's not overly cheap but abour reasonable for where you are. You can book an area for a shindig, they put on cool food, and they have a giant wheel of fortune thing that picks out what cocktail you should drink! It's an uber cool place!
    For my 18th I went to Oxygen followed by the rest of the night in Fabric (lol) and it was a pretty decent night in Oxygen; though I managed to spend £120 somehow.

Not really a London person so I'm probably not the best qualified to give advice.