Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

19th birthday london bar venue suggestions!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Am looking to take about 20-25 people out on a friday for my 19th in central london, any area really, covent garden etc? As we are all 18-19, students, somewhere not too expensive would be great, and somewhere we wont feel out of place too. But obviously its my birthday so would like it to be special! Preferrably a late license.

not too bothered about music type etc, but could anyone reccomend any suitable bars?

cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Ive only been working in the city for a few months, but when we have been out on payday to get lashed, we've usually found our way to Leicester Square - im actually on a uni placement year working for a big company, so i guess that still classes me as a student.

The Oxygen Bar is a good cocktail bar, although we were thrown out of the upstairs section for being too loud once...oops. The Yates underneath Capital Radio is also good - it also has a DJ, The Weatherspoons next to the Massive Odeon isnt bad either but its just a drinking place really, no DJ or anything.

Theres a bar in China Town called the Bar Room Bar which is also good, although i didnt stay for long when we did go there. Serves food as well as alcohol and theres a DJ there sometimes.

Take into account this is london, its not always cheap :(

Sorry i cant list any more!
  • Options
    Try the Old Crown on New Oxford Street. It's not overly cheap but abour reasonable for where you are. You can book an area for a shindig, they put on cool food, and they have a giant wheel of fortune thing that picks out what cocktail you should drink! It's an uber cool place!
  • Options
    For my 18th I went to Oxygen followed by the rest of the night in Fabric (lol) and it was a pretty decent night in Oxygen; though I managed to spend £120 somehow.

Not really a London person so I'm probably not the best qualified to give advice.