Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Abusive Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How come whenever I have sex its always really rough and painful? I've had four sexual partners. Though two were one night stands and the other two brief flings. Surelly, sex shouldn't still be hurting me just because I don't have it frequently? What do you think? Anyone have a similiar problem? Sex just feels like torture most of the time. :( Its not fair.

Comments

• Options
    your a bit unclear..

do you mean it is always rough ? because that can certainly make it painful
  • Options
    The men I've being with have being quite rough with me, not very sensitive or anything. I told them to slow down etc but it still hurts. I bleed afterwards too.
  • Options
    Mayeb 'cuz they're "one night sands & 'brief flings' " these guys were not actually bothered about whether it was hurting you physically (and emotionally?).

But as Blah_x2 said, you're a bit unclear.

Do you mean you're afterwards (and still) physically hurting because of the sex? Then maybe you should get it checked with a doctor.

Or are you talking about men being rough with you? Then maybe you should leave off the casual sex for a while and find someone who is caring about you (easier said that done, fine) but see if even gentle, it still hurts you.

Meh..dunno if that's what you were talking bout, hope it helped!
  • Options
    What do you mean they were "rough" and "abusive"?

If sex was painful for you then you perhaps were not aroused enough, possibly becaus ethey were just flings. Similarly, "flings" are not going to care too much what you like, really.
  • Options
    theres a difference between rough sex and abusive sex. Which one do you mean.
    If its hurting you, youre allowed to stop. Youre always allowed to say no, at any stage, whatever. If youve said no, and they dont stop, then its abusive.
    Do they know it hurts you? Have you tried using a lubricant?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    What do you mean they were "rough" and "abusive"?

I communicate with guys and I tell them to move slower or to not do certain things because it hurts but they kinda stop for a while and do it again! :( Guys have forced me into all sorts of things I don't want to do. One guy I said no to and tried to move away from called me lots of awful names and pushed me around and he was too strong so I couldn't stop him... :( I don't know whether thats rough sex or abusive sex? The whole thing is just really getting me down and I'm starting to find it really hard to trust any guy.
    Also, about the fact they've all being short term... half of them told me they were looking for something serious and that they wanted a girlfriend; blantently they lied but I didn't wanna see that because I like to think people tell the truth... I'm stupid. lol :( The other one was my best friend, I've known for years and we're both cool about the fact we had sex cos we were drunk; I still see him and everything and we laugh about it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EyeCee
    I communicate with guys and I tell them to move slower or to not do certain things because it hurts but they kinda stop for a while and do it again! :( Guys have forced me into all sorts of things I don't want to do. One guy I said no to and tried to move away from called me lots of awful names and pushed me around and he was too strong so I couldn't stop him... :( I don't know whether thats rough sex or abusive sex?
    Personally, id call that rape. :(, or definitely abusive.
    Sorry to hear youve been through that, im not sure what to suggest, but I expect youll find lots of support and advice on here.
  • Options
    Those guys sound like a bunch of arseholes.
  • Options
    Guys have forced me into all sorts of things I don't want to do. One guy I said no to and tried to move away from called me lots of awful names and pushed me around and he was too strong so I couldn't stop him... :( I don't know whether thats rough sex or abusive sex?

That's not simply 'rough sex'! That's completely unacceptable!!
  • Options
    Guys have forced me into all sorts of things I don't want to do. One guy I said no to and tried to move away from called me lots of awful names and pushed me around and he was too strong so I couldn't stop him...

he should be fucking strung up :mad:
  • Options
    One guy I said no to and tried to move away from called me lots of awful names and pushed me around and he was too strong so I couldn't stop him... :(

That's rape.

If you keep ending up in bed with men like that then the only thing I would say is be more careful.

I'd just like to remind you that having sex with men does not make you attractive, and men wanting to sleep with you is not the only barometer of attractiveness. If you say no to people they will still like you, hon, and any that doesn't isn't worth bothering about.

*hug*
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    What a nice day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BINKX
    What an attention seeker how pathetic.

That was un called for. I dont see her as an attention seeker. She's not posting in everyother thread saying "omg this this and this happened to me, oh woe is me i'm going to take my own life!!"
    She came here with a question, told us some imformation and that info turned out to be more serious than she first thought it was.
  • Options
    What an attention seeker how pathetic.

The ironic thing is, of course, who's saying it.

Go and play with the traffic, nobhead.
  • Options
    Hey man when I want to know about "tabs" shit beer and fighting il ask.Bite it you scum
  • Options
    Right time for intervention I think. This thread was written by someone asking for help and they have the right, as all the other people who use this site, to receive advice. If you don't want to participate in giving this advice then no one is forcing you to be part of this thread.

EyeCee- I hope these links help you and you should remember that when you have sex with someone at the absolute minimum you deserve respect from them. I've also included a link to a support line which you may find helpful.
    painful sex sexual offences supportline
  • Options
    Ok I retract that statement but I still dont like kermit.
  • Options
    You in disguise? :chin:
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to appear to be an attention seeker, I just can't talk to people about what happened because it upsets me. Maybe I will try counselling so I can trust people a little better.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to appear to be an attention seeker, I just can't talk to people about what happened because it upsets me. Maybe I will try counselling so I can trust people a little better.

Don't feel like an attention seeker. It's important for you to feel like you can talk openly here. And you can, the odd wanker makes us all seem bad.
  • Options
    yeah you shouldnt pay attention to that I dont actually read the posts anyway so im not really sure what you said in the first place.
  • Options
    I still dont like kermit.

If you want to join my fan club, send a cheque for £19.99 made payable to "Kermit" and post it to:

Kermit,
    His House,
    Newcatle upon Tyne.

You get an "I <3 Kermit" limited edition set of steak knives, and you get to feel the love that only I can bring to your life :heart:
  • Options

You have absolutely nothing to be sorry about. Is good you're willing to get councelling though, as it may help you get things off your chest. As it's no good to keep stuff like that to yourself. Though do you not have a friend you could talk to?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    Though do you not have a friend you could talk to?

It's something that is very difficult to bring up with a friend, even a close one. It takes an awful lot of courage to confide in a friend.

EyeCee, if you want to talk with someone about it then you can always email Jo at the Samaritans, and they will help you with care and sympathy.
  • Options
    It's something that is very difficult to bring up with a friend, even a close one. It takes an awful lot of courage to confide in a friend.

That can be true. So I understand that. But I was just asking, as it may help to get some moral support from someone she knows and can comfort her when she needs it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    it may help to get some moral support from someone she knows and can comfort her when she needs it.

Oh, it almost certainly will help. But it's not as easy as that, and for some people it is too horrible an experience to recount to any person that they know.
  • Options
    If you want to join my fan club, send a cheque for £19.99 made payable to "Kermit" and post it to:

Kermit,
    His House,
    Newcatle upon Tyne.

You get an "I <3 Kermit" limited edition set of steak knives, and you get to feel the love that only I can bring to your life :heart:

can i join :D
  • Options

you do not seem like an attention seeker at all, it was just the noob being incredibly stupid. do not listen.

counselling may well be a good help. i know some people who have benefited immensely from it, growing more confident and trusting the right people. however it doesn't work for 100% of people, so keep trying until you find something.

you do not need to use your body to get men. and anybody who abuses anybody else needs to be sorted out!
  • Options
    Hey man when I want to know about "tabs" shit beer and fighting il ask.Bite it you scum

Hey Binx, you little fuck wit. what kick are you getting out of this ? You are the kind of insensitive fuck she is talking about.
    why don't you find some sort of gob shites chat forum where they discuss who can be the biggest prick.
    You are fucking lucky that this has not happened to any one you care about.
    Now get the fuck off this thread........