Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls and Condoms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just a thought but here's a question for you girls .. does it actually feel much different for you if a guy is wearing one or not and if so how?

And also do you have a preference ? i.e. normal, studded, ribbed, etc?

Comments

• Options
    If were using a condom, sex is bad for both of us.
    All I can feel is the rubber of the condom and it just feels like a dildo. I like a penis to feel like a penis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    . I like a penis to feel like a penis.

that's what i think, if only everyone was std free i'd be much happier :)
  • Options
    I find that a durex Featherline, dosnt actually distract that mutch from the pleasure I would say you get 80 to 90% of the sensation.

Of course Id rather not wear them not so much due to the loss of sensation but, because you miss out on the ultimate pleasure of cumming deep inside a girl, that for me is the main loss of a condom.
  • Options
    You'd rather not wear one? Spose you get a nast infection? Is it really worth it?
  • Options
    Rather not yes, Id rather not pay extra for an airbag in my car, but I did cause its safer.

(well no I got it 2nd hand and it came with it but you get the point)
  • Options
    It does feel very different.
    You feel much closer without a condom and it often feels different when they cum too
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd agree that it feels different when they come too... you can feel it more when they're wearing a condom...
    Overall, it does feel slightly different (I guess drier with a condom), but I don't mind how it feels...
    Psychologically I prefer it without, it's nice to feel closer physically...
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Yeah it feels nicer without them, untill he cums that is and it runs down your leg for the next half hour...

but generally it lasts longer with them :p
  • Options
    Anyone who is having unprotected sex (ie no condom) with any partner is being stupid. I only do this with Chris i know hes ok & i like to think hes my partner for life, not just some random shag.
  • Options
    I think for women, any difference with a condom, is purely psychological.
    I prefer not to use condoms but its definitely a psychological thing rather than a physical thing. I dont get as much out of it if I know my mans pleasure is reduced, but if youre not in a long term relationship then condoms are a must, and you really shouldnt be knowing about the difference, as that means youve already been too risky.
    I wish they hadnt stopped all the high profile AIDs campaigns, because it seems people have forgotten all too quickly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Anyone who is having unprotected sex (ie no condom) with any partner is being stupid.

What about if they are in a relationship with that person and are using other forms of contraception and/or were virgins when they met and had been tested for std's and such.
    If you are in a monogamous relationship i don't see the problem?

:)
  • Options
    I think people are not using them enough, Im problably the youngest who can remember the sex education campaigns on TV this was whan I was about 10 or so, and there was a fear of getting aids that sadly dosnt exsist now, a lot of people a biit younger than me in their early 20's or late teens dont seem bothered about using them, we could see abig increase in this country of AIDS, in parts of Africa a 1/3 of all sexualy active people have it,

When your going to have sex with someone for the first time theyve gonna have had sex with other people, you never know what they might have, alarm bells should start ringing in your head.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    me and James both agree that sex is better without. it feels better. i can't put it in any other words than that :eek2:

and no we're not being stupid or putting our health at risk.

James hadn't slept with anyone before me, and i'd only been with one person and had a test after breakign up with him due to a nasty lie he told me
    plus, i'm on the pill so no pregnancy
  • Options
    Tweety, thats a very strange viewpoint.

If adequate contraception is being used other than condoms and both partners have been tested and pronounced sti free there's no real problem. Your viewpoint i feel is very old fashioned and self biased due to your situation.
  • Options
    i dont believe in not using them, under any circumstances.

1 partner could easily be shagging someone else with something

I know its a depressing viewpoint, but its better than thinking u can trust someone then u find out that u cant and that u have a disease/infection
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    What about if they are in a relationship with that person and are using other forms of contraception and/or were virgins when they met and had been tested for std's and such.
    If you are in a monogamous relationship i don't see the problem?

:)

yeah thats fine, thats kinda what i meant about why i dont, didnt explain very well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Tweety, thats a very strange viewpoint.

If adequate contraception is being used other than condoms and both partners have been tested and pronounced sti free there's no real problem. Your viewpoint i feel is very old fashioned and self biased due to your situation.

What situation is that?! Please do tell me as i am very curious as to what you think this is.

There is nothing wrong with thinking people who sleep with others who they know nothing about there history ie if they have anything., is stupid. Its common sense!
    I was talking about people who go out with people & sleep with them without knowing, then going on to the next, without knowing ect.
  • Options
    Perhaps i should point out what i mean by any. I meant as in all & sundry. Any partner they have.
    Thankyou
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i dont believe in not using them, under any circumstances.

1 partner could easily be shagging someone else with something

I know its a depressing viewpoint, but its better than thinking u can trust someone then u find out that u cant and that u have a disease/infection

You mean even if you get married you'd continue using them?

One benefit of NOT using them is that if two people's bodies get used to each other through transfer of bodily fluids over a long period of time it's sometimes possible for one partner to donate an organ such as a kidney to the other even if they're not a perfect match.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You mean even if you get married you'd continue using them?

yes even when married

i would never trust somebody 100%
  • Options
    yes even when married

then i doubt you will ever get married
  • Options
    yes even when married

Does that mean you never plan to have kids either?
  • Options
    Originally posted by MrG
    then i doubt you will ever get married

ha, good job i dont believe in marriage then :thumb:

And nope, i also never want kids
  • Options
    Originally posted by beans
    Yeah it feels nicer without them, untill he cums that is and it runs down your leg for the next half hour...

god, exactly.

everyone always harps on about how romantic it is without, and how 'close' it makes you and blah blah blah. and falling asleep afterwards in each other's arms, how precious, how lovely.

yeah, until you wake up and have to peel yourselves apart and then spend the next half hour picking bits of ming off yourself, cause getting in the shower just makes it harder to get off.

not my my idea of romance, let me tell you.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    And you know alll this at the grand age of... 19?

i most certainly do

age has nothing to do with it

i am a fully developed adult

with a thing called a personal opinion, take note
  • Options
    Yep; I'm with ya Blah_x2.
    I'm 19 and have no intentions of getting married or having kids. Well at least not anytime soon. I mean I don't know how I'll feel in 10 years time. But for now it's a no-no :)