Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reading was nang!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Omg reading was soooooo good. Muddy and cold but still wicked.
The rasmus and 50cent both got bottled and mudd balled off stage. Each gig I went to I befriended really big guys to use as body gaurds to I didnt get killed in the front.
so yes...This is the thread (probably in the wrong place but i'll blame stupidness from lack off sleep for that) for the people who went to reading to share their stories.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what exatly is this reading thing?
  • Options
    Its a festival, you go there for 3 days and see lots and lots of bands, drink a shit loads of beer then attempt to make a campfire
  • Options
    eh like a british anual version of woodstock? i'm so jelous.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name

There are lots of festivals like this in the UK.

So Zella, did you take any photos?
  • Options
    yes I took loads of photos but on a disposable cam so I have to wait till I have money to get them done.
  • Options
    What does nang mean?! :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd

My thoughts entirely. I'm so out of the loop. :(
    OH how you've littered our lovely(!) town and bought up the entire stocks of pringles and pot noodles. Still shocked at the number of people asking me where they could buy wellies - these people were obviously not in the brownies or the scouts.
    It must have been quieter this time round - last year I could hear blur in all their whinging glory loud and clear from my living room. No such pleasure this year - just the next door neighbour signing along to classic gold fm.
  • Options
    Yes, because bottling people is so fucking funny :yeees:

I hate the Reading/Leeds weekend because it's full of poor little rich goths who think its funny to bottle people, throw piss at each other and burn down portaloos. None of them can hold their fucking drink.

Such a shame too, because the bands on are normally alright, and if it wasn't for the pissed kiddies who think it's OK to feel up my gf (it isn't *smack*) the festival would be good. This year had a crock of wank on, but so it goes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    This year had a crock of wank on, but so it goes.

shite, wasn't it?

only thing worth getting out of bed for was the comedy stage, and thank god there are such things as comedy DVDs.
  • Options
    I heard that 50 Cent was booed off stage after 15mins.
  • Options

I think glastonbury is more like this 'woodstock' party that you have. but there's reading, leads, creamfields, and radio 1 does one be weekend every so often, and one big sunday. So on and so forth.
  • Options
    These days, Glasto is the only one I'd pay money to see. Either there or Isle of Wight, which seem to be about the same in terms of music and atmosphere.

I really can't abide the kiddies at Leeds/Reading, and the corporateness of V doesn't appeal either. It's such a shame that Leeds/Reading these days is full of kids who are only there to have fights and drink too many alcopops (and thats the boys).
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd

www.UrbanDictionary.com/nang
  • Options
    Yeah Manda, I went to the northern version at Leeds. Which you can go and read all about in my journal m'dear! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It's such a shame that Leeds/Reading these days is full of kids who are only there to have fights and drink too many alcopops (and thats the boys).

What a complete pile of shit David. I saw no fights this entire weekend. The average age of the people there was middle 20s. Everyone behaved really well and the atmosphere on the campsite was the best I've known it. The toilets were ok too, nobody set fire to anything that I'm aware of and in general, atmosphere wise that was the best festival I've been to and that was my fourth year at Leeds.
  • Options
    Oh dear. Not another "well in my experience" bollock-fest.

When I was there in 2002 the whole experience was ruined for me by the rioting and the fighting, especially on the last night but before then too. Now if the security has got better (i.e. they now have some) since the move to Bramham then that's wonderful, but my experience in 2002 has put me off the Leeds Weekend for life. It was full of pissed fourteen-year-olds, or pissed people ACTING like fourteen-year-olds, and it was hateful.

The music was brilliant, but hey. Having to walk past a field full of burning portaloos and being repeatedly started on isn't my idea of a fun time.
  • Options
    just cant wait for all my friends to come home and tell me how amazing it was.

for the next five months.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I suspect something happened at Leeds last night.

You dont get wailing Fire engines and ambulances, and circling helicopters overhead at 2am for no reason.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Originally posted by JsT
    I suspect something happened at Leeds last night.

You dont get wailing Fire engines and ambulances, and circling helicopters overhead at 2am for no reason.

Yarr you do round these parts :(
  • Options
    Rasmus getting bawled and bottled off stage. And I wasn't there to witness? -sniff-
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yeah Manda, I went to the northern version at Leeds. Which you can go and read all about in my journal m'dear! :)

eh. that sounded great. and good bands. the best i've heard of here is warped tour. but thats only a day and the legal drinking age/drug rules are far too heavily enforced :p (not that any of that would bother me) but i guess after hearing of this botteling and stuff, my opinions changed a bit. at least at warped everybody is civilized and caring and considerate of everybody else there.
  • Options
    aw it was brilliant. Wet, fucking freezing and muddy, but it was great. The campsite toilets were so awful it was practically legendary, but the arena ones were fine - I even used a she-pee :D :cool: .
    Was soooo thrilling to see Morrissey live. hes amazing.
    Placebo rocked too.
    Unfortunatly I missed 50cent getting booed off stage as I was browsing the stalls at that point, but wished id stayed to watch it now. O/H says that was one of his festival highlights.:lol:
    Im so going to enjoy sleeping in my own bed tonight though - bliss.
    It was amazing how scarce wellies became. People were queing up halfway down the street for them, and shops couldnt get them in fast enough. People were getting their wellies nicked at night if they were silly enough to leave their muddy ones outside their tents. Id heard of people getting mugged for manalo blahniks before, but I never imagined it would happen for wellington boots.
  • Options
    Got back a few hours ago. Was another brilliant festival, despite slightly more crowd trouble than normal. Still had a very good vibe this year and most drunken debauchery was good humoured.

However, as with every year, the festival was dampened by stupidly priced food and beer. I really don't understand how Mean Fiddler can charge prices like that at a festival which is mainly aimed at 15-21 year olds. The only food I bought in the main arena was some mushrooms, which were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    food was ridiculously priced, youre right. A fiver every time you want a snack!!! Even all the places up town, hiked their prices up for the festival weekend. Cheapest place we found was BHS for a full fry-up for about £2, but its quite a way from the festy site.
  • Options
    I only left the site a couple of times. Such a long walk into town that carrying back crates of beer and stuff was too tiring. Decided to part with £20 each time i wanted a crate of warm carling.
  • Options
    well I had the shite-ist time at a carling festival ever-a mixture of not so good line up, poor company (thats personal to me tho) and bloody mud! I was probably the only one pissed off abouty missing rasmus as I actually wanted to see them and a big shout out to the really clever child who dfrank a 3 litre winebox at the front of the crowd that let him spew all over everyone within a 3 metre circumferance! Great stuff! (luckily not over me!)

I did find it less riot like than previous years but the amount of idiots who getr so mashed they pass out and can't even make it to watch the bands is unbelievable-wtf do they buy a ticket for-they can get mashed at home for free ! Gah!

and if one more southern type tells me I'm dumb for not going to leeds as I'm a brummie and thats "up north" my god I'll scream! I'm not a brummie and wolverhampton is not up north! gah!

Music wise-highlights were greendday-great, razorlight were surprisingly good for me and then biggest shock was morrisey-i hated the dude til I actually sat down with me sangria (£6 a bottle shocker) and watched him-he really was good and mellow. The darkness were utter tripe and I'm bummed that I got tickets for there arena show before I saw their crapness live act.

Trouble is I couldn't enjoy the festival as my (soon to be ex) blokee annoyed me and pissed me off so much, my mates were pathetic and it left me wishing I'd gone alone like the time i was at leeds 2002! Strangers can be so much nicer at times!

Did anyone see the messiah go past?
  • Options
    Wish I could have gone.

Just out of interest, when you people say "booed off stage" do you mean he was actually booed off stage or a handful of people shouted "YUO SUKC, FIFDY!" at him?

The atmosphere is not always pleasant for some, but it's the atmosphere of festivals. The toilets are always shit. There are always people feeling others up. There's always pushing. There's always booing at shit artists. There's always a large number of drunken people. That's why they go, to have fun. If your definition of fun isn't the same or you detest the behavior so badly; maybe festivals aren't for you.

I would have loved to see Darkness. It'll be on TV some time this week, mind.
  • Options
    hes the motherfucking P.O.N.C.E
    He did manage to last 4 songs though, despite the booing and heckling, to give him his due.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    hes the motherfucking P.O.N.C.E
    He did manage to last 4 songs though, despite the booing and heckling, to give him his due.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thank you.
  • Options
    I think bottling him was far too over the top. There were a lot of people who had paid for a day ticket for the sole reason of seeing him, only to have it ruined by a load of people booing and lobbing bottles. I actually enjoyed his set, and I'm not a fan of his music. That may have been to do with what a state I was in at the time though...