Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reading was nang!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by SandboxMagician
    I think bottling him was far too over the top. There were a lot of people who had paid for a day ticket for the sole reason of seeing him, only to have it ruined by a load of people booing and lobbing bottles. I actually enjoyed his set, and I'm not a fan of his music. That may have been to do with what a state I was in at the time though...

I see your point, but clearly there has to be a great deal of dislike towards him for that to happen. It was a stupid idea to put him in the lineup. That is clear from the reaction which I happen to find quite funny. It's not as if there is a great range of rap music there. A lot of rock/indie fans don't like rap at all, just as a lot of rap fans don't like rock/indie music. Surely they could have seen it coming?
  • Options
    Leeds wasn't so bad.. just filled with lots of teenybops going to see dizzy rascel or 50cent, but no violence.. well not much, the fire engine was probably because one of the big giant posts that support the lights in the camp site was burnt down, although there was tons of fires today while we was leaving, loads of tents burnt down, and bollocks or random names being shouted at 4am everynight, the bands we're brill, placebo rocked and greenday Really won the crowds, Goldfiner was way better than morrisey, soooo hot though and not much rain, over all a brillient week end, I luckily missed the rasmus although heard them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    there was tons of fires today while we was leaving, loads of tents burnt down, and bollocks being shouted at 4am everynight,
    The legendary mexican bollock-wave didnt happen that much this year. It was almost constant on thursday night, but it didnt really happen after that.
    There were fire engines doing the rounds as we were leaving today as people kept throwing their old gas cannisters on the fires, causing explosions. Idiots.
    Cute little fire engines though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    The legendary mexican bollock-wave didnt happen that much this year. It was almost constant on thursday night, but it didnt really happen after that.
    There were fire engines doing the rounds as we were leaving today as people kept throwing their old gas cannisters on the fires, causing explosions. Idiots.
    Cute little fire engines though.

haha... yes the gas canisters happened here and was quite a few large fires. we parked all the way on the otherside of the camp site from the car park so was a long walk,

jst, I ended up going from doncaster = leeds by car and we got through easily through traffic on the M1 and A1 it just took 2hours to get out the car park
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    jst, I ended up going from doncaster = leeds by car and we got through easily through traffic on the M1 and A1 it just took 2hours to get out the car park

What time was that? When I was on my way to work there were 6 miles of queues on the M1.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    What time was that? When I was on my way to work there were 6 miles of queues on the M1.

due to ticket problems we went early friday morning though, coming back was fine today, no tail backs just hard to get out,
  • Options
    just filled with lots of teenybops going to see dizzy rascel or 50cent,

WTF? Teenyboppers like boybands, not rap artists.

Leeds is primarily a rock festival but it has a dance tent and does cater for other genres. It really used to piss me off but at the end of the day people have diverse tastes. Fair play to 50 Cent, I didn't watch him play or anything because I don't even know who he is, only that he is a rap artist. If you don't like it then people should just go somewhere else whilst they play. Yes, Leeds is a rock music festival but some people who like rock also like rap and that's fair enough. I think it was brave of him to play although he should really have been in a tent and that kind of thing could have been avoided.
  • Options
    due to ticket problems we went early friday morning though, coming back was fine today, no tail backs just hard to get out,

Ah I see. You were lucky you didn't try coming on the Thursday, it was gridlocked the whole day. There was a lot of people still camped outside the train and coach stations when I left work at 8 tonight.

Glad you had an enjoyable time anyway.
  • Options
    no tail backs just hard to get out,

It took friends of mine three hours to get out of the carpark because nobody was letting anyone out. In the end my mate had to get out of the car and stand infront of another vehicle to allow the car to pull out and even then the people in the other car were quite willing to run him over.

The only person directing traffic was a man dressed as Jesus playing a triangle. =/
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    WTF? Teenyboppers like boybands, not rap artists.

Leeds is primarily a rock festival but it has a dance tent and does cater for other genres. It really used to piss me off but at the end of the day people have diverse tastes. Fair play to 50 Cent, I didn't watch him play or anything because I don't even know who he is, only that he is a rap artist. If you don't like it then people should just go somewhere else whilst they play. Yes, Leeds is a rock music festival but some people who like rock also like rap and that's fair enough. I think it was brave of him to play although he should really have been in a tent and that kind of thing could have been avoided.

yeah.. it would've been better if he was shoved off to the dance tent and freed up the main stage :D, I think They're trying to make leeds for everyone, to attracted more people do it by playing more genres of music, although I always hope it'll be a rock fest, the line up wasn't the best i've seen but still pretty good,

and jst, thanks I got the train from doncaster and it was chock ablock, two hours standing up to get to london... Grrr
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    I see your point, but clearly there has to be a great deal of dislike towards him for that to happen. It was a stupid idea to put him in the lineup. That is clear from the reaction which I happen to find quite funny. It's not as if there is a great range of rap music there. A lot of rock/indie fans don't like rap at all, just as a lot of rap fans don't like rock/indie music. Surely they could have seen it coming?

Definately. The main party to blame is whatever idiots thought he would fit in on the main stage at Reading in front of a load of Greenday and Placebo fans.
  • Options
    Kermit; Im assuming that you were at Leeds 2002, and to be honest i've gotta defend that festival.

There were A FEW pissed up wankers, but barely enough to even notice, as far as being 'hateful' i found we ran into alot of very nice people, a fantastic line up and i had the best weekedn of my life, and i really am sorry that u didnt because i loved it:D (but granted with such a big event experiences are bound to vary.)

The police had ALOT to answer for that night as well...as well as more than a few local kids
  • Options
    Well im on the "if you dont liek them dont fucking go see them and spoil it for others" bus. I really wanted to see 50 Cent in all his glory as i know id never pay for a ticket to see him so it would have beena change to my normal gig headliners.

However, watching the crowd part while a guy with a piss bag ran to the front was quite funny.

As for Kermit's comments, well i dont believe other people should ruin an event and dont even think other people could for me! I see everything as you make the most of it yourself, if you dont then its ya own fault. If theres trouble get out of the way.

Lastly i was surrounded in my camp by two sets of girls one called catherine(doris & ethel) and her friends from essex and another called Nic and Claire from birmingham, if this rings any bells for anyone let me know as id like to get in touch with them.

For all that went reading thanks for being a part of what was the highlight of my year so far.

.Matt
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue

Just wondering what campsite you were in? Did you here the chrous of sponge bob square pants?!
  • Options
    i was in green camp. Just as you walk over reape bridge it was to your right. Fantastic memories.
    .matt
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    Kermit; Im assuming that you were at Leeds 2002, and to be honest i've gotta defend that festival.

The police had ALOT to answer for that night as well

thats West Yorkshire Police for you. Completely useless in every way, shape or form.
  • Options
    I went to Reading, it was my first and last festival(for a weekend anyways) Highlights for me were Offspring, Darkness, Placebo, Supergrass, lost Prophets and the Hives. I really wanted to see the rasmus, I hate it when others ruin things that poeple actually want to see. The toilets were ming and I officially hate camping, I'm not meant for tents!
  • Options
    i wanted to see the rasmus too, but i didnt manage to get back in time after going up town for my breakfast and morning ablutions. I still thought it was a bit off that they were booed, even though I didnt see it anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *milky way*
    I went to Reading, it was my first and last festival(for a weekend anyways) Highlights for me were Offspring, Darkness, Placebo, Supergrass, lost Prophets and the Hives. I really wanted to see the rasmus, I hate it when others ruin things that poeple actually want to see. The toilets were ming and I officially hate camping, I'm not meant for tents!

At least you're honest that festivals (or at least the camping side of them) aren't for you. So many people just moan and moan without stopping to think that they are infact boring fuckers who need to lighten up. Y'know, let people have fun. Stuff like that.
  • Options
    At least you're honest that festivals (or at least the camping side of them) aren't for you. So many people just moan and moan without stopping to think that they are infact boring fuckers who need to lighten up. Y'know, let people have fun. Stuff like that.
    yeah i do hate people that mopan and do nothing about it
    .matt
  • Options
    If I didnt know that I loved camping, I doubt I would have gone in the first place.
    Bit silly to go to a festival if youre the kind of person that cant do without home comforts.
    I must admit though, im thinking of hiring a narrowboat for next year, for a bit of extra luxury.
  • Options
    actually, sod the boat idea. Just checked it out, and for a small 2/4 berth cruiser for a 3 or 4 day short break in august, its gonna be around £500 at the cheapest.
    Looks like we`ll be camping again, just hope its not as wet next year.
  • Options
    I'd never been camping before and thought I wouldn't mind it, but I did, so instead of infecting people with my moaning again next year i'll just choose my favourite day!
  • Options
    So many people just moan and moan without stopping to think that they are infact boring fuckers who need to lighten up.

Hope that wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

It was an experience for me, I'm glad I went, but not again. I like being able to have a shit without retching, more than anything. Although camping doesn't bother me, festival camping ain't quite the same.

More than owt I think I couldn't afford enough drink or drugs.

The food at the festivals is always that price. 50p for a slice of processed cheese? Bargain!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Hope that wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

I'm offended.
    Originally posted by Kermit

It was an experience for me, I'm glad I went, but not again. I like being able to have a shit without retching, more than anything. Although camping doesn't bother me, festival camping ain't quite the same.

More than owt I think I couldn't afford enough drink or drugs.

The food at the festivals is always that price. 50p for a slice of processed cheese? Bargain!

And that's fine. It's understanable why so many people don't like the festival camping experience. It's luxury is comparable to that of the cavemen; yet it's something different. Some people enjoy it, some people don't. And yes, £4 it cost me for a bacon cob which made me feel like I had tonsillitis.
  • Options
    Some people enjoy it, some people don't. And yes, £4 it cost me for a bacon cob which made me feel like I had tonsillitis.

You must have chosen the best catering van then:p

Nah, I think my trouble in 2002 was that I couldn't afford to get really pissed or high. And there's nothing like near-sobriety to ruin a festival experience:(
  • Options
    It's a good idea (if you have a car) to take food and loads of booze with you. Someone I was camped with brought a cold box with him, so we were able to cook fresh meat and drink cold beer (for the first day or two).

I did a lot of wine and vodka mixing whenever I felt too sober, always did the trick. Also managed to haggle at one of the herbal high stalls to get 50G of Columbian mushrooms for £30, which wasnt too bad when they wanted £40 for them originally.
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue

For all that went reading thanks for being a part of what was the highlight of my year so far.

no worries :p

i was camping in the yellow bit.Had a great time :) my first festie+i want MORE!!!!:D
  • Options
    I take it "nanq" is good yes?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I take it "nanq" is good yes?

nang not nanq, but yes