Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Am I the only one who thinks that's freakishly scary?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zalbor

And please, don't use that "Ya get me" attitude.

:eek2:
    i apologise profusely sir.

& as for the 2004 quote. i was writing in jest. referring to the poll that was attached to this thread..

if my friend got surgery. i would not think any less of her. perhaps i would question as to why she did it. & if it made her feel better about herself, then i don't see the problem. it's nothing for me to worry about. it's not my life, its not my body.

but. anyway.
    each to their own!
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    all teenage girls who get it done should die and thats not a euphamism, just die silly wee girls.

wow, do they bother you that much?
    see. thats what i don't understand. it's their business & their body. perhaps its sad to see girls do this to themselves. perhaps its sad to know that many girls would contemplate having surgery. yes, i can understand why people would think that.
    but when it comes down to it.. it's really nobody elses problem other than theirs. so i don't see why you should get so het up about it! .. dont let them worry you. i certainly am not that bothered by it, especially not to the point at which i would wish death upon them. loopy chap.
  • Options
    In some cases plastic surgery can be a big help to our happyness... I mean... I saw on tv a woman who had her brast too big, and it was very complicated for her to walk.. she just put that smaller, and then she seemed happier... but I don't think that put your lips bigger will help you to get happy...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    :eek2:
    i apologise profusely sir.
    Um.... ...?
    Originally posted by not_an_angel
    In some cases plastic surgery can be a big help to our happyness... I mean... I saw on tv a woman who had her brast too big, and it was very complicated for her to walk.. she just put that smaller, and then she seemed happier... but I don't think that put your lips bigger will help you to get happy...
    In that case, I'd probably agree, as there's a practical reason. But as you say, the problem is when there's no practical reason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    wow, do they bother you that much?
    see. thats what i don't understand. it's their business & their body. perhaps its sad to see girls do this to themselves. perhaps its sad to know that many girls would contemplate having surgery. yes, i can understand why people would think that.
    but when it comes down to it.. it's really nobody elses problem other than theirs. so i don't see why you should get so het up about it! .. dont let them worry you. i certainly am not that bothered by it, especially not to the point at which i would wish death upon them. loopy chap.

i just don't like ungrateful people, they should be so lucky that they are in the position to even afford one, instead of them dying i'd love to just throw them into a shanty town in Africa somewhere and just laugh at them.
  • Options
    :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I'll admit I've thought of plastic surgery. I mean come on, I'm a teenage girl. Of course I have. I have a million things I hate about myself. But actually doing it, or even seriously thinking about it is something totally different. Its the so called imperfections that make a person what they are. It becomes just something about them. Like when you are in a relationship, your partners imperfections somehow become something that you find so special about them. Same with your self. Only its like a relationship with yourself.

My sister got a nose job when she was 13 or 14... can't remember and I just detested her for it. For the fact that somebody could be so superficial at so young and just many other reasons. I still never forget to add the snide remark when possible to her.
  • Options
    And I bet half who voted in that are 14 year old girls that just read Just17 that had some anorexic bint that's come out of rehab for a Coke addiction in there saying how much she get's attention now she has a fake fat arse put on her. OMG, I'm just like SO happy to be plastic.
  • Options
    i just don't like ungrateful people, they should be so lucky that they are in the position to even afford one, instead of them dying i'd love to just throw them into a shanty town in Africa somewhere and just laugh at them.
    There are people who complain that they're getting paid too little. Are they ungrateful because there are people who aren't paid at all? People complain about breaking up with someone they loved. Are they ungrateful because there are people who have never been loved? People feel sad about one of their relatives or friends died. Are they ungrateful because the rest of them are still alive?
    According to you, everyone is ungrateful. So everyone should be happy and complain about nothing. Is that really what you think?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    There are people who complain that they're getting paid too little. Are they ungrateful because there are people who aren't paid at all? People complain about breaking up with someone they loved. Are they ungrateful because there are people who have never been loved? People feel sad about one of their relatives or friends died. Are they ungrateful because the rest of them are still alive?
    According to you, everyone is ungrateful. So everyone should be happy and complain about nothing. Is that really what you think?

maybe i came across wrong on this topic but i don't like the idea of teenage girls getting a breast implant because they think its not the right size, spending daddies hard earned cash while some victim from a crash who can't afford an operation will have to live the rest of their lives with a deformity. thats what i hate and thats what i consider ungrateful, maybe i should have made that point earlier in this thread.
  • Options
    maybe i came across wrong on this topic but i don't like the idea of teenage girls getting a breast implant because they think its not the right size
    I agree. I just don't think it has anything to do with being ungrateful, for the reason I said above.
  • Options
    lets take jordan for an example...i was reading a magazine about her and i saw some pictures of her before she had a boob job she looked just fine as she was nothing wrong with her now i think shes spoilt it but hey whatever tickles your fancy :)
    xx
    Laura