Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Models

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sophie Eliis Bexter eat your heart out!

I think Kate Moss has a pretty face.
    And i also think Caprice is beautifull. The again i ive seen pics of her without the paste on and she aint that good looking. But that gives hope to us all doesnt it? As far as models go, im pretty narrow minded. All these gemma wards of the world, i cant accept them. Theyre not beautifull, there vile. And yet they always date film stars? Damn them....DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!
    Im made to feel inadequate because of freaks like you? AHHHHHHHH!
    Plus size models are beautifull. Healthy, happy and very pretty.
    Plus size models for president i say!
  • Options
    Barbara Brickner

:yum:
  • Options
    A model that looks normal? I'd never thought I;'d see the day.

Quite a lot of models you seein Cosmo and such like have beautiful faces. Or, more accurately, they would if they weighed about two stones heavier, and didn't have the gaunt hollow cheeks that only an anorexic crack addict can have.

The most depressing thing about the modelling industry is that women judge themselves against these models. And a lot of size 8s would look like fat heffmonsters compared to those girls.

Women are supposed to have boobs and hips. I don't think women who don't are especially attractive. But it is all personal taste.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Barbara Brickner

:yum:

:eek: Shes gorgeous!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I think she looks like Keira Knightly might, if she ever ate something.

Yeah, Keira Knightly is gorgeous anyway, but if she looked like that *drools*
  • Options
    I think she looks like Keira Knightly might, if she ever ate something.

She is gorgeous - I wish I looked half as good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    in the third pic, she looks like that kid who used to do antique programmes and then had a sex change.

I thought that too when I saw it :eek2:
  • Options
    Kate Moss and Anna Donne.
  • Options
  • Options
    Adriana Lima is most probably the prettiest person in the world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lea_uk
    there's also Anya who used to date Duncan from Blue and was in the girl band Precious she doesn't look like she's starved herself http://www.models1.co.uk/detail.asp?imagename=001.JPG&softsearch=&linkback=2&curPage=2&modelID=1669&agencyID=1085&cboAgencyid=1085&cboHeight=&cboethnic=&cbohair=&cboeye=&careerid=1&lngsexid=2&userid=&packageid=&letter=&cbocup=

Shes ok, not stunning though :no:
  • Options
    I would just like to say that i found some of the comments on this topic horrible. I wholly agree that they are many problems with the fashion industry and body image, but to call skinny girls disgusting, not real women, and unrealistic is unnacceptable. It is just the same as going to the other extreme and calling obese women unnatural, and ugly.

Although some body shapes are contrived, a lot of people cannot change the body shape that nature has given them, be it fat or thin, and to criticise people for this is not fair.

People have criticised the media here, but you are all falling into the media trap of criticising a minority.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    I would just like to say that i found some of the comments on this topic horrible. I wholly agree that they are many problems with the fashion industry and body image, but to call skinny girls disgusting, not real women, and unrealistic is unnacceptable.
    I actually didnt see any of that on this topic.
    Saying you think plus size models are pretty, isnt the same as saying skinny girls are not real women and disgusting.
    Kermit said that skinny girls werent his preference and that some of them should eat more, but that was about as offensive as it got IMO (or have i misread a huge chunk somewhere?)
  • Options
    Look at Almighty Bob's comment.
  • Options
    But you are right some comments aren't negative, i was reading it too quickly at work, did over react a bit.
  • Options
    Some models are naturally that skinny, and that is fine- Kate Moss, for instance, is naturally meant to be that shape. What concerns me is how many don't seem to be naturally that shape, and they look gaunt because they are too thin for their body shape. That's what I meant by they need to be bigger- they are pretty, but they would look 100 times better if they were their ideal weight, not a contrived idea of beauty that doesn't work for them.

Most women cannot be as slim as the models in the fashion industry, that is a simple fact. They can be slim, but if they have a bust or if they have hips then they can't be.

Very slim girls are not my preference, that is an opinion. It's not offensive, because I don't think every single women should think that my body shape is the very ideal of physical perfection.
  • Options
    there is a hell of a lot of pressure on women in the modelling industry to be very thin and underweight for their height. Even people who are thin, sometimes arent thin enough or dont have the right kind of thinness, depending on whats fashionable at the time. I think the age of the newer models is also worrying, that girl is 16 - she only looks about 13.
    The problem is when they are using a skinny childlike looking girl as a representative of what is `beautiful`, then no woman is ever going to be able to look up to it. Its now not enough to be skinny, youve got to be skinny and have breasts, then youve got to be skinny, have big breasts and have no body hair, then youve got to be skinny, have big breasts, have no body hair and look around 12 or 13 facially.
    Everyone knows we shouldnt take any notice of the models in magazines, but if its thrust upon us from all angles, then people DO just accept that is perfection, and thats what we have to strive for.
    No wonder so many women and girls have poor body image and eating disorders etc
  • Options
    That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say RB, but that was more eloquent. I normally just insult someone by mistake :yeees:
  • Options
    Something everyone seems to be missing here is that most models, especially fashion models, aren't SUPPOSED to be pretty! The job of a fashion model is to make the clothes look good and to draw people's attention to them. Their bodies have to be uber-long and skinny so that the cameras at the shows don't make them look squat, and because the clothes look better on an exaggerated body shape. As for their faces, most fashion models have striking faces; they're eye catching and versatile so that whatever concept the designer comes up with for the show, the makeup and hair that they have to wear will work. They're not meant to be pretty people, they serve a purpose! If you watch a fashion show, the models walk in a really bouncy, giraffey way - not because they think it's a cool way to walk, but so that when the photographers take pictures of them on the catwalk the clothes look like they have movement and the models legs don't look funny. It's lucky we're not bombarded with videos of fashion shows, because then according to you lot, we'd ALL walk like giraffes!
  • Options
    Re: Models

Oh dear, she's a model? What a joke, as far as I'm concerned it's on a par with that prestigious art competition or whatever where someone crumpled a bit of foil, displayed it and won. It's a case of the king's new clothes, they try to go for this 'edgy' look and not go for the obvious ones, but sorry she is not good looking at all. I"m sure loads of lads on here have been out with girls who look much nicer than that. Give me Heidi Klum any day! Well, I suppose I could free up an afternoon if she really wanted :)

Just one thing though, if they're not meant to be pretty and it's about their clothes, then why are photos one and three just of her face?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Models
    Originally posted by Museman

Just one thing though, if they're not meant to be pretty and it's about their clothes, then why are photos one and three just of her face?

it was actually from her profile on style.com, not a modelling shoot ot anything. so they're not exactly gonna be displaying pictures of her ass, for people who want to know who she is.

& she may not be stunning to most people, but she is interesting-looking. thats why i like her. she's not a clone like the rest of the so-called 'pretty' girls, like er, heidi klum or cindy crawford etc. they bore me. boring boring.
  • Options
    I've seen Pitbull's with a better face than that, she looks like a little alien. Most super models are minging tho tbh. All skin & bone :yuck:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I've seen Pitbull's with a better face than that, she looks like a little alien. Most super models are minging tho tbh. All skin & bone :yuck:.

I don't think she's in the SUPER Model category

Elle MacPerhson looked really good inthe movie Sirens when she put on weight for the role.

I think Jane Seymour was pretty cute when she was younger

http://www.poster.net/seymour-jane/seymour-jane-photo-jane-seymour-6205173.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I don't think she's in the SUPER Model category

She is, she does Marc Jacobs along Giselle, Vogue Italia (the most prestigious) covers and Prada campaigns among others. Can't be much more supermodel than that.

In the 90s models wer huge icons, today they're a bit more on the down-low, but people who follow will know who is who.
  • Options
    she reminds me of that girl who used to be in the playstation advert especially in the second picture
  • Options
    Yeah I know the one, the kid with the triangle face and head.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    I think Jane Seymour was pretty cute when she was younger
    I so know someone who looks exactly like her!