Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Models

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've never been a great fan of any particular model, but I really like Gemma Ward. She has an unusual look about her & she's an international supermodel at only 16.. craaazy.

Here are some photos:

i can't decide if she's really beautiful or really freakyugly, but either way, i like her. hah.

aaanyway. do you have any particular model/s you like, and who are they?

Comments

• Options
    I think she is absoutly hideous. I know nothing of models, but the ones I see in magazine ads and such are all ugly. They just have that skinny crack addict look with a face that not even a blind mother could love. I wish I knew what people were thinking when they found them.
  • Options
    They're fit, but my God don't they know it.

Which makes them all woofers, in my book.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    I think she is absoutly hideous. I know nothing of models, but the ones I see in magazine ads and such are all ugly. They just have that skinny crack addict look with a face that not even a blind mother could love. I wish I knew what people were thinking when they found them.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

really? all of them? well if you believe all the models you see in magazines & such to be complete mingers, then i dread to think what you'd do if faced with the elephant man.

however, i can understand what you mean by some of them looking all 'crack addict' & revoltingly skinny but there are plenty of models that do not. plus-size models exist too, you know. it's very narrow-minded to assume all of them appear as the ones on the cover of the latest vogue for example. the media draws so much attention to a certain side of the model/fashion industry, i'm not surprised a lot of people would think this way. ..
  • Options
    I think she is absoutly hideous.

:yes:
  • Options
    She's wearing a lot of foundation. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    AHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

really? all of them? well if you believe all the models you see in magazines & such to be complete mingers, then i dread to think what you'd do if faced with the elephant man.

however, i can understand what you mean by some of them looking all 'crack addict' & revoltingly skinny but there are plenty of models that do not. plus-size models exist too, you know. it's very narrow-minded to assume all of them appear as the ones on the cover of the latest vogue for example. the media draws so much attention to a certain side of the model/fashion industry, i'm not surprised a lot of people would think this way. ..

well lucky for me I realize that the elephant man not only does not exist, but if he did I'm sure he would have a great personality. Models, I do not have a valid reason why, but they get no respect from me. I love to make broad generalizations. It satisifys me. Especially when it comes to superficiality. And it doesn't get much more than models. I know plus sized models exist and they are georgous. They look healthy and they have beautiful faces. They do not look like fishes or over make-uped circus show freaks. And also, lucky again, I would not know what the model on the latest vogue looked like,now would I care. or what the media is brining to my attention because it is all bullshit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    She's wearing a lot of foundation. :eek2:

isnt that what models do?

i also think she looks like a fish. eyes too far apart kinda an alien shaped head going on too
  • Options
    I thought she looked ok in the first picture.

I really like Sophie Dahl. And yes, that is simply because she has fantastic curves, but also because she doesn't care!
  • Options
    I also think that a lot of fashion models are quite unattractive. Glamour models and plus-size models are often much more beautiful and healthy looking, because they tend to be more curvy and healtheir looking. The size 6 models that appear in Vogue etc obviously have some model "look", but it just doesn't do it for me.

I think Gemma Ward looked okay in the first picture, but in the other two she just didn't look all that to me. I think with a lot of these types of models, they aren't the kind of people you would walk down the street and think "wow, they are really stunning", but they are just photogenic or something :confused:
  • Options
    I do think Kate Moss looks STUNNING sometimes, and also David Bowie's wife...I can't think of her name,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Girl_gunner
    also David Bowie's wife...I can't think of her name,

Iman :yes:

personally I think that last picture...is quite scary...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    isnt that what models do?

i also think she looks like a fish. eyes too far apart kinda an alien shaped head going on too

See, I was thinking alien-like.
  • Options
    I don't think she is attractive in my opinion.

I have sent some photos of me away to a modelling agency who were interested in me, but who know's weather they'll like what they see :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    I really like Sophie Dahl. And yes, that is simply because she has fantastic curves, but also because she doesn't care!
    *Had.

Didn't she like diet or something and turn ultra skinny? She so went against anything she ever stood for.
  • Options
    Models....yeuch

I've always had a problem with skinny women...they always look so skeletal and .... in pain :crazyeyes ... starving probably.lol
    i dont see the point in them, no real woman is as thin as them and thank god, or else id never get laid.

btw, the model in question is just as ugly as the rest of them. Looks like an alien.
  • Options
    I think she looks very youthful & her jaw line looks like it's not from a 16 year old.

If her jaw line was more in proportion to her forehead then she'd appear more attractive & less freak like to me.

A model I like is the last one in the shower from the Herbal Organics advert with the 'I am what I am' tune to it.

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy
    I think she looks very youthful & her jaw line looks like it's not from a 16 year old.

If her jaw line was more in proportion to her forehead then she'd appear more attractive & less freak like to me.

A model I like is the last one in the shower from the Herbal Organics advert with the 'I am what I am' tune to it.

.:Crispy:.

i know which one you mean, the one who kinda does a head shaking thing!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Naz
    Iman :yes:
    Thats it! She's stunning
  • Options
    I think she looks beautiful in the second picture.
    In pic 3 she looks hideous.
    In pic 1, I think its a sad picture, she looks so very very young, and I think it just shows, no real woman could ever hope to live up to looking like a model, because theyre not real women, theyre children. So many models are just over the hill in their early twenties. No wonder women have so many body image issues.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    *Had.

Didn't she like diet or something and turn ultra skinny? She so went against anything she ever stood for.

Yeah I actually wrote that I admired Sophie Dahl before she went on a diet... coward! Then changed it because she might have been eating pizza again for all I know! :p
  • Options
    Freakish ugly

The first picture makes her look like a 5 year old beauty pagent contestant. The second like a junkie going cold turkey. The third like an androgynous alien.

Kate Moss is a gorgeous model, with a trashy look when it comes to the drinking/smoking, but otherwise shes great. Some models are gorgeous and some are hideous-just like normal people.
  • Options
    I do love her eyes in the first one and her lips :yes:

Some models can be very pretty though not familiar with them all. I love Sophie Ellis Bextor (that her name) she was like a model, wasn't she? :confused: Well I love her features. Very pretty. Makes her stand out from the rest with her beauitful features.
  • Options
    She's good looking, but a bit weird. They've definitely chosen her because of her slightly freaky, yet good looking, looks.
    There are better looking models.
  • Options
    sophie dahl! she's great. i preferred her when she was bigger though.
    if i had to have a favorite i'm sure it'd be kate moss.

mia tyler, liv tyler's plus-size model sister is gorgeous too.
  • Options
    well lucky for me I realize that the elephant man not only does not exist, but if he did I'm sure he would have a great personality. Models, I do not have a valid reason why, but they get no respect from me.

well i could have referred to smeogol from lord of the rings, he never really existed but it's the same idea. is it not?
    & the elephant man did exist once upon a time, in the form of joseph merrick. & yes, i am sure he was a lovely chap..

& in answer to the rest of your model-bashing comment.. well. my question was simply if anyone had a favorite. but since you have kindly given your invalid generalisation on the modeling industry. thank you. that's spectacular. each to their own.
  • Options
    mia tyler, liv tyler's plus-size model sister is gorgeous too.

yes, she is very pretty. liv too.

but most models are odd looking. the one in the pictures looks like something out of a sci-fi. they're tall, they're thin and they have good skin, but after that, most of them have nothing. they don't have that spark that makes normal people beautiful.
  • Options
    Re: Models

i can't decide if she's really beautiful or really freakyugly,

The first 2 I defintley would!! :naughty:

But the third pic has freaked me right out........ :crazyeyes
  • Options
    she looks like a doll.

i agree about kate moss though, i know it's cliched but she is very beautiful
  • Options
    in the third pic, she looks like that kid who used to do antique programmes and then had a sex change.
  • Options
    First picture she's okay, but just okay.

Her face looks as though a steam roller went over it, though.