Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO Blnd_BombShell

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A thread is public and might be read by other people in a similar position?
    But yes, you are right, people will only accept help when they are ready for it.
    Blnde_BombShell obviously isn't.
  • Options
    Of course if she does not want our help then she wont take it, but I feel that we should do all we can to offer it.
  • Options
    ok point taken. Maybe i was feelign highly strung when i read her arrogant im invincable comment.
    "nothing will happen to me"

having watched my brother drop to the floor after a line of coke because he couldnt feel his legs anymore i have to say it has an effect on how you view ignorance.

.matt
  • Options
    Indeed, I've seen someone have big internal bleeding in the brain from pills. It makes me annoyed when people talk about pills being 'safe'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by intrigue
    ok point taken. Maybe i was feelign highly strung when i read her arrogant im invincable comment.
    "nothing will happen to me"

Oh yeah, classic junkie arrogance/denial. Big ego, low self-esteem.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    thats why I take the time to try and educate people, thats why I spend my leisure time doing work for a drug education charity. Because its something I believe in. Most harm caused by drug use could be prevented, that makes any harm or death even more depressing.

what charity do you work for out of interest? i totally agree with that statement and would like to find a way to get involved in drug education in my spare time (of which i have plenty as a student).

ps. havent posted hear for a looong time, glad to see the place is still standing........ been over a year since i last posted but i still recognise 99% of you, although no doubt not many of you will remember me! none the less... HELLO!
  • Options
    I remember you. Does it make me sad that I'm still here :p[/random post]
  • Options
    (on topic) The advice that has been given has been from educated and experienced people, there's nothing I could add to it but I'm sure you understand the risks and know what is very likely to happen. What you need to understand is that you have a 50/50 chance of either aknowledging the risks properly, and how much you have fucked yourself up, at some point in the future (and I can tell you, when you do and you have to quit it will be incredibly shitty) or you die.
    At the moment I'm sure you're not ignorant of the risks, I'm guessing you just don't think it can happen to you. I have never even tried skag, but I have friends, family members and parents who have fucked themselves up on it. Many of them sounded exactly like you do now. When/if you ever do quit, it's not pretty and you had better hope everyone's still around you when you hit rock bottom.

Good luck for the future, you're gonna need it.
  • Options
    I hope youre OK blonde bombshell. I know if you dont want to give up then you wont. Just remember that some people get into too deep and then its too late. Ive known some lovely intelligent people die because of this, and some that are still alive but their life is fucked basically. Theyll never have a normal life. I know you do want to go back to having a normal life one day, and youve got to be ready to give up.
    I used to inject speed myself so I know the draw, once you do it like that, it doesnt seem worth doing it other ways and if youre still loving it, then theres no way youre going to give it up, no matter how many people start threads about it.
    I just want you to know I understand and hope you do manage to come out the other side and realise when it is time to stop, and then actually manage to stop, because it is really really hard, once your body decides it needs it.
  • Options
    I'm not ignorant because I know the risks of shooting up. I'm aware that it has killed people and it has fucked up many lives. I'm not going to stop until I'm ready.
    Big ego, low self-esteem.

Please dont assume you know me because you dont. Just because I do speedball doesnt mean my self esteem is low. I have a fine self-esteem so don't attempt to act like I'm one more of your cases because I'm far from that.
  • Options
    I think its hypocritical, how some people who do vast amounts of drugs themselves, then look down on people who do it in a different way to themselves.
    People who hit up, are not some other species. They just have found a different way of doing it. Of course there are increased risks, but im sure blonde bombshell knows what she is doing. At the end of the day, its her life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Please dont assume you know me because you dont. Just because I do speedball doesnt mean my self esteem is low. I have a fine self-esteem so don't attempt to act like I'm one more of your cases because I'm far from that.

Of course I don't know you, I'm wrong for making assumptions. Sorry.
    But I've heard it all before. It gets boring after a while. You'll seek help when ready.
    Meantime, please play safe. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I think its hypocritical, how some people who do vast amounts of drugs themselves, then look down on people who do it in a different way to themselves.
    People who hit up, are not some other species. They just have found a different way of doing it. Of course there are increased risks, but im sure blonde bombshell knows what she is doing. At the end of the day, its her life.

Who's looking down on her? :confused:
  • Options
    Destroy the habit before the habit destroys you.

when you get addicted you're gonna realize how useful the advice has been, my advice, throw the needle away, simple as that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Who's looking down on her? :confused:
    Everyone does. it such a taboo. Ive been there and its the one thing in my life I still cant tell my mum. She knows what I did, but not how I did it. Even friends who did more drugs than I did, thought they were somehow superior because they didnt hit it up,
    thats seen as the lowest of the low.
  • Options
    I don't look down on people who shoot up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I don't look down on people who shoot up.
    I can assure you, youre in a minority then.
  • Options
    I'm certainly not looking down on her, I am genuinely upset by this, well, I've said my piece.

Octopus; Erm to be frank I'd rather not say the charity I work for, it would somewhat lead to me not being as invisable as I want.
    If you want to PM me I could tell you a couple of places who might want student people to help them.
  • Options
    I can assure you, youre in a minority then.

Friends of mine use needles (well, the ones that are still alive) and I work with drug users, so I'm hardly likely to, am I?

But blnd_bombshell does appear to be in denial about the risks of shooting up speedballs - one of the riskiest cocktails to shoot.
  • Options
    Blonde Bombshell, do you realise youre taking a big risk?
    Isnt speedball what killed RIver Phoenix?
  • Options
    I thought it was barbs that did him in, though you might be right.
  • Options
    no it was speedball that killed him. I just looked it up. ANd it killed John Belushi too.

what Erowid says about speedball

Its not something ive ever done, but I do understand what its like to be addicted to something and not be ready to stop.
    I also know how hard it is when you do eventually want to stop but cant.
    I really think that im one of the lucky ones, because I still occasionally see some of the old crowd, and theyve never managed to stop.
  • Options
    I remember Burroughs saying that in his opinion if God had made anything more pleasurable he kept it for himself.

The problem lies with the shorter acting nature of the cocaine, it wears off and you realise you've done too much junk. (or more likely, you dont realise)
  • Options
    but I do understand what its like to be addicted to something and not be ready to stop.

So do I. But saying "Well nothing will ever happen to me" is classic denial.
  • Options
    yeah, I was immortal too.
  • Options
    When you've got a lot of speed in you, you sure feel invincible!
  • Options
    You sure do bong, feel like dancing for hours and hours.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    You sure do bong, feel like dancing for hours and hours.
    yeah, when you first start doing it.
  • Options
    Then you start thinking, hmm, I'm a bit tired this morning, I'll have a little line I think, then it just becomes normal, of course you should have some before you get out of bed....
  • Options
    and cant actually appreciate the buzz, because youre too busy worrying about it ending. When you dont have it, your body has forgotten how to stay awake on its own and you sleep for days.