Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

To cherry pop or not to cherry pop that is the question

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    yup. sorry... :(

Any cases of younger guy / older gal?

Yeah, I was 14 when I lost mine, with my mates 19 year old sister. I always end up with older girls, I've never been with anyone younger than me.
  • Options
    k, thank you! :)
  • Options
    I ignored all my mates and lost it when i was good and ready. I know it sounds cheesy but you know when the moment comes when you're happy to part with it. I spent ages fending off a long term bf because he kept badgering me and finally ended up losing it to a holiday fling who was a really nice bloke. Don't ask me why i did it this way, i can't explain but it felt right. I was 18. The actual act itself did leave me wondering what all the fuss was about and whether it would actually improve. Thank god it has :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    The actual act itself did leave me wondering what all the fuss was about

same! i felt really cheated cos i felt like everyone had made it out to be amazing + it wasn't at all. much better now tho! :yes:
  • Options
    I think it was more to do with the majority of my friends had been making such a big deal of "losing it" and finally initialising themselves into the "adult" world (they were only about 14/15) that i really did sort of sit there and think christ my mates are sad gits. They gave me such jip for it and then finally admitted that they were faintly envious and quite proud that i'd done my own thing.

Although yes the sex itself was very disappointing. Although to give him his due he had been out all night on the beer and seemed even more shit scared than me (i seem to have this affect on nice men) ;)
  • Options
    Well I think it's time to meet some femmmes de la nuit. 20 bucks ought to win me a night of some fun :D :cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    Well I think it's time to meet some femmmes de la nuit. 20 bucks ought to win me a night of some fun :D :cool:

Yeah or a trip to the gum clinic ;)
  • Options
    i lost my "v-plates" - horrible phrase really - with my exboyfriend. it was terrible - i wasn't expecting it to be amazing as it was my first time.

We'd been down the gym and had a swim and been in the jacuzzi, and then when we went back to his he kinda forced me into it in a sense...we had been heavy petting for a while (more than two months of foreplay etc) and had talked about sex, i was on the pill, but that specific moment to me didn't seem right, i wanted to, but not at that time - it just didnt feel right.

We didnt know what time his parents would be back so we were constantly listening out for their car etc. He wasnt very interested in turning me on like he had before, he was more interested in the act itself...it was crap basically, he didnt last very long (he wasnt a virgin he'd been with other girls before) i didnt feel very much, it didnt hurt at all and id honestly have had more fun watching paint dry.

Yes he was older than me hes 20 im 18 soon.

Im wanting to forget about the whole thing and meet someone new who i can experiment with lol, but i have the patience to wait and meet someone more decent to me than my ex was!

its rather difficuilt though - my ex works at the same place as me...which is rather arkward to say the least.
  • Options
    Originally posted by nmrmak
    yup. sorry... :(

Any cases of younger guy / older gal?

Ya! I lost mine a year and 3 months and 2 days ago (oh, how sad I am) to my boyfriend who was 11 months younger than me (2 years below me at school). I was 17, he was 16. It was lovely because we were in love and it was both our first times, but extremely painful and I had many thoughts of 'Is this what all the fuss is about??' It was a wonderful experience though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dave_oliver
    Yeah, I was 14 when I lost mine, with my mates 19 year old sister. I always end up with older girls, I've never been with anyone younger than me.

thats kinda sick :eek2:
  • Options
    I lost my virginity about 3 nights ago - I'm 17 and he's 21. It was perfect - he knew I was a virgin and that I was really proud of it, so he was really gentle and slow and I felt really taken care of. He's a bit of a punk and often laughs at my taste in music, but he made sure the atmosphere was comfortable and romantic for me - he lit tons of candles in my room and put on some soft jazz (which I love), and we were just lying on the bed together chatting, and then we started fooling around and one thing led to another.... He asked me if I was ok about 3 times, so I really felt that I was taken care of and it wasn't just a case of 'I really want to screw you so can we just get on with it please'. It wasn't mind-blowing but I didn't feel like it needed to be - we're nuts about each other and that was the most important thing. Plus we've done it again several times since and every time it's got better!!
  • Options
    Yeah I did something similar to that for my girlfriend... I had the shittest first time when i was 15 so decided that I wasnt gonna let that happen to her.. We had been going out for like 4 months when i first asked her about it and she said she wanted to wait, which was cool so we waited for a couple more months.. Basically the perfect opportunity arrived, my parents went away for a weekend, so i cooked us a nice meal etc, watched a video, then disappeared upstairs. I lit over 50 candles, (cost soooooo much), and then she came up.. That was over a year and a half ago, and now we're going to paris tomorrow morning before I leave and go to uni, so it's all a bit sad becos im never gonna see her much again, but then Its been the best two years of my life!
    Hope that was interesting!
  • Options
    19 and thoroughly virginal. I'm not sure about how ready I am still, but I'm not in a relationship at the moment either. If/when at uni I get a serious b/f it may be a different story, but I'm not about to go out and have a one night stand because I'm gagging for it.

PM for more detailed reasoning.
  • Options
    Think I'm too old to answer :( Shame, because I have an interesting story to tell.... :p
  • Options
    i'm 18 and still a virgin. doesn't bother me really. could have "lost it" with my ex-bf who was a lot more experienced than me but i wasn't ready. he never pressured me at all and once i had said no we didn't discuss it again as i knew he was waiting for me to make the decision. now i feel more comfortable in myself and even though i'm not currently in a relationship i do feel ready if that makes sense!

X
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    Think I'm too old to answer :( Shame, because I have an interesting story to tell.... :p

You could tell it anyway you know...
  • Options
    i was 14 and so was my bf at the time. does sound quite young, but not ashamed at all, it wasn't romantic, wasn't pressured, I think it was a sort of spur of the moment thing, where we were at a mates house the night before and we slept naked together, next morning got back to mine and we kind of just went for it.

after that one though had a bad encounter with a guy on holiday, after a while of learning to trust guys again met another ex of mine, that was different sort of sex but great sex! and now with my current boyfriend of 5 months nearly (love him to bits) and he's a virgin, which was a drastic change, but im no way ever gonna pressure him into doing anything he doesn't want to, his mates are saying he's just really shy and i should go for it but from reading all the posts, im just gonna wait until he suggests it then we'll go for it!
    im feeling more nervous about taking his virginty then i did when i lost mine.
    xAx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You could tell it anyway you know...

Thought you'd never ask :D:p

At this moment in time, I'm an ancient (:eek2: ) 22 years old, although i was 15 at the time I lost my virginity (6 years ago, ooo, that makes me feel old.. :D ) .
    Anyway. It was with my boyfriend at the time, who I had been with for three years, albeit on and off. We'd been sexually active for about 18 months before that, we just hadn't had penetrative sex up til then. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life. We did it again a few months later, but it was still the same, which pretty much put me off having sex for about 3 1/2 years after that. I split up with the first boyfriend (for reasons other than sex), and I didn't have sex with the next boyfriend, who I was with for 2 1/2 years... he didn't put any pressure on me... like with the first boyfriend, we were sexually active, I just drew the line at penetrative sex. We split up for many reasons, one being the fact that I refused to entertain the idea of penetrative sex and wouldn't really talk about it with him. I met someone else later that year. He had sexual experience which the other two boyfriends didn't, and inspired confidence which the other two boyfriends couldn't. He worked with me to combat my fear of the pain of sex and I finally overcame it. So, in a way, I consider myself to have lost my virginity twice. The first time was totally fullfilling emotionally, and I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to share that with. However, the second time was fulfilling in a mental and physical way... strangely bizzare in that the third relationship didn't last that long, and the bloke in question is now my fuck buddy... it seems the only thing we have left is a sexual connection...

Bet you're sorry you got me started now, aren't you?! :p
  • Options
    i know this is down the bottom of the page now but i wanted to answer :p

i'm 18, and lost my virginity about 3 weeks ago. at the time i thort it was the right thing, it just happened really. he knew i was a virgin so he was really gentle and kept asking me if i was ok. he's much more experienced and a year older and im glad he knew wat he was doing.
    i wish now i hadnt done it in a way, but then im also glad i did as its out of the way so to speak, and i did like him and it didnt hurt etc etc.
    i always thought i'd be scared and in the past i had been, as i'd had 2 previous occasions with 2 differnt people where i'd backed out at the last moment. but with this guy i didnt. and if he hadnt now been a complete tosser i wouldnt regret it at all
  • Options
    :( well...im 17 and a virgin..im not ashamed just sad about it really...i feel ready to experience the joys of sex...but theres only 1 problem i cant seem to find myself an understanding boyfriend!!
    :naughty: im gaggin so come n get me boys lol
    xx
    Laura
  • Options
    I'm 20 and still a virgin (odd because people tend to think us Pagan types are sex-mad). I guess it's partly spiritual and partly just me.

I'm not uncomfortable with my body, I just haven't really settled down a great deal on the front of relationships. In fact they rarely cross my mind as I'm forever looking forward to doing things I like to with friends. I don't wish to lose my emotional independence either.

Spiritually... Sexuality is sacred, which means I'd like to keep sex spiritual... Y'know, a connection if the right person ever comes along.

But it takes a lot to keep my interest.
  • Options
    i lost my virginity when i was 17 to my best friend who was 16... and to be honest.. it wasn't the best experience

i was completely in love with him and he wasn't in love with me.. he was a virgin too.. but he just slept with me to have sex.. and he reckoneed that seeing i was his best friend it was almost as good as someone yhou loved.. and he didn't cuddle with me afterwards....

so that was the negative part to the emotional side to it...

this is the negative to the physical side... he was wayyyyy too big... 10 inches... and this was my first time.. and i could feel him in my stomach.. let me tell you.. it was not pleasurable.. at all
    secondly.... he didn't last long enough for it to eventually become pleasurable.. aka.... a minute and half....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Angel121077
    ... 10 inches...

*cough*bullshit*cough*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    *cough*bullshit*cough*

actually no it's not because he's a big guy... it's proportionate to his body.
  • Options

:lol:
  • Options

LIES!!!!
  • Options
    Bless, he probably just said he was ten inches.

.<
    is ten inches for a lot of men
    >.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Bless, he probably just said he was ten inches.

.<

is ten inches for a lot of men
    >.

*sigh*

we measured it's almost 9 and 3/4

but keep in mind.. he's 6'2 and 213 pounds

it's proportionate to him
  • Options
    Lost mine when I was 19 (a month or so ago ;) )

It was somewhat planned though. My bf (who;s 6 years older than me) lives a couple of hundred miles away so we planned to stay in a hotel for a few nights and see the sights of the city we were at. He knew I was a virgin and how important it was that my first time was enjoyable so he didn't pressurise me at all and was quite willing not to if I changed my mind.
    But in the end it was me more keen than him hehe.

First time was quite nice, not as enjoyable as times after that but still somehow made me want to try it again ;) Lot less pain than I expected at least :)

Wasn't a conscious decision at all to wait until now, I was just waiting for someone who I wanted it to be with and that was him :)