Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

McDonalds And First Days In The Workplace

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sorry should have said tesco tills in Pitsea, Basildon on christmas eve
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Really?

T'missus says she didn't mind being a tesco till monkey, because it was brainless.

:o

Shhh you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    And give their change to them in their hand if their hand is held out, very rude of some people to pop it on the counter when it's obvious the customer expects it in their hand.

Customers chuck their money at me ALL the time on the counter, it's like WTF! I am not your lapdancer, HAND me the £3.99, rather than fling it about the joint hoping it lands SOEMWHERE near me. Rude cunts. Then they hand you notes that are folded about 20 times. Then they complain about the queue, and by the time they come to be served, THEY HAVE TO LOOK OUT MONEY!

Then you get these wee old bastard women with sticks, and they ask -

"Where's ladieswear?"
    "First floor."
    "Where am I just now?"
    "Ground."
    "Och, I'm not going all the way upstairs."
    "Right then."

Then it's like, WTF you managed to walk all the way to the bustop to get into town, walk to this shop, WALK IN and WALK BACK OUT! Don't fuggin' BITCH, you BIATCH! >:| RAH.
  • Options
    for those under 18 mcdonalds is one of the best places for pay around

though the stress:pay [ratio] sometimes isnt the best

i spent 2 and a bit years working there, there were bad times and good times, was my first job, wasnt on too bad a pay rate

but one thing that annoys me is the rumours and talk that goes on about mcdonalds that isnt true, people whine and cry about all this stuff and give you grief, yet they still eat there

unless you get exceptionally bad bad bad service, dont complain about "your friends" bad experiences with mcdonalds unless you have worked there
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Customers chuck their money at me ALL the time on the counter, it's like WTF! I am not your lapdancer, HAND me the £3.99, rather than fling it about the joint hoping it lands SOEMWHERE near me. Rude cunts. Then they hand you notes that are folded about 20 times. Then they complain about the queue, and by the time they come to be served, THEY HAVE TO LOOK OUT MONEY!

:yes:

Or the opposite, people who just wave their money in your face before you've even had time to look at what they're trying to buy. Or people that walk up to the till and say 'how much is it?' and expect you to be able to reel off the amount just like that, again before you've even looked at what they're trying to buy.

And all the old men that flirt with you and stand too close, staring and grinning at you. Ick ick ick.

This is turning into a whole other rant. :(

ETA: And the people who, if you're low on change and ask if they have the twenty-three pence or whatever, just stare at you like you asked to kill their firstborn and say no without even checking. Well fine, be a tit and have all your change in five pence pieces! :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    :yes:

Or the opposite, people who just wave their money in your face before you've even had time to look at what they're trying to buy. Or people that walk up to the till and say 'how much is it?' and expect you to be able to reel off the amount just like that, again before you've even looked at what they're trying to buy.

And all the old men that flirt with you and stand too close, staring and grinning at you. Ick ick ick.

This is turning into a whole other rant. :(

I always get people stopping me when I'm doing some shopping after work. It must be obvious I'm not on my shift 'cause I've got a bag and stuff! They're like "where can I find beans?" and asking me questions that I haven't got the foggiest about! Like do we sell computery things. They seem to think that we're all able to work on every single department. That really pisses me off.

Oh, and when i'm weighing their banana's (or something) and I'll of noticed the reduced sticker saying for example reduced to 20p per kg. They'll come up at say 31p and they'll be like "it says they're 20p on the sticker". So I'll say "no, that's per kg". :mad:

While I'm on a roll, it annoys me when they don't read shelf edge labels properly. Like we had a sale on duvet covers and the likes. This lady picked one up which didn't have the sale sticker on and the signs were clearly labelled 'selected lines only - see stickers' (or something). So I went back and checked and they weren't on sale. I was really cross and said "The signs clearly say selected item only and these are clearly labelled as being full price".

I'll stop now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I always get people stopping me when I'm doing some shopping after work. It must be obvious I'm not on my shift 'cause I've got a bag and stuff! They're like "where can I find beans?" and asking me questions that I haven't got the foggiest about! Like do we sell computery things. They seem to think that we're all able to work on every single department. That really pisses me off.

Yes. If ever I go to see someone on another department after work, there'll always be at least one person who'll ask me a question. Or if I'm going to get something from the shop floor. It's only slightly obvious I don't work on the shop floor, having 'Morrisons Cafe' emblazoned across my hat and apron in bright green. :|

That said, I do think all staff should have some kind of training as to where things are vaguely. I have absolutely no idea where most things are on the shop floor.

Oh, and when i'm weighing their banana's (or something) and I'll of noticed the reduced sticker saying for example reduced to 20p per kg. They'll come up at say 31p and they'll be like "it says they're 20p on the sticker". So I'll say "no, that's per kg". :mad:

We have that too. We sell sandwiches, and we had stickers on the packaging saying 'Buy a side portion of chips for only 65p!' or something similar. So many people came to the till and tried to tell me that the sandwich they had was reduced to 65p. :|

I noticed recently they changed the sticker so it no longer has a price on. *nod*
  • Options
    Our cafe is closed at the moment due to refurbishment. Well, the company before made a loss instead of a profit so new contractors are coming in.

Means the cafe people are pinching all the checkouts overtime. :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Our cafe is closed at the moment due to refurbishment. Well, the company before made a loss instead of a profit so new contractors are coming in.

Means the cafe people are pinching all the checkouts overtime. :mad:

Must be something about Tesco cafés, I swear the same happened to the one in Gainsborough. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil Laura
    Must be something about Tesco cafés, I swear the same happened to the one in Gainsborough. :p

Heh, perhaps!

We're apparantly getting the same contractors that do the canteen food at the steel works. :eek2:

Thing is I can't see they need to refurbish it. It's taking near enough a month and my god, the noise. :(
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    What pisses me off these days about Tesco is that people on the tills keep telling me that they can't do things with the till that I know they can. I worked on them for 2 years ffs, I know you can do that. And then they find out that they can, and they're like 'oh.'

such as?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Such as using several different cards or different methods of payment to pay for the transaction. Or being able to give cashback by rounding the total up to a higher figure and giving me the difference. Or even something as simple as processing vouchers/stamps. Or putting something through by its department if they don't have the barcode.

Maybe they don't train people properly any more.

I can remember a while after I first started a lady asked me to make her total upto such and such amount with cashback. I hadn't been taught how to do this and she was like "you shouldn't be working here. :\". It's not my fault I wasn't taught it!

I've only ever had to use 2 payment cards a couple of times. I wasn't taught that either. However it's pretty simple.