Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Marriige is it really worth it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Some marraiges work and others dont, some are clear mistakes and others are an excellent idea. Thats not really marraiges fault, its the fault of the people who go into it for the wrong reasons.

In terms of day-to-day life me being married doesnt make a huge amount of difference, but it was a good way of getting nice presents and a holiday so its working out quite well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    To me, marriage is like the ultimate compliment.

Obviously it's about so much more than that, but the fact that someone would be willing to commit to spend the rest of their life to being with me, that's just so unbelievably hard to get my head around.

At the mo, I'm well insecure about women and stuff, so I suppose marriage would mean a lot more to me than a bit of paper.

Och, I know what I mean.

But surely the other person has to see it like that aswell otherwise it doesnt work. I can't explain what i am trying to say.

Anyway we are gonna get married one day!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    Can someone make you marry them?? (ive asked a few friends about this and of course they say no, you can't make someone marry you) But I'm still worried that it is possible. What if the person has your parents consent and everything? and you've told the person NO, time and time again, can they force you to marry them? Sorry this is a lame question but I just need a bit of reassurance that there's no way it's possible. :(
    It could just be a load of bullshit, but I remember reading that in one of your states (or in a specific city?) there's a law that if person A calls person B his/her wife/husband 3 times in one day, then they are legally married...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    It could just be a load of bullshit, but I remember reading that in one of your states (or in a specific city?) there's a law that if person A calls person B his/her wife/husband 3 times in one day, then they are legally married...

we have such thing as a common law marraige,that if you have lived with the person for over a year(i think)and present them as your husband/wife,calling them that when you introduce them to people,then it is a common law marraige,but not legalized
  • Options
    If I ever were to get married I'd keep my own name. I don't believe in being subservient.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    If I ever were to get married I'd keep my own name. I don't believe in being subservient.

What the fuck?

Please, someone, anyone, explain that to me.
  • Options
    You cannot be forced into a marriage, and strong coercion (a shotgun wedding) is sufficient grounds for annulment.

Also, trivia fans, a marriage can be annulled if you never have sex.

BUt anyway.

The big deal about marriage is that you love someone enough to want to commit to them for the rest of your life. WE both come from families with histories of long marriages- in fact, if we get married in April like we aim to it'll be the same month as GWST's parents' 25th anniversary and her grandparents' 50th anniversary.

When you love someone you can see the big deal with marriage, I think, more often than not.