Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fucking courts...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I've mentioned no names so it doesn't matter what she thinks. I just purely described her situation..

And no she isn't lying, well from what I saw.. I don't think so.

She knows who she is and if you did that to me I wouldn't be too happy even if you didn't "mention any names" and this may be irrelevant but you talked in another thread about the picture of self harm being too graphic, well I find your explanation of her ordeal 'too graphic'
  • Options
    Then if you do find it to graphic I appologise
  • Options
    Apology accepted. But try and think next time before you do something like that...
  • Options
    well it was an angry rant as looking at the title of the thread clearly shows IMO.
    so yes it will all ...i just fancy going to the pub ...to bloody late now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well it was an angry rant as looking at the title of the thread clearly shows IMO.
    so yes it will all ...i just fancy going to the pub ...to bloody late now.

You know, even as a youngish kind of guy, there's something deeply satisfying about sitting in an arm-chair with the lights off near the open coal-fire while watching a bit of late night TV. Crime programs like Touch of frost work well. Do you have a coal fire?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    You know, even as a youngish kind of guy, there's something deeply satisfying about sitting in an arm-chair with the lights off near the open coal-fire while watching a bit of late night TV. Crime programs like Touch of frost work well. Do you have a coal fire?
    i have a wood burning stove and some beer ...and some more!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity

Even I enjoy that and I am younger than you, touch of frost is a classic though :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Even I enjoy that and I am younger than you, touch of frost is a classic though :thumb:
    gets even better ...you get to smoke a big fuck off pipe ...and then dreamily tell your grand children tales of the wild west ...gorton ...
  • Options
    Cool.. no pipe for me though..
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    It changes when there's a knife held to your throat.

Well yes that makes a difference. But if there wasn't...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    you cant say what you would do in that situation.
    If you feared for your life, most people would just do what they had to do to get out alive, as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    you cant say what you would do in that situation.
    If you feared for your life, most people would just do what they had to do to get out alive, as quickly as possible.

Maybe.
  • Options
    You can't blame the courts anyway, like someone else has said if there was enough evidence they presumably would've found him guilty. Who's to say she isn't lying; it's her word against his. Yes, she has bruises but they could be from anything.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    You can't blame the courts anyway, like someone else has said if there was enough evidence they presumably would've found him guilty. Who's to say she isn't lying; it's her word against his. Yes, she has bruises but they could be from anything.

Because friends try to help one another & don't go round acusing thier mates of lying.
  • Options
    I'd be soooo pissed off if it happened to me and then someone wrote about it on a public internet message board. Names or no names.
  • Options
    Because friends try to help one another & don't go round acusing thier mates of lying.

Yes I know, and if it were my friend I'd be extremely annoyed too. However, the person was found not guilty. I'm not saying he didn't do wrong, but sometimes people lie.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I'd be soooo pissed off if it happened to me and then someone wrote about it on a public internet message board. Names or no names.

I think I'd be the same tbh.
  • Options
    Yes I know, and if it were my friend I'd be extremely annoyed too. However, the person was found not guilty. I'm not saying he didn't do wrong, but sometimes people lie.

Yes they do, but hes not gonna go tell her shes lying is he?!
  • Options
    Yes they do, but hes not gonna go tell her shes lying is he?!

Well no, he's not. That wouldn't be very nice of him!

But, from the point of view of the people at the court, she could've been lying.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    But, from the point of view of the people at the court, she could've been lying.

very true. there was not enough evidence to convict therefore it is a distinct possibility that the girl was lying (in the eyes of the court)
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

me too :yes: i would want to just forget about it and it isnt really anyone else's business imo. its up to the girl if she wants to tell people or not.
  • Options

You can laugh
    Its kind of funny
    Things you think
    Times like these
    Like I haven't seen BARBADOS so I must get out of this.

This shouldn't even be on a fucking public message board- if Hellfire had even the slightest concern for anyone but himself this thread would not be here.

Hunting for sympathy off the back of someone else's misfortune- it's fucking despicable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You can laugh
    Its kind of funny
    Things you think
    Times like these

This shouldn't even be on a fucking public message board- if Hellfire had even the slightest concern for anyone but himself this thread would not be here.

Hunting for sympathy off the back of someone else's misfortune- it's fucking despicable.

i think i have to say that i somewhat if not fully agree :thumb:
  • Options
    You can laugh
    Its kind of funny
    Things you think
    Times like these

huh?
  • Options
    huh?

Tori Amos - Me and a Gun.

Download it.
  • Options
    Tori Amos - Me and a Gun.

Download it.
    Ah i see.
  • Options
    let me tell you a story.

i have an insane relative. she has accused three men of raping her. like gone to the police and insisted that they press charges. two couldn't possibly have done it, cause they have numerous alibis for the time when it was supposed to have happened. (damn good alibis too - one was in school and is on the register, one was at work, and you can see him on the CCTV). one did have sex with her, and by all accounts it was pretty rough, but he claims that she came on to him (very possible) and that, yes, you are going to be a little bit bruised when you're shagging drunk down an alleyway (fair point). she changed her story so many times about the third one that the police dropped the case. she later admitted she'd made it up (for which i personally think she should be charged, but anyway).

for every amount of genuine rape cases, there will be a mentalist like her. it might be 1 in 10, it might be 1 in a million. but while the chance is there, we can't go locking up innocent men just cause they've been accused. there needs to be proof, and if there's not enough evidence, there's not enough evidence. it's the same with all crimes. it's harsh sometimes, but that's the way it goes.
  • Options
    I understand kaffrin, but it's hard:(
  • Options
    life's hard.

they should issue a warning for this at birth.
  • Options
    Kaffrin, anyone whom I might have offended, I am sorry if I seem out of order or acting badly it's just this person means alot to me and I believe her, I know he did it, she's an up standing girl, would never lie, but. well I am sorry...