Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Longish gelled down hair thing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Iv liked the idea for ages now and really want it done. Its a shame that a lot of work places dont agree with them. Its only a bit of metal on my face whats the big deal?

Evertyone has been so helpful in this thread, thank you all :D

Its true though miss freak, if things dont turn out as id hoped i can just take it out and let it close up.
  • Options
    most work places will probably argue on health+safety grounds. Also someone with a faceful of piercings is not generally considered as approciable(spelling??) as someone without. Also you may need to look smart for work+piercings dont tend to give the impression of (except maybe one in each ear lobe on females) .
    Think it depends a lot on the impression the company is trying to portray. Eg Shops like Quicksilver, O'Neill etc tend to allow them whereas office work does not tend to allow.
    Where were you thinking of working?
  • Options
    Im thinking of working in an office of a company called uniserve, a distribution and shipping company.

I spoke to this guy today, i see him randomly walking through my local shopping centre and asked him about his lip piercing. Hes had his for 2 years and when he got it done he took it out after 2 days to put a retainer in and hes had no problems, it looks so cool. I know he took a massive risk but is this 6 - 8 week thing just a precaution?
  • Options
    No, its not. After 2 days the piercing is still "fresh" and so very very open to infection and other yucky AND painful stuff happening to it. You gotta watch the material the retainer is made of too.

Seriously dude, try and leave the starter jewellery in for as long as you can. If you go for a bar, switch the silver ball for a clear one...that will help a bit :)
  • Options
    wait a sec, are you going for *punk* style or do you actually want to be a punk? i'm really confused if this is an apperance issue or if you actually want to go for it.... i also wrote something about lip piercing a while ago but on a different page. i forgot to menton something. when i got mine done i started drooling (only in my sleep tho:). it totally sucked cause i couldn't close my mouth all the way. has this ever happened to ne one else or am i just really weird?
  • Options
    Originally posted by wickedXmad
    wait a sec, are you going for *punk* style or do you actually want to be a punk? i'm really confused if this is an apperance issue or if you actually want to go for it.... i also wrote something about lip piercing a while ago but on a different page. i forgot to menton something. when i got mine done i started drooling (only in my sleep tho:). it totally sucked cause i couldn't close my mouth all the way. has this ever happened to ne one else or am i just really weird?

I actually want to be a punk, for years and years i never knew who i truely was and went through many different styles of dressing and music tastes and tried absolutely everything but was never happy. Now i know what i want to be and i feel really happy the way i am now.

Im just gonna wait for my lip to be done :(. I gotta leave it in for at least 6 weeks and my current job wont allow it so i will wait.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    I actually want to be a punk, for years and years i never knew who i truely was and went through many different styles of dressing and music tastes and tried absolutely everything but was never happy. Now i know what i want to be and i feel really happy the way i am now.

Im just gonna wait for my lip to be done :(. I gotta leave it in for at least 6 weeks and my current job wont allow it so i will wait.

*this is where some hardcore punk would say something really rude but i'm not going to :)* so, the whole lip thing is understanable. i think a really good place to start out if you want to be inspired by the *punk fairy* would be music. maybe wait a while for the appearance deal. one of my fave bands is *against me!* they totally rock my socks. so maybe start to widen your hirizons in the music area first........ and just to let you know (i'm not saying that you care too much) but blink 182 isn't really punk. i would consider them to be pop.... also, don't put gell in your hair. instead you can lower the # of showers you take to maybe 1 a week and all the natural grease will make your hair look really awesome. if you want it to be like that faster tho then you can get this really kool beeswax stuff. it's natural and smells yummy too :)
  • Options
    plz dont say hes gona have a write a list of bands he likes+considers to be 'punk' so that his list can be approved by others.

I like quite a few band who would have 'punk' within their genre title but i don't listen to all the old 'proper punk' stuff from the 70s.Guess the nearest I get is the Distillers or NOFX. Personally im happiest listening to the likes of AFI...ah how i love those guys:D

Why do u feel u should dress to fit ur music? (okay i cant really talk!) I dress kinda greebo-thou not like i did a few years back.dont ever wear a chain anymore,only wear a hoodie when slopping round house+rarely wear my spikes+dog collar(i love it, but its js not practical-espesh as has curved spikes).
    Also i wouldnt limit urself to just listening to punk, surprise people with a deverse taste-dont like people who decide everything about u by js looking at u.Though of course if u dont like other stuff js stick2the punk. I would recommend a trace remix of fugees ready or not, sooo gd but perhaps a lil long.

sorry, il shutup rambling now
  • Options
    I do listen to loads of punk, metal, rock, nu-metal and even some other random genres but im not gonna write a list of them. And im sorry but i cant go 2 days without a shower so im not gonna last a week.

So basically i have to be dirty and listen to ALL punk music to be one now? Am i not allowed to dress how i feel happy and look how i feel happy? I dont feel i should dress to my music taste but i think dressing all punky makes me feel so comfortable and it suits me a lot so im gonna stick with it.

I still dont understand the whole shower thing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    I do listen to loads of punk, metal, rock, nu-metal and even some other random genres but im not gonna write a list of them. And im sorry but i cant go 2 days without a shower so im not gonna last a week.

So basically i have to be dirty and listen to ALL punk music to be one now? Am i not allowed to dress how i feel happy and look how i feel happy? I dont feel i should dress to my music taste but i think dressing all punky makes me feel so comfortable and it suits me a lot so im gonna stick with it.

I still dont understand the whole shower thing...

i think they might of got the wrong idea and thought ur on this mission thing to try to be a punk.
    if u like the hair do it, if u like the piercing do it, doesnt mean u have to listen to certain music or anything....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i think they might of got the wrong idea and thought ur on this mission thing to try to be a punk.
    if u like the hair do it, if u like the piercing do it, doesnt mean u have to listen to certain music or anything....

Thanks i just think that if i want to do something then i should be allowed without bad critsism, contructive critisism then yeh but not bad. Im happy the way im going so im gonna stick with it.
  • Options
    woah woah woah! i never said i was punk! i never said i thought he should be a certain way! i'm not really sure why all you guys are saying stuff like this! he was the one who said he though being punk would be cool. i was just trying to be helpfull! i'm really sorry if you guys thought i was tryin to make him into a clone or whatever you are all talking about.
  • Options
    No no no i didnt say i thought it was cool its just how i wanna be, i feel like its me.

Ok i sence another misunderstanding here, everyone is entitled to their opinion after all.
  • Options
    let every1 be hapi+dance round the campfire - solves everything :D