Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why UKIP have got it wrong

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably because Blair is just a bit of an idiot at times. I do however believe that Blair does have the country's best interests at heart.
    Bush only has the interests of himself and his corporate sponsors at heart.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    They're all in the Michael Moore books, which are on paper so I can't link them.
    Sorry a typo, he didn't remove minimum wage (except in texas) however he won't increase it. $5 isn't a lot of money, about £3.75 in real money.

Michael moore talks a lot of crap sometimes. £3.75 goes a lot further in the US than it does over here, stuff is so cheap over there and the cost of living is so low that its probably equivalent if not superior to our minimum wage.
  • Options
    Maybe you're right, but for half the population to be on minimum wage is quite appalling imho.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Probably because Blair is just a bit of an idiot at times. I do however believe that Blair does have the country's best interests at heart.
    Bush only has the interests of himself and his corporate sponsors at heart.

Blair looks after the country?

Ecclestone.
    Hinduja.
    PFI.

Corruption influencing Government policy goes right to teh door of Number 10.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    I met him once and he seems a great person, it's a shame we don't have a decent UK equivalant to highlight the stuff Blair is doing.

Mark Thomas?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Mark Thomas?

Michael Moore! duh.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    Michael Moore! duh.

I meant Mark Thomas as the UK equvalent of Michael Moore...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I meant Mark Thomas as the UK equvalent of Michael Moore...

Ohh sorry.

Maybe I'm just ignorant but I don' think I have heard of him so he can't be doing very well...
  • Options
    Mark Thomas Comedy Product. He used to do a show on Channel 4 a few years ago. Started off good, got a bit too "worthy" IMO and he lost the humour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Mark Thomas Comedy Product. He used to do a show on Channel 4 a few years ago. Started off good, got a bit too "worthy" IMO and he lost the humour.

I think that there is a website somewhere too...

But he did some classic stunts, like the balloon ride over the radar station and the work he did advertising the amount of CofE investment in arms companies were pretty good...