Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i think i might be pregnant but i don't want to worry nick if i am not. i am scared to get a pregnancy test as i will find out the results. i am showing lots of signs of it,gaining weight,i look it,breasts are real tender,eating a lot of foods,cravings for them and disgust for them,frequent urination,and plus just the feeling like something is growing inside of me. you know how sometimes you just get that instinct when something different is happening in your body?well that is the way that i feel.i get pains sometimes and if i move then they normally go away,i usually get those if i curl up,smushing my stomach.i have researched it on the internet and it says that during your first few weeks the uterus is about 4 inches below your belly button.i measured and that is exactly where my stomach is starting to pooch out. i guess this was just kind of to vent,i needed it bad,in a few weeks if i still feel this way then i will definatly buy a pregnancy test but i don't want to right now.and i am on the bc shot so no way to tell if i have a missed period or not,as i don't have any.any comments would be greatly appreciated.and before anyone posts it,i know about stds and i don't have any neither does nick,just been tested a few weeks back.so we are good in that area!;)

Comments

• Options
    Hey hun, havent talked to ya in a while but definetly go get a pregnancy test asap. what if you arent pregnant.....and what if you are..... go get one to be sure. The first 18 days of your pregnancy is when the heart muscle starts to pulsate, its not a steady beat but the heart muscles are still contracting. then around the 20th day, thats when the central nervous system is forming. and on the 25th day is when the length of the baby is a 10th of an inch. Just fyi and please go get a preg. test ASAP!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Re: pregnant
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    i have researched it on the internet and it says that during your first few weeks the uterus is about 4 inches below your belly button.

Not quite, your uterus is still in your pelvis until you're about 12 weeks. Why don't you just get a test done and find out for sure? Better to know, right?
  • Options
    My girlfriend is expecting a baby boy on November 6th!
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    First of all.....*hugs*

You should really get a pregnancy test, just to stop worrying about if you are or you aren't. I had a scare once with my bf and I convinced myself I was pregnant when I actually wasn't, so you never know. Go and get a test ASAP and tell your fiance cos there's no point going through this on your own.

*hugs again*
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    I'd recommened getting a test ASAP. If your nervous about going to buy one then dont be. Im sure they dont take any notice of people buying them.
    If your on the pill stop taking it until you know, it can do a lot of harm if your pregnant. ( i think )
    Why wait a few weeks and worry about it? Just find out now, then you can tell your boyfriend and decide what to do about it together.

i am not on the pill,i am on the shot which lasts for three months,so can't stop taking it
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    If your on the pill stop taking it until you know, it can do a lot of harm if your pregnant. ( i think )

That's not true, the pill shouldn't affect the baby - all that the pill is is synthetic forms of the hormones that the body produces when pregnant to suppress ovulation etc. It says on the information leaflet that provided you stop taking it as soon as you know that you are pregnant, it should be fine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    That's not true, the pill shouldn't affect the baby - all that the pill is is synthetic forms of the hormones that the body produces when pregnant to suppress ovulation etc. It says on the information leaflet that provided you stop taking it as soon as you know that you are pregnant, it should be fine.

yeah but what about the shot?does it affect the baby?there is no way i can stop doing that until my next appt. which is in sept.they do a pregnancy test when you go in there,but i figure if i wait that long then i will deffinatly know if i am by then.so gotta worry about it now,you know
  • Options
    maybe go to the docs and have a pregnancy test done. then you can find out for sure and put your mind at ease. and if you are pregnant then you can ask them right there about the effects of the shot. if you tell them what you are coming in for i'm sure you will be able to get an appt in the very near future.
  • Options
    The longer you wait, the less options you have if you are pregnant. Take responsibility & do a test!
  • Options
    i am going to go try to get one tomorrow or sometime this week,whenever i can,i will keep updating you to let you know what is up with it!if i am pregnant i would be happy,and if i am not i will be a little dissapointed but happy too,since we are not really financially ready and stuff you know,but if i am,we can deal with it.
  • Options
    Good luck with the test xx :)
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    I suppose you can't even tell from your periods what's going because doesnt the jab basically make them all a bit jumbled up?

Hope you sort everything out at the docs okay :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    I suppose you can't even tell from your periods what's going because doesnt the jab basically make them all a bit jumbled up?

Hope you sort everything out at the docs okay :)

i don't have periods because of it,so no way to tell at all
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya *ash*n*nick*,
    I know you don't really want to but the only way to find out is have a pregnancy test.

I've looked at your profile and it says you're in Texas so it's hard for us to offer info about the people/organisations you can turn to for help and advice but a really good place for you to start would be Planned Parenthood, many answers to your questions and their contact details can be found in their FAQ.

Please contact them or go and see your health care provider to be sure.

Hope this helps.
    CB
  • Options
    I dreamt i was pregnant last night :\
  • Options
    my pal dreamt she was raped by a horse and was pregnant with horse babies. :crazyeyes

totally irrevelant. but. imagine! absolutely terrible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    my pal dreamt she was raped by a horse and was pregnant with horse babies. :crazyeyes

totally irrevelant. but. imagine! absolutely terrible.

Atleast i only dreamt about having a real baby! :crazyeyes :lol:
  • Options
    if youre on depo provera, youre probably not pregnant. your symptoms might just be side effects, as that jab has plenty of weird side effects including breast tenderness, weight gain etc.
    If youre really worried then it really wont harm to get a test, whats a few quid if its going to put your mind at rest.
  • Options
    that is why i wanted to wait a little while longer because if they are symptoms of the shot then they will go away.and i am starting to think that is all it is,because i am showing a lot of signs,but it could be either way.i have been talking to friends and they all think i should wait until the end of the week at least,as i won't have money till then:) if i am pregnant then it will only be 2 weeks maybe not even that,and that soon i don't think you are showing any signs like me so that is one reason why i am starting to think that is just the shot giving me symptoms
  • Options
    If you'd only be 2weeks, chances are you'd only be feeling sick, if you got symptoms. Probably is side effects of the jab. :)
  • Options
    i have been feeling nauseous lately,but haven't thrown up,but that is probably because i wasn't taking my iron pills,and that is why i was feeling weak and stuff,but started taking them yesterday and haven't had those feelings,except almost threw up yesterday when i accidentally bit into a tomato,but i can't stand them,yucky,i do it everytime i bite into one
  • Options
    Well how long since your last period? and all your feeling it could just be your brain.... YOu are so afraid u might be there fore u feel like you are... and no taking the pill won't harm the baby my mother got pregnat w/ me while taking the pill for her first 3 months of pregnacy and get this she had gotten her tubes tight so my dad must a' had some strong sperm... but anyway.... you should defently get a home pregnacy test buy first response thats the best it will give u accurate info after you r third missed day!!!
  • Options
    it has been about 3 weeks since the day i got off
  • Options
    im not being funny but why cant u just take a test? if you're not pregnant you will be able to stop worrying and if you are you will be able to decide what you are going to do.

i can not understand you waiting at all especially as u say its already been 2 weeks plus you've obviously admitted it to yourself that you think you might be as you've come on here to ask for advice
  • Options
    it has been about 3 weeks since the day i got off

Which means you could be 4/5wks pregnant. You really should stop messing around & do a test.
  • Options
    took a test this morning says i am not,gonna take another one in a few weeks to be sure,i was holding it off on account of my being poor,i am out of a job right now since i just moved back in with nick and am waiting till august for the place i am gonna be working at to open ,so i haven't been holding if as so much because i didn't want to find out,you don't really want to admit it to people that you are poor,if you know what i mean.sorry if that sounded rude
  • Options
    took a test this morning says i am not,gonna take another one in a few weeks to be sure,i was holding it off on account of my being poor,i am out of a job right now since i just moved back in with nick and am waiting till august for the place i am gonna be working at to open ,so i haven't been holding if as so much because i didn't want to find out,you don't really want to admit it to people that you are poor,if you know what i mean.sorry if that sounded rude

I take it you can't get a pregnancy test free at a clinic or something in the US?
  • Options
    you probably could,if i drove for about 2-3 hours,i live in the middle of no where in tx.had to drive an hour and a half to get this one,had to wake up at 5 in the morning to do it