Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Formula 1

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Adelle
    Villeneuve's going to be testing the Renault, so it's quite likely (according to the great oracle that is itv-f1.com) that Trulli's getting booted 3 races early and JV's coming back. Yay!

Either way, Schumi > your mom.

He is indeed back.

Villeneuve Joins Sauber
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo

*wishes Villeneuve would come back*

well damn...you wish hard enough and look what happens!

I'm happy now :D
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx
    well damn...you wish hard enough and look what happens!

I'm happy now :D

lol how comical! I am so happy now too!
  • Options
    Qualifying Results for tomorrows China GP

Schumacher span off the track and is starting from the back :D
  • Options
    I was panicing tonday as the tv book didnt have the race listed in it-as it starts at 6am (the show) so I figured oh crap itv aren't showing it! Still I will have difficulty staying awake unless its good-perhaps schumi being last will help it ebcome a good lievly race!

Oh and I got to see villeneuves lap today whilst on my break-well times break! Was a very happy bunny! You watch him spin out lap one!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    If the Chinese track is as good as their Takeaway's I'll be impressed.
  • Options
    Hmmm interesting race-was hoping to see some controversy with Jacques-he could have held up button-but luckily it never happened!
  • Options
    Aye, wasn't a bad race.
    At one point, Button looked like winning. 14 seconds ahead between first and second stops with a pit stop in hand over Raikkonen and Barrichello. Two problems though, Button seemed quiet in the 2nd stint (due to tyres, balance of the car, or a mixture of both) and Barrichello put some superb laps in to pull out 27 odd seconds just beofre his third stop.

Jacques was quiet, Schuey had the strangest race I've ever seen him drive, but all in all, I quite enjoyed it.
  • Options
    British GP axed

So there goes over 50 years of racing. Why must Eccelstone demand £9 million just so there *can* be a race. Or is it that sponsers want more races in countries with no limits on tobacco advertising :rolleyes:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Complete f**king disgrace. No suprise though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Complete f**king disgrace. No suprise though.

It's because Eccelstone is a cunt to silverstone :(
  • Options
    I know this isn't Bernie's main motivation for getting rid of it but honestly, the facilities at Silverstone are nothing short of shite. It's a swine of a place to get to in the first place, parking is still abysmal and it really is not value for money. It was cheaper (and a lot more pleasant!) for me and the folks to go to Imola than it was to Silverstone this year which is really appalling :(
  • Options
    I disagree. Silverstone is much improved, you try and get into Monza then, trust me, I was there in 2001 and at SIlverstone last year and Silverstone was a breath of fresh air to get into.
    Now the atmosphere and history of Monza is something else but I won't go into that now.

As I've said, I was at Silverstone last year and they turned the A43 into a one way system right round the circuit from the M1 Junction 15A. We had to queue, but who wouldn't when your getting 70 odd thousand people in. I've been to testing when the car parking was a bit of bumpy old scrap land at the back of the main granstands, now they've got proper car parking facilities, so there are plenty worse places. (Although the actual ticket prices are still seriously high)

Money talks in F1, Bernie wants as much money as he can. Silverstone offer him less than what he wants, he'll kick em into touch and get Tilke to design a new one in Asia. Bernie doesn't like the BRDC cause they won't let him buy Silverstone, so he'll do everything he can to price the race out of the market.
  • Options
    Getting to Silverstone was fine for me as was parking but getting out of the place was a bloody nightmare! There was one guy doing his job properly on our carpark and he managed to sort it out while the other's just acted like idiots.

Anyway...Silverstone's facilities aren't bad at all. You go to a cicruit to see racing anyway who cares if you have to eat crap food and use the horrible porta loos, it's part of the experience!

I think it's really sad that it's been axed for next year.
    I think that Bernie is a money grabber.
    And I just hope that it comes back on the calender as Spa did.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ecclestone getting put in the Iron Maiden.

Now THAT would be something to yay! about...
  • Options
    in the last 5 years or so, the brazillian GP has had hoardings fall onto the track mid race, a leaky sewage pipe which led to about 10 cars spinning out on the same corner during the race, and something else which i cant remember. this year, its the last GP of the year.

now surely having a course which is poorly managed and possibly a danger to the drivers is surely more important than having slightly dodgy facilities? just a point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    in the last 5 years or so, the brazillian GP has had hoardings fall onto the track mid race, a leaky sewage pipe which led to about 10 cars spinning out on the same corner during the race, and something else which i cant remember. this year, its the last GP of the year.

now surely having a course which is poorly managed and possibly a danger to the drivers is surely more important than having slightly dodgy facilities? just a point.

I am guessing the country doesn't have restrictions on tobacco advertising then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I am guessing the country doesn't have restrictions on tobacco advertising then.

You'd guess right.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You'd guess right.

Eccelstone grabbing more money then. Really if he is a fucking billionaire why the fuck does he need more? :mad:
  • Options
    Because people don't get rich by making do with what they have.

I, again, refer you to my post above anout putting him in the Iron Maiden of Nuremberg.
  • Options
    Because people don't get rich by making do with what they have.

I, again, refer you to my post above anout putting him in the Iron Maiden of Nuremberg.

Greedy money grabbing bastard. I would be happy with 2 billion. I agree he should be put in pain.
  • Options
    Schumacher will start tomorrows race from 18th :thumb: Qualifying positions

1 R Barrichello 1:10.646
    2 JP Montoya 1:10.850
    3 K Raikkonen 1:10.892
    4 F Massa 1:10.922
    5 J Button 1:11.092
    6 T Sato 1:11.120
    7 R Schumacher 1:11.131
    8 F Alonso 1:11.454
  • Options
    Yet another country with no regulations is on the calenderjust so that greedy fuck can get his hands on more money and so fags can be advertised. Twat :mad:
  • Options
    I would tax Ecclestone every penny he has. And then I would jail him.

And people like max Mosley (although retired) should be joining him in the slammer.
  • Options
    I would tax Ecclestone every penny he has. And then I would jail him.

And people like max Mosley (although retired) should be joining him in the slammer.

Harsh but fair. Though Mosley seems to be ok.... Mosley demands more cuts