Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Formula 1

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So its half way through the season, what are everyone expectations. Is it getting boring?

Personally i expect to see M Schumacher romp away with it :rolleyes: I do beleive that Ferari dominating is making the champonships boring. However there is a lot of action behind them.

Just think how good f1 will be once M Schumacher buggers off :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Shame to see M Schumacher win again :(

Good to see Minardi get a point yesterday!

Glad that Ralf is OK!
  • Options
    I just cant believe williams! Whats gone wrong!
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    Gooo Jenson Button!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Flake_Mustaine
    Gooo Jenson Button!! :D

I would like to see a BAR one two before the end of the season :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I would like to see a BAR one two before the end of the season :)
    I can see Button or Sato pulling it off :) The team's done so well to become competitive this year, it's great :)
  • Options
    I can see Button or Sato pulling it off :) The team's done so well to become competitive this year, it's great :)

Yeah, imagine if they hadnt been though. Who would be challenging the Ferrari's? :( Maybe Renault.
  • Options
    Formula One has been crap ever since they got rid of slick tyres and brought in those shitty treaded tyres.

No overtaking, because no bugger can close enough to the car behind without crashing.

CART is where it's at, folks.
  • Options
    I can't believe how bad McLaren have been so far this season. Hopefully that should all change in France when we get our new car.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sniper666
    I can't believe how bad McLaren have been so far this season. Hopefully that should all change in France when we get our new car.

and get Rid of Couthard :p He has been driving much worse than Kimi (cos i cant spell his second name)

Edited to add: thats happening anyway though isnt it, with Montoya going to McLaren
  • Options
    Yeah, Coulthard's looking for a drive next year.

I think they're going to be returning to the slick tyres at some point... not sure totally of what's happening, but there's going to be lots of changes to try and level the teams out a bit. Might get to see some close-cut races!!
  • Options
    They need to add a turbo boost button to the cars

There is a formula where each person has the same car and each car has 3 shots of the Laughing gas to give them an extra shot of speed for over taking, I think they should introduce that sort of thing to F1.
  • Options
    Yeah, Coulthard's looking for a drive next year.

I think they're going to be returning to the slick tyres at some point... not sure totally of what's happening, but there's going to be lots of changes to try and level the teams out a bit. Might get to see some close-cut races!!

Just read on the BBC that Williams might be after Coulthard as well as Mark Webber (the favorite) or Villeneuve who according to this is going to be sitting in for Ralf Schumacher who according tothis is going to miss France.

hmm maybe this should be an on going F1 thread....
  • Options
    yay Jenson!!!!!! :D:D:D:D;)
    Gotta love him havent ya?!
    F1 season is the same as last year though sort of, apart from the extra competitiveness from BAR :D its ferrari,ferrari, ferrari!:mad:
    although its only 22 days till testing at Silverstone!! yay!

Sarah
    xXx
  • Options
    I hear that Webber's likely to have a pretty good drive next season. He's a challenging driver wasted in the not-quite-as-good-as-perhaps-it-should-be Jaguar team... mind you the team could be on their way out ... read this.. :confused:

In terms of competition this season. The new McClaren car looks to be .4 seconds faster i think i heard, so that should mean more points finishes for the team :)
  • Options
    I hear that Webber's likely to have a pretty good drive next season. He's a challenging driver wasted in the not-quite-as-good-as-perhaps-it-should-be Jaguar team... mind you the team could be on their way out ... read this.. :confused:

In terms of competition this season. The new McClaren car looks to be .4 seconds faster i think i heard, so that should mean more points finishes for the team :)

Man Formula 1 needs more cars not less, i remember when there were 26 cars on the track.
  • Options
    Man Formula 1 needs more cars not less, i remember when there were 26 cars on the track.
    found this in the news archives; here :) . Arden International tipped to join in 2005/06, with maybe more teams following. :)
  • Options
    There's supposed to be a new motor racing thingy coming out soon called A1. All the cars are the same and it's countries that make teams not car companies. I'd rather watch that to be honest.

It used to be alright when Hakkinen, Coulthard, Schumacher and Irvine used to be in a tussle at the front in the old qualifying and races.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eeyun
    There's supposed to be a new motor racing thingy coming out soon called A1. All the cars are the same and it's countries that make teams not car companies. I'd rather watch that to be honest.

It used to be alright when Hakkinen, Coulthard, Schumacher and Irvine used to be in a tussle at the front in the old qualifying and races.

Apparantly if they had the current points system back when Schumacher broke his leg, Eddie Irvine would have been world champion.:yes:
  • Options
    Really? Irvine did well that year.

btw who won the Canadian Grand Prix? After all the misery of the France game I totally forgot all about it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Eeyun
    Really? Irvine did well that year.

btw who won the Canadian Grand Prix? After all the misery of the France game I totally forgot all about it!

Micheal Schumacher :( The only race he has not won was Monte Carlo with was won by Trulli
  • Options
    And another win for Schuey. Second race in a row where the win's come from tactical pit-stops. But did you see the pace of the Ferrari to gain the advantage over the first stint?!! Scary stuff. Imagine if they pushed that hard all race long.. :nervous:
  • Options
    And another win for Schuey. Second race in a row where the win's come from tactical pit-stops. But did you see the pace of the Ferrari to gain the advantage over the first stint?!! Scary stuff. Imagine if they pushed that hard all race long.. :nervous:

I hope he crashes and dies

or retires...either is good
  • Options
    I hope he crashes and dies

or retires...either is good

No, death is where it's at.

Cheating German arsehole. And he nicks people's girlfriends.

Cunt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    No, death is where it's at.

Cheating German arsehole. And he nicks people's girlfriends.

Cunt.

You know i often play F12002 on my PS2 and i swear Schumacher is programed to give you a nudge :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I went to Silverstone to watch last weekends race and I was slightly pissed off when Schumacher won yet again. Is that car ever going to finish anywhere other than in first place?

It's not like he had a good weekend either, he was shit in practice on Saturday and turfed his car off the track a few times. Why did he have to pull himself together again before the race? :mad:

On another note...Renault and BAR now need to sharpen their act up a bit. The last coulple of races they just havn't been able to keep pace with the top cars. Time for a few changes I think
  • Options
    Schumacher's all about the race day. The Ferrari team are wily as a fox! And Schuey knows just how to push the car to go faster. Though it was good to see Raikennenenenen back at the front :)

But yeah, the teams need to step up a bit or the Championship will be decided really soon.
  • Options
    Though it was good to see Raikennenenenen back at the front :)

yep...the noise when Raikkonen drove past was deafening. I think everyone was pleased that someone was finally giving Schumacher a bit of a run for his money (even if it didn't last).
  • Options
    I don't think F1 this season has been boring at all. OK, I'm an obsessive fan so it takes a lot for me to get bored of it, but compared to 2002 this season has been pretty good, even though Schumacher has won more races this time.

Firstly, the competition behind Schumacher is much tightrer than before - in 2002 it was just sporadic challenges from McLaren and Williams, whereas this year its a different team each race. In Britain it was McLaren, France Renault, USA BAR, Canada Williams, etc. And the racing between them has been better - its just the TV director doesn't always show it.

Secondly, what made 2002 particularly bad was that the Ferraris just seemed to be playing - there was the whole Austria fiasco where Barrichello let Schumacher win, and the same sort of thing in America. And Barrichello's other wins were basically gifted by Schumacher. This season, Schumacher is on the limit all the time and all his wins are deserved.

Thirdly, don't you feel priveilaged to be seeing this sporting genius at work? I'd like to see someone else win apart from him, but I also wish I'd seen Fangio in his heyday. My grandchildren will be wishing they'd seen the legendary Michael Schumacher at work.

However, in saying all that, 2004 has been a disappointing season, but you can't blame Ferrari and Schumacher for being good - its the other teams and Michelin in particular for not getting their act together. Bridgestone have Ferrari as their main testing medium, whereas Michelin have BAR, McLaren, Williams, Renault and Toyota, who all do a helluva lot of testing. Michelin covers about four times as many miles as Brigestone. OK, Ferrari have the advantage of tailored tyres, but still Michelin should be doing better than they are.
  • Options
    Schumacher is on the limit until he's won the title.

Then we'll see Barrichello win a lot of races.

ferrari = cheating filth. It's all the same staff as at benetton in 1995, when the same thing happened.

Mind, after the 1999 incident, I think Scum-macher should have been banned for life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Schumacher is on the limit until he's won the title.

Then we'll see Barrichello win a lot of races.

ferrari = cheating filth. It's all the same staff as at benetton in 1995, when the same thing happened.

Mind, after the 1999 incident, I think Scum-macher should have been banned for life.

Erm, where have they cheated recently? Team orders is hardly cheating - Ferrari were going to win the race fairly, just made the wrong driver win it. Nothing against the rules at the time, just an outrageous disregard for the sport.

Apart from that, since 1997 there has been no evidence of Ferrari cheating - if you're referring to the 1999 bargeboards fiasco, then that was the team's fault, not Schumacher's so why would be be banned for life? And also they didn't even cheat then - they were cleared after it was found the stewards used the wrong checks in their post-race inspection.