Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BNP candidate arrested on assault charge

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Self-defense?

John Prescott gained respect by seeing off his assailant in Wales
  • Options
    Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    http://politics.guardian.co.uk/elections2004/story/0,14549,1236809,00.html

quelle surprise :rolleyes:

Shame, no one could protect him from being assulted in the beginning, he may not have RETALIATED then :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ladymick

I knew you'd try and defend him.

Given the track record of BNP members, I doubt it was self defence.
  • Options
    Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    Shame, no one could protect him from being assulted in the beginning, he may not have RETALIATED then :rolleyes:

Was he assualted in the beginning? We only have the BNP regional organiser's word for that. And he would say that wouldn't he?
    BNP members have a long track record of thuggery and violence.
  • Options
    Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge

Sorry i forgot he is a BNP nazi, he has no right to protect himself has he....Of course he is wrong, lock him up and throw away the key, he must be a racist, evil man working for the BNP, he has no right to his human rights, he forfeited that when he stood up for what he believed in!

Dont get me wrong i disagree totally with the BNP and their policies BUT i am all up for people protecting themselves, a lot of people pay hudreds for self defence classes!
  • Options
    I knew you'd try and defend him.

Given the track record of BNP members, I doubt it was self defence.

Now, now. As one of the Stoke BNP councillor's solicitors said when the Sentinel (local paper) printed a story about him stabbing a Jewish guy in a chip shop:

"Mr. Whatever is no longer a violent, racist thug. He is now a respectable member of society."
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    Sorry i forgot he is a BNP nazi, he has no right to protect himself has he....Of course he is wrong, lock him up and throw away the key, he must be a racist, evil man working for the BNP, he has no right to his human rights, he forfeited that when he stood up for what he believed in!

Dont get me wrong i disagree totally with the BNP and their policies BUT i am all up for people protecting themselves, a lot of people pay hudreds for self defence classes!

As I said - we have no evidence that it was self defence.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    see how BNP is high lightened when this stuff happens but when someone form another party does something from another party it's not even said.

Example?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    As I said - we have no evidence that it was self defence.

Can you honestly say you would do the same thing if the story was about him beating up an asylum seeker?

You KNOW I'm not defending him, but I'm sure the police didn't question Leadbitter and the ANL guy and no one else and take Leadbitter's word.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    Was he assualted in the beginning? We only have the BNP regional organiser's word for that. And he would say that wouldn't he?
    BNP members have a long track record of thuggery and violence.

And protesters dont? We had several violent and weird protesters down here by the Naval dockyard last week, protesting against the submarines. One got quite ratty when i said why woukd i support you when the submarines keep my dad in a job?

In my experience protesters are trouble makers, with nothing better to do, every day last week a respect van drove round with music blaring out around a roundabout.

I didnt agree with that but didnt go beating them up for believing what they want, but that protester did. If it was reported in the guardian anyway must be gospel, they said he was attacked!
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Can you honestly say you would do the same thing if the story was about him beating up an asylum seeker?

You KNOW I'm not defending him, but I'm sure the police didn't question Leadbitter and the ANL guy and no one else and take Leadbitter's word.

Probably not, no. But the entire idealogy of the BNP is based on violence, and knowing about their track record, I think its likely he is a violent piece of shit.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: BNP candidate arrested on assault charge
    And protesters dont? We had several violent and weird protesters down here by the Naval dockyard last week, protesting against the submarines. One got quite ratty when i said why woukd i support you when the submarines keep my dad in a job?

Got quite ratty? What does that mean? Did they beat you up?
    In my experience protesters are trouble makers, with nothing better to do, every day last week a respect van drove round with music blaring out around a roundabout.

Oooooh, crime of the century that! :rolleyes:
    I didnt agree with that but didnt go beating them up for believing what they want, but that protester did. If it was reported in the guardian anyway must be gospel, they said he was attacked!

Yes, the BNP candidate beat someone up for believing what they want.
    And, unless we have evidence to the contrary, we only know what was reported don't we?
  • Options
    labour and the rest of them have many bad apples too.

As bad as this
    http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/stories/062004_story01.htm

http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/stories/062004_story02.htm
  • Options
    Based on what evidence?
  • Options
    Interesting. Doesn't surprise me too much though.
  • Options
    When i say ratty i mean, quite rude, arrogant gave me the look, i dont deserve that when i wish to come home in peace an quiet, they were a hassle but this other protester did hit someone, this is what subject we are on now!

Yeah big deal but if you saw a BNP van travelling around playing music causing a disturbance what would you think? Far right is the same as far left imho.

If a protester beat up a 'respect' candidate, and they retaliated would you have the same attitude???
  • Options
    When i say ratty i mean, quite rude, arrogant gave me the look, i dont deserve that when i wish to come home in peace an quiet, they were a hassle but this other protester did hit someone, this is what subject we are on now!

Didn't beat you up did they?
    Yeah big deal but if you saw a BNP van travelling around playing music causing a disturbance what would you think? Far right is the same as far left imho.

You need to educate yourself on politics then.
    If a protester beat up a 'respect' candidate, and they retaliated would you have the same attitude???

Probably. I don't have much respect for Respect.
  • Options
    Didn't you vote UKIP btw? They're far right IMO.
  • Options
    fascinating thread Blagsta - bnp candidate in scuffle with howling rentamob, gets arrested

Gives you an excuse to go on an anti-BNP crusade, searchlight likns and all

Familiar stuff

Zzzzzzz
  • Options
    must make lib dems far left then.

How can a party which you have referred to as a "mish mash of Labour and Tory policies" be far right? Surely it is THE most central party if that is the case?
  • Options
    Didn't beat you up did they?

No, i just answered that :rolleyes:

You need to educate yourself on politics then.

I am educated enough with politics thankyou, i know what i want in my life. Yes i voted UKIP the best party IMHO, however people would disagree i support that but its my choice and i am happy to say so.

Probably. I don't have much respect for Respect.

probably?

Personally i do not see how UKIP can be so far right they are not racist, they just reflect many peoples opinions on Europe, its a waste of time and effort, but again thats my opinion, you can disagree if you wish, its called maturity, respecting others choice.
  • Options
    must make lib dems far left then.

No, Lib Dems are slightly left of centre.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    fascinating thread Blagsta - bnp candidate in scuffle with howling rentamob, gets arrested

Gives you an excuse to go on an anti-BNP crusade, searchlight likns and all

Familiar stuff

Zzzzzzz

Is that the best you can do? LOL! :D

I'm sure you know as well as anyone the violent track record of the BNP. Nice to see you don't deny it.
  • Options
    No, i just answered that :rolleyes:

Well what the hell are you on about then?
    I am educated enough with politics thankyou, i know what i want in my life. Yes i voted UKIP the best party IMHO, however people would disagree i support that but its my choice and i am happy to say so.

Yes of course its your choice. Did anyone say any different? :confused:
    probably?

Do you need a dictionary?
    Personally i do not see how UKIP can be so far right they are not racist, they just reflect many peoples opinions on Europe, its a waste of time and effort, but again thats my opinion, you can disagree if you wish, its called maturity, respecting others choice.

Not racist? Yes of course, thats why they've got a celebrity racist endorsing them.
  • Options
    On the topic of the thread, yet another example of how the BNP is supported by a bunch of thugs.

And to be honest i would say that the UKIP is quite rascist, i mean there main figurehead, Robert Kilroy-Sacked ;) is definatly a rascist bastard. Surely a party would not adopt such a celebrity if he did not share there views.
  • Options
    see how BNP is high lightened when this stuff happens but when someone form another party does something from another party it's not even said.
    That's not true - Prescott thumped a guy in the 2001 election campaign and never lived it down.
  • Options
    That's not true - Prescott thumped a guy in the 2001 election campaign and never lived it down.

Then why is he deputy PM?
  • Options
    There are people who will think what Prescott did was great but will condemn the BNP candidate simply because of his political persuasion. I'm probably one of those people to be honest.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Then why is he deputy PM?
    I don't know, I don't make these decisions! It would have called more attention to it to sack him I suppose.
  • Options
    I'd question why he was even outside the polling station in the first place, especially as it is a criminal offence to try and persuade voters who to vote for outside a polling station.
    Knowing the BNP I'd put forward that he was trying to coerce people into voting for him, much like the Nazi's back in the 30's, especially as it's only the BNP who seem to send someone to the stations to win votes..

And if the protestors really did start it then they would have been arrested too for breach of the peace, but they weren't.