Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fashion/Brand names/Social class.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    The whole Nike thing usually does have to do with social classes though. Seeing as only neds wear sports clothes to the pub etc., and 99% of the time neds come from a poor background and area, and usually have a poor upbringing due to this.
    Massive generalisation. Can't see how people can be so sad to even think a statement like this is vaguely true. Not where I live anyway.:mad:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Quite funny but yetserday my outfit cost me £1.50-the top was a freebie in a mag-not normally fit me but this did and is well comfy. And the hotpants were Markone-reduced to £1.50. Gosh, imagine if I'd told your mates Hellfire-they'd have kicked me outta the pub eh?! Its funny but I see the same everyday. The funniest example is young moms who aren't so well off who buy their lil wee babes "nike" baby trainers. They cost way too much money and they last about two months! Its comical that they think if their baby is decked out in brands then they are cool and well off. That might just be my opinion.

I'm afraid I love a bargain and I think I have to dress to suit my shape so I'd buy something only if it didn't emphasise my bad bits- AND wasn't out of my price range.

I did actually buy a D&G skirt-from TK maxx but didnt buy it cus of that-it was tight white pvc and was suitable for a fancy dress nurses outfit. I couldn't belive it when I saw it was D&G. I got caught up in designer for cheap fever! So hey maybe I;m as bad as the mom's I just criticised? Oh well I aint got no moolah at the moment so no new clothes for me!