Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The site P&d boards are over-moderated.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's like being with a group of teenage mates with a maiden-aunt next door listening intently and backing on the wall when something's said not to her liking

ladyJade, while you wer away the sky didn't fall in, ppl gave as good as they got and vice-versa. It didn't degenerate into a personal and racial slag-fest

I can take anything that's thrown at me, it's only a BB but if ppls' humour and quirkiness is to be ironed-out, what is the point?

Comments

• Options
    Re: The site P&d boards are over-moderated.
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    It's like being with a group of teenage mates with a maiden-aunt next door listening intently and backing on the wall when something's said not to her liking

ladyJade, while you wer away the sky didn't fall in, ppl gave as good as they got and vice-versa. It didn't degenerate into a personal and racial slag-fest

I can take anything that's thrown at me, it's only a BB but if ppls' humour and quirkiness is to be ironed-out, what is the point?

Oh good Lord. This is the Politics and Debate forum hence it should not degrade into slanging matches. If more people backed up their sources and did not just generalise matters things would be better than they are now.
  • Options
    Well something should be done, this section is by FAR the worst of any section of TheSite at the moment.

All the threads are the same, NO ONE is actually discussing anything, its just people stating the same points over and again.

Its got depressing and most importantly deathly dull.
  • Options
    Re: Re: The site P&d boards are over-moderated.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Oh good Lord. This is the Politics and Debate forum hence it should not degrade into slanging matches. If more people backed up their sources and did not just generalise matters things would be better than they are now.
    better than what? it's politics ...bound to degenerate somewhat ...bound to be a few people spitting feathers and demanding blood ...thats the nature of the beast.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    I feel that moderation on these forums are really bsiaed. if someone like me says something i get done, if a left wing person spouts comments as us nothing is done.

I'm not a far right nutter or anything but I happen to agree.
  • Options
    I agree with lukesh on this one.
  • Options
    I feel that moderation on these forums are really bsiaed. if someone like me says something i get done, if a left wing person spouts comments as us nothing is done.

No the reason you get pulled up Lukesh is because you make broad generalisations with nothing to back them up.

Yes, there probably are less 'left-wing' people pulled up, but thats because they can actually back up their points.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    No the reason you get pulled up Lukesh is because you make broad generalisations with nothing to back them up.

Yes, there probably are less 'left-wing' people pulled up, but thats because they can actually back up their points.

I can come up with several (un-backed) generalisations, which start the personal attacks, which aren't picked up on.
  • Options
    Yes , Lukesh is correct.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    I can come up with several (un-backed) generalisations, which start the personal attacks, which aren't picked up on.

But you do it rarely, I think. lukesh does it all the time.

And let's face it, it's Blagsta who does 90% of the personal attacks from right-to-left, and the same with ladymuck the other way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    But you do it rarely, I think. lukesh does it all the time.

And let's face it, it's Blagsta who does 90% of the personal attacks from right-to-left, and the same with ladymuck the other way.

Wasn't talking about myself... :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Wasn't talking about myself... :p

Maybe you weren't......:p
  • Options
    Whatever, bicker amoungst yourselves, I find this whole section very dull.
  • Options
    have you ever thought the reason the lefties don't get jumped on as much is cos they talk more sense ...more truth?
    example;
    the invasion of iraq ...the right denied this that and the other ...for it all to become egg on their faces. everything the left said came to pass.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

the invasion of iraq ...the right denied this that and the other ...for it all to become egg on their faces. everything the left said came to pass.

One, does this give the "left" (I really hate those terms) to attack personally, more than the "right"?

Two, the whole WMD thing, doesn't mean that the supporters of the war in Iraq, were wrong in anything else, except from that.
    And even then, you'd all be fools to believe that if he didn't have WMDs, that he didn't have biological weapons, or something else down the sleeve.
  • Options
    Well I would say that LadyJade has has a go at Blagsta quite a bit really, I feel sure I could find several examples if I could be arsed....

Also bongbudda i would point out that the moderation tends to be of personal insults rather than failing to back up points.......

i would also suggest that you think of some original threads if you are upset or 'bored'.......
  • Options
    Blagsta calls us everything under the sun but nothing is done. we can't have a rule for you and a rule for us, thats wrong.
    yes but replies like the one above yyours from Jacq get people realy wound up. so incaurate. not a point of view at all but an outright dishonest statement!
  • Options
    yes but replies like the one above yyours from Jacq get people realy wound up. so incaurate. not a point of view at all but an outright dishonest statement!

Why's that?
    Why is my statement outright dishonest?
  • Options
    Blagsta calls us everything under the sun but nothing is done. we can't have a rule for you and a rule for us, thats wrong.

I happen to agree with this.

I have generally found that the "right-wingers" are pulled up more often and over less important issues. Fair enough if they are being racist, but it does seem that if Ladymuck and Blagsta start arguing, Blagsta is the one who lowers the tone yet it is Ladymuck who gets the grief. And it happens with other left-right arguments of ideology; the sole liber gets a lot of grief where if he said what the mods agreed with he wouldn't.

I think it is good that the mods get involved in the discussions, but the mods have to become more neutral. It does seem to me that those who disagree with the moderators' opinions seem to get more hassle from them than those who do not. There are one or two "left wing" posters on here who, if they said the opposite view of what they do, would have been banned a very very long time ago.
  • Options

IN. YOUR. OPINION.

Saddam Hussein was kitted out with biological weapons, and he used them in combat, most notably against Iran. It doesn't matter who supplied them, that is a fact.

It is YOUR OPINION that the WMD allegations were lies, and it is YOUR OPINION that anyone who thinks Saddam had weapons is a liar.

The fact is the Kurds were gassed by SOMETHING. Whether or not he still had the weapons, it is known that he has had them in the past and could have got new weapons very easily.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    and could have got new weapons very easily.

IN YOUR OPINION......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    IN YOUR OPINION......:rolleyes:

And the opinion of the intelligence services, if I am not very much mistaken.

Slight evidence was exaggerated, but there has been some evidence there.

The war wasn't justified, but anyone who thinks Saddam was completely innocent is a fool. In my opinioin.
  • Options
    Indeed Kermy, in your opinion. One not shared by those who reported on the state of Saddam's programs and stockpiles after 12 consecutive years of containment, disarmament and bombardment.

Moreover, even the gassing claim has been show to be far from credible enough to have justified an invasion nearly 20 years later, given that:

1. The ONLY source for this supposed "genocide" came from the Kurds themselves. Despite a few pictures, no assemblage of mass dead were ever verified by any US or international authority and...

2. CIA testimony even suggests that any attack on Halabja was more likely done by Iran, which had known bio weapons (blood agents, not chemical weapons) whereas Iraq did not and...

3. As has been oft repeated, no justification for invasion can legitimately be made by those who routinely dismiss civilian casualties in time of war as "collateral damage", concerning which Halabja was a prime example.

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2002/cr100802.htm
  • Options
    I fucking can't believe you're trying to make a saint out of Hussein.
    Incredible.
  • Options
    I started this thread as I snapped, a different thread someone had made a crack, this was promptly sat upon by LJ as 'unecessary' - well for that matter P&D, the site and the www could be deemed 'unecessary'

I thank you Kermit in recognition of the lowering of the tone by the 2 most aggressive stalwarts of the Left.

As for the inevitable lazy slur about BNP, it's unproven and boring and what would it matter anyway, to be a member/supporter is a fluid thing and not the curse of the vampire
  • Options
    Once again Jacq you turn up with nothing but some knee jerk idiocy and snide commentary asserting something which is not even remotely suggested by my post.

Exposing the falsehood of justifications for war is a far cry from claiming Saddam was a saint. This is not some popularity contest for Christ's sake.

Go follow your own advice and "get a grip", or better yet, get some rationale and intellectual honesty for a change.

Perhaps you so blindly follow the drumbeats of war that you care nothing for ensuring the justifications are sound. Those of us who educate ourselves as to the repeated failures of pursuing such wanton warmongering have the evidence of history to contend otherwise.
  • Options
    Go on, dig a deeper hole for yourself...
  • Options
    Why thank you Lukesh, your comments are little more than laughable quips themselves.
  • Options
    LOL. oh Jacq, you wont be much of a diplomat I assure you. Your childish retorts and filaure to concede that you dont have a clue what you are talking about as well as your inability to support your arguments leaves you looking the fool more often than not.
  • Options
    Forget the bleating, the namecalling and the over moderation.

The saddest thing to come out of all this is the general disrespect for opposite points of view from all points of the political spectrum.
  • Options
    Common sense? lol. Common sense would have instructed you by this point to cease from blindly following an administration and an agenda of global perpetual conflict based on repeatedly exposed lies. That you continue to defend the liars undermines any claim you might make to exercising common sense.