Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

English Democrats

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I had a flyer come through my door about a party which i could finally say i agree with. A non-racist party aimed at promoting English culture as i feel as a nation we are becoming over-multiculturalised, not that multiculturalism is a bad thing it just seems that we are losing our national identity as English people. I guess you could say they were similar to the UKIP with a more English stance, I think they are worth a vote in Englands current climate. what does everyone else tink?

check them out http://www.englishdemocrats.org.uk

Comments

• Options
    Nope. 'They are like UKIP with more english stance' So they want to chuck off the Scots the Welsh and The Irish do they :rolleyes:
  • Options
    thats a stupid way of putting it, im sure people from wales and scotland dont consider themselves british, so it seems only fair that they should have their own national status by having their own governments represent them.
  • Options
    Whatever would the Scots and Welsh do without the English taxpayer.

I cant wait to see certain individual's replys to this thread.
  • Options
    Originally posted by EssexBoy
    thats a stupid way of putting it, im sure people from wales and scotland dont consider themselves british, so it seems only fair that they should have their own national status by having their own governments represent them.

That is very untrue. Most Scottish and Welsh consider themselves British.
  • Options
    Originally posted by minimi38
    That is very untrue. Most Scottish and Welsh consider themselves British.

I think thats just your opinon you ask any decent Scot and they will tell you they are Scottish not British.
  • Options
    I think thats just your opinon you ask any decent Scot and they will tell you they are Scottish not British.
    So is a 'decent' Scot defined as someone who sees themselves as Scottish rather than British?
  • Options

I would say I am welsh, but I know that I am also British.

Im sure the English always say they are British though dont they? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Im sure the English always say they are British though dont they? :rolleyes:
    *Raises hand*

I do!
  • Options
    They see themselves as Scottish and British. A Texan considers him/herself A Texan first, then American. A Basque considers his/herself A Basque aswell as Spanish.

The Scottish recognise fat too many benefits of being British not to consider themselves British.
  • Options
    They see themselves as Scottish and British. A Texan considers him/herself A Texan first, then American. A Basque considers his/herself A Basque aswell as Spanish.

The Scottish recognise fat too many benefits of being British not to consider themselves British.
  • Options

To draw a parralel if people from Texas consider themselves Texans then that is exactly why American states have their own individual laws to recognise the particular identity of that group. By having seperate national governments we can focus on the needs of our own countries rather than being dominated as a group. That is exactly the reason the EDP supports the SNP and Welsh National Party.
  • Options
    You know all of these people do you?
  • Options
    has ireland scotland and wales been removed from the 'british' isles then?
  • Options
    I'm proud to be English. I'm proud to be British. I'm proud to be European. Therefore I shall vote for parties (if I could :p) that will represent my pride :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    I'm proud to be English. I'm proud to be British. I'm proud to be European. Therefore I shall vote for parties (if I could :p) that will represent my pride :)
    i've never understood how someone can be proud of something they had no say or control over.
  • Options
    Thats right, if there is room for Plaid Cymru and the SNP/SSP, it makes sense to have an English version. The Welsh and Scottish MPs have been instrumental in securing better deals for their regions than the English get, just look at Education and top-up fees.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Thats right, if there is room for Plaid Cymru and the SNP/SSP, it makes sense to have an English version. The Welsh and Scottish MPs have been instrumental in securing better deals for their regions than the English get, just look at Education and top-up fees.

I beleive the Welsh are stuck with top up fees too
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i've never understood how someone can be proud of something they had no say or control over.
    To some extent you're right. On the other, you can be proud of your heritage, and their struggles in order for you to be alive and being able to write that online. Pretty simple.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    I'm proud to be English, british but certainly not European. Whats to be proud of?
    The fact that we're the most stabile region, with the most stabile economy.
  • Options
    I'm proud to be English, british but certainly not European. Whats to be proud of?

Why be proud to be British? What is there to be proud of?

Stop saying random statements.
  • Options
    The most socially advanced, just and free continent on earth? Ancient civilisations, breathtaking history, legacy, heritage? Stunningly beautiful and diverse nations, cultures and languages?

I'm not a fan of being proud of accidents of birth, but if you believe in the concept of being proud of the place where you are born for whatever reason there is as much reason to be proud of your Continent as of your country.
  • Options
    The most socially advanced, just and free continent on earth? Ancient civilisations, breathtaking history, legacy, heritage? Stunningly beautiful and diverse nations, cultures and languages?

2 World Wars? Millions upon millions slaughtered because of race, religion etc. , colonialisation , the slave trade , the holocaust , the crusades, empires , bloody wars , the common agricultural policy, cowardly governments , appeasers, cheese eating surrender monkies, communism , nazism, totalitarianism, racism, anti-semitism etc..?

Europe isnt that great.

I certainly would not consider myself European , and I dont think the vast majority of British people would.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Racist ;):p
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Even with the smilies, that was uncalled for and not the slightest bit funny. Would you lot please stop antagonising each other!!!
  • Options
    An obvious thing to be proud of Britian is because I was born here. The people are great, the country is great, it's a great nation. Wouldn't want to be born anywhere else!

I was born in Europe, the people are great, it's a great continent. I wouldn't want to be born anywhere else.

Stop playing the WWII card. Try telling that to the veterans who died next to Indian, Jamaican, Australian soldiers.
  • Options
    Too right! I bet you won't get the British war vetrens in Normandy calling them selves European!
    stupid boy ...the dream ...the vision of a united europe was born from these mens suffering. 1st and second world wars meant two generations of young people had slaughtered each other in a very short space of time. the european wars before these two are many and often for a kings vanity. the dream of a united europe was to try and avoid this kind of suffering again.
    here we go ...hitlers dream will get a mention ...
  • Options
    I was born in Europe, the people are great, it's a great continent. I wouldn't want to be born anywhere else.

I was born in the Northern Hemisphere, the people are great, it's a great Hemisphere. I wouldn't want to be born anywhere else.
  • Options
    'Over wide areas a vast quivering mass of tormented, hungry, care-worn and bewildered human beings gape at the ruins of their cities and homes, and scan the dark horizons for the approach of some new peril, tyranny or terror........ to re-create the European family, or as much of it as we can, and provide it with a structure under which it can dwell in peace, in safety, and in freedom. We must build a kind of United States of Europe.'

'I am now going to say something that will astonish you. The first step in the re-creation of the European family must be a partnership between France and Germany. In this way only can France recover the moral leadership of Europe. There can be no revival of Europe without a spiritually great France and a spiritually great Germany. The structure of the United States of Europe, if well and truly built, will be such as to make the material strength of a single state less important. Small nations will count as much as large ones and gain their honour by their contribution to the common cause'.

Winston Churchill, 19th September 1946
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I was born in the Northern Hemisphere, the people are great, it's a great Hemisphere. I wouldn't want to be born anywhere else.

What? Even the Asian bits?

And what DID Churchill mean then, lukesh?
  • Options
    to us get along with each other, united, not in this united states of europe that is being imposed. cause this would cause a world war 3.

Didn't churchill mention a 'United States of Europe' :confused: