Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Benefits for unemployed/part time workers

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It is VERY SIMPLE Luke. Just explain how do you know all those people are claiming sick benefits and working. Have they told you? Have you opened their mail or seen them cash their benefit cheques, then followed them to a building site and seen them work for cash?

Saying "just because" simply confirms my suspicions that as usual you're repeating rumours and hearsay.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    No I havn't told because I believe we should all get what we can off the government, that is the feeling around here because we have had enough.

and why are you being daft by saying have I opened their mail? Come on, you either believe me or you don't because this is pointless.

So it's ok for people around you to cheat the government, but not for an asylum seeker to get £37 a week?

Aladdin asked you for proof that you know this, people don't tend to advertise the fact that they are cheating the system.

Or are they all members of your own family?

Benefit fraud hotline!!!

0800 854 440
  • Options
    I believe that we should cheat on the Government if you can, it's up to the government to stop them.

arghh Asylum seekers don't get much do they?

people are cheating it, loads around my area how many times, this is really giving me an headcahe and thats all i need i have exams tomorrow :(

No they are not members of my family.

run along and study for your exams, but don't worry, you only need 1 GCSE to work in McDonalds.
  • Options
    It's giving me a headache too so I'm very sorry for having to shout now but...

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE CHEATING?

Is it really that complex a question to answer?
  • Options
    thnaks for the support, i really need it as my confidense is already rock bottom.

Sorry that was a bit mean of me. I was only joking. Don't work for McDonalds, they suck.
  • Options
    The whole thing about internet forum debating Luke is that we don't know each other and nobody should have to take another poster's word as gospel.

It's not question of agreeing or not. You've made a claim that you know for a fact that loads and loads of people in your area are pretending to be ill, claiming sick benefits and working at the same time.

I'm simply asking how do you know "for a fact" that this is in fact the case.

It's not an unfair question is it?
  • Options
    Nah you're okay. Just don't take up politics studies and you'll sail through :p;)
  • Options
    You'll be alright. Shouldn't spend all day online though ;)
  • Options
    You could always post it here and see if people come up with suggestions or links to aid you. It's been known to happen... :D
  • Options
    Sorry you guys but i am with Luke about the way some people claim sickness and theres naff all wrong with them. I also know people who work 40+ hours and say they are only working 20 so they get working family tax credits, they get 20 hrs at minimum wage and they also get the other 20 hrs cash in hand. I know this for fact although for obvious reasons im not gonna give too much info because a mate does it.

Some guy I know is on disability because of his supposedly bad back, he can take the engine out of a car with a mate, do the engine up and do all the other maintenance on the car. When he occasionally has to go for a medical he cant walk let alone bend his back..........true story !!!
  • Options
    I must admit, I know quite a few people who`ve done it/do it.
    Ive even done cash in hand work myself before and claimed at the same time.
    disclaimer: it was a long time ago, I dont recommend it, and I never really got much anyway - didnt last long.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Sorry you guys but i am with Luke about the way some people claim sickness and theres naff all wrong with them. I also know people who work 40+ hours and say they are only working 20 so they get working family tax credits, they get 20 hrs at minimum wage and they also get the other 20 hrs cash in hand. I know this for fact although for obvious reasons im not gonna give too much info because a mate does it.

Some guy I know is on disability because of his supposedly bad back, he can take the engine out of a car with a mate, do the engine up and do all the other maintenance on the car. When he occasionally has to go for a medical he cant walk let alone bend his back..........true story !!!

Yes, some people screw the system, that ain't in doubt.
    Its lukesh's assertions that he knows exactly how easy it is (he's still at school ffs!) and that everyone's doing it is whats being argued against.
  • Options
    go on then - tell me how you would get round the system?
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    go on then - tell me how you would get round the system?
    well, you get a cash in hand job, and then take the morning off when its time to go and sign on once a fortnight.
  • Options
    if you want to claim social you just make our you have hurt you back and get doctors in, follow the process, dead easy, in a matter of months your on for a few years until they check again.
    No, it doesn't go on for a few years until they check again. What happens is you see your GP who is obliged to believe you have a bad back and will examine you. If you say you are in agony your doctor MUST believe you or be guilty of medical negligence. When they can't see anything wrong with you they give you a sick note which entitles you to benefits but they also send you for several tests including blood tests, x-rays, MRI scans, lumbar tests etc etc, which, when you add up all of the fraudulent claims cost the NHS millions of pounds a year.

When nothing is found (because the person is lying) it is already too far down the line for the GP to accuse you of fraud because as soon as you say 'I'm not lying' and they've accused you, you can have them up infront of the GMC before they've got time to blink.

So, the reason it is so 'easy' is because a doctor can't tell you to piss off.
  • Options
    should that be a scarey thing to know that people my age know how to get around the system?

You don't know shit really.
    Come back when you've actually signed on for a bit and then chat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

Come back when you've actually signed on for a bit and then chat.

Signed on for a bitta what ;)

hehehe im in daft mode tonight :D
    pissed again :p
  • Options
    Judging by the inane crap you come out with on here, you don't know fuck all.

How come your spelling and grammar suddenly got better? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta

How come your spelling and grammar suddenly got better? :confused:
    Spellcheck?
  • Options
    Hey Becks, I know it's a bit late and it's all sorted now but Tax Credits and stuff is my my job so thought I would throw my advice in!

An unemployed man with a wife and kids to support can claim Jobseekers Allowance and the Child Tax Credit element for his family. If there are children under the age of five he can have a milk token for each of the qualifying kids too. If has paid a lot of NI contributions, he could possibly make a claim for Contributions based jobseekers which could mean extra pennies!

If his wages are low, Working Tax credit might help to top them up, depending on how many kids u have got.

With the mortgage thing, I understand the Council will help to pay the interest only on an endowment mortage, providing the unemployment was no fault of his own. I think you can also claim council tax benefit in this case.

Hope I been some help even though it was a bit late. It might be worth putting a backdated claim for the couple weeks he was outta work.
  • Options

I know a lot more than you think. :)

Like which piggy went to the market? Or stuff that actually matters?
  • Options
    your not worth it. why not get a better attitude? then come back and talk to me. thanks :)

Why not actually talk some sense? Surely even you must find it hard to believe, or even understand, some of the stuff you say?
  • Options
    this is where you need to get in the real world then. everything I say you think is rubbish but it's all true.

if you didn't understand some things that because I havn't been good for a long time.

Everything you say is true? According to who exactly?

You dismiss everything the Goverment comes out with as being lies to justify their own actions, but when something like The Sun says something totally absurd, you take it as the gospel truth. You really trust a tabloid more than the Government?
  • Options
    when did i say i believed everything the sun says?

I never said you did. But you always refer to it.

I don't believe a word the government says half of the time.

But you do believe The Sun, right?

Why is it you always refer to papers when we are arguing or debating?

Because that's all you refer to.
  • Options
    No I do NOT always believe the Sun.

Ok then. Why don't you ever believe the Government?
  • Options
    they promise us things, nothing happens.

As do all Governments. I really don't know, but i imagine being PM isn't easy. Could you do better?
  • Options
    I believe I could do better than Blair.

:lol:
  • Options
    LOL.

Can you name a single promise the Tories kept? How many good things that the Tories made happen can you list?
  • Options
    Has it? Look who the leader is...
  • Options
    Luke bashing is incredibly boring and not really in the true spirit of the forum I think.
    debate is much more fun if you stick to the issues and dont make it personal.