Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In Bed With The BNP

For all those who actually think that the BNP are a serious problem in this country, this article should be enough to give them heart.

It's pretty much what I've said all along; people don't agree with the actual BNP, they just want the main parties to stop lining their own pockets and start doing something to help local communities. It's interesting that Joseph Rowntree have commented that where the BNP have said concentrated on "bread and butter" issues it is where they have done well, rather than playing on the race card.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    She admits she has no idea that Green Lanes is a key centre of London's Asian community

Grauniad's wrong again

Daft smear, what would you expect but a drizzle of negativity from the establishment
  • Options
    It's Turkish and Asian.

But you would call it a smear wouldn't you? You're not her are you? :D
  • Options
    BNP should campaign on behalf of poor souls waiting in pain for NHS operations
  • Options
    It's quite hard to make a knowledgeable, intelligent person look like an imbecile.

I saw the Grauniad article before, it's the best thing I've read in ages.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck

Fuck off :)
  • Options
    Trust ladymuck to appear in a flash and have a go at the article.

I guess it has raffled a few racist feathers amongst your BNP comrades has it not?
  • Options
    I guess it has raffled a few racist feathers amongst your BNP comrades has it not?

I doubt their finances are so bad thet they'd have to raffle feathers :eek:
  • Options

According to the Joseph Rowntree Foundation it might actually mean that they get voted for.

The racist angle quite clearly doesn't work, because people see it as nonsense.
  • Options
    I doubt their finances are so bad thet they'd have to raffle feathers :eek:
    I do beg your pardon. It should have been 'ruffled' then...

This is what happens when you allow dirty foreigners into the country eh? The language gets corrupted...

Anyway, didn't like the article too much did you? :D
  • Options
    How big of the Grauniad to smear a 17 yr old
  • Options
    Smear? If anything they were too kind to her.

No smearing there. She's the one who smeared herself. But then again, anyone who holds such views is liable to do that, just by talking about them.
  • Options

Smear?

If someone puts their beliefs up for public consumption but is not able to support them, then they are open to criticism.

One cannot come out and say you support the BNP, then not be able to back up why you support the BNP. It's the same with any political belief, IMHO, but with issues of race and "forced repatriation" the stakes are higher.

I'm, sorry the girl was humiliated, but she should think before opening her mouth.
  • Options
    Re: In Bed With The BNP
    Originally posted by Kermit
    For all those who actually think that the BNP are a serious problem in this country, this article should be enough to give them heart.

It's pretty much what I've said all along; people don't agree with the actual BNP, they just want the main parties to stop lining their own pockets and start doing something to help local communities. It's interesting that Joseph Rowntree have commented that where the BNP have said concentrated on "bread and butter" issues it is where they have done well, rather than playing on the race card.

other than using terroist tactics, thats how the NSDAP got votes, going on about providing jobs and houses for regular germans, they were quiet about the race part until they got into power
  • Options

Yes they should. Indeed their policy of repatriation of immigrants will really help people in pain waiting for NHS treatment. After all when the 47% of nurses and 23% of doctors are repatriated, waiting lists will crumble. :rolleyes:

Let's just look a t a few of her quotes shall we?
    When told that 22 per cent of those classifying themselves as Welsh now live elsewhere in Britain, with the greatest loss being the decision of the young and university-educated to move to the south east of England, she fiddles with her pink mobile phone.
    'If that was true, I am sure my father would have told me,' she mutters. 'The Daily Mail seems sure that illegal immigration is causing terrible problems across the country. I am only 17. I can't be expected to know all the facts.'

So, her education of the world comes from a racist father and a racist paper. Neither of whom actually give her a true picture. She, like many children, trusts her father and yet he seem to be betraying her with his warped view of the UK.
    When told that adult asylum seekers exist on £37.77, 30 per cent below the poverty line, she is genuinely shocked.
    'They should receive more than that,' she gasps

So, when confronted with the lies she has been told, she realises that actually people should have more to live on than they are getting.

I pity her, I really do. With parents like hers, what chance does she have?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I pity her, I really do. With parents like hers, what chance does she have?

I think that's the point teh Guardian were actually making.

It wasn't "smearing" her, it was illustrating that BNP policy is made up of half-baked lies and propaganda. If anything they made her look silly and immature, but she is only 17; the attack was, quite rightly, on her father.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    awwww the BNP again. :rolleyes:
    And for as long as BNP members/supporters continue to spout bullshit on message boards in an attempt to persuade young minds to vote for the little Nazis, the rest of us will continue to point out what a load of bullshit it is.

The mission to convert people to the cause has so far spectacularly failed, and the poor person who was sent here to win our hearts and minds will have no doubt greatly disappointed their comrades.

I hope they don't get beaten up for their failure though.
  • Options

Weak comeback, 0/10

Must try harder
  • Options
    I confess I'm a 30 year old man who wants you all to do the right decission and vote BNP on the 10th June.

Is that what you think?

sigh

I think its quite obvious that you are a naive badly educated 16 year old.
  • Options
    Not you Lukesh. Try for a change to read a thread properly and do keep up.
  • Options
    No problem Luke. :)
  • Options
    lol at the poor girl, she bloody deserved it. If you're going to believe in something at least have the intelligence to be able to back it up!
    I do feel sorry for her, I can see the 1930's and Oswald Mosley all over again, but like what happened then will happen now. The British people will never tolerate a dictatorship that goes to any length to persecute a part of the population for a non-reason such as colour or religion. The BNP should get a clue and learn from history, we won't tolerate scum like them.
  • Options
    Call me stupid, but sometimes I don't understand all the brew-ha-ha surrounding the BNP.

Since this is a liberal democracy and such as system is based on pluralism, then can you really ban any party?

I think the BNP in recent times are trying to make themselves look 'presentable'. Their website doesn't contain any overt racist things and their manifesto isn't worded in a racist fashion. Nonetheless I still reckon the BNP ARE a racist party.
  • Options
    Say what? It's just my opinion!
  • Options
    What a shame that The Guardian used a girl to attack her father. Not nice at all. There are many other ways.
  • Options
    The BNP in my opinion are racist and homophobic judging by articles I've read on their website, but then I believe in freedom of speech.

The BNP are targetting Wrexham for the next elections and it wouldn't surprise me if they did fairly well. The area in which I live is, in my opinion very racist, judging by what I see and hear in my bar work. In fact sometimes it's even worrying, hearing about people literally saying they want to beat them all to death. It gets me down in a way... I mean why?
    POLICE have launched a probe into the far right BNP party after the group distributed outrageous leaflets around Wrexham about suicide bombers.
    Evening Leader newspaper - Wrexham local

So some people around Wrexham are dumb enough to take papers like The Sun as gospel intellectual and god honest reading... what're they gonna think of these leaflets?

But then after the race riots last year, I can see why it'll catch on. Apparently the National Front were planning on coming up from down South Wales to have a go... It's scary really... right wing groups seem to be growing in popularity.
  • Options
    I read that article funny enough, the Guardian are brilliant at twiting everything. Saying that her father has taught her to be a Natzi since she was young.
    Would you kindly point out where in the article it is suggested Nick Griffin has taught his daughter to be a Nazi?

Please stop making things up.

As I said, if anything the Guardian was kind to her. It wouldn't have been difficult to deconstruct every single policy the BNP endorses and to prove to the kid how all the claims the party make are lies. She should count herself lucky the interviewer let her off as easily as she did.

The problem with the kid is that she is young and inexperienced and hasn't quite learnt the tricks of the trade yet. It wouldn't be much of a problem to disprove every single claim Nick Griffin makes either, if he was prepared to sit through an interview and give honest answers. That's why he rarely gives interviews, and when he does he gives non-committal and derailing pre-memorised replies or simply refuses to answer or walks out if cornered.

If anything the kid should be wondering why she wasn't told the broadcast she filmed was done in the main Asian community area in London. She appeared to have the impression Green Lanes was a typical London street giving an average representation of the city's population. Yet another sinister and distorting trick played by the little fascist scumbags.

She should be wondering now why she has been misled and programmed in such way... or why hasn't anyone in the party bothered to tell her the real amount asylum seekers get in benefits...
  • Options
    She appeared to have the impression Green Lanes was a typical London street giving an average representation of the city's population. Yet another sinister and distorting trick played by the little fascist scumbags.

it isn't that untypical of much of London, only the far-flung suburbs aren't overwhelmingly ethnic.

As for 'sinister and distorting trick ', BNP are rank amateurs compared to mainstream media
  • Options
    it isn't that untypical of much of London, only the far-flung suburbs aren't overwhelmingly ethnic.
    There is not a single area, let alone borough in the whole of London that is "overwhelmingly ethnic" as you well know it.

Why don't you go and look up the ethnic make-up of London and then come back here and tell us how we're all being 'overwhelmed' by non-whites?
    As for 'sinister and distorting trick ', BNP are rank amateurs compared to mainstream media
    LOL
  • Options
    Ethnicity UK

Newham + Brent certainly are majority non-white (overwhelmed by non-whites? )

Given the youthfulness of those non-white populations + family sizes that tendency will increase

Other boroughs will catch up fast

I'd expect the census to have under-measured ethnic presence