Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am fat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was just after a bit of advice. Basically my trouble is that I can't get any girls, because I'm fat! I've tried dieting and all, but it doesn't seem to do any good. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to be the first to reply to this. I might be back later.
  • Options
    Ok, ill go first.

First off how old are you, and exactally how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Cool =-)
  • Options
    I'm a tad over 6 foot, and last time I weghed myself I was 19 stones.
  • Options
    Ok, Well, depending on your age...

...What i would go with is every time you get home from school/work go for a 1hr walk, get the cd player from the store, and just go with the music. That made me go from 17 Stone to 11 Stone (6'3)
  • Options
    If girls dismiss you for being fat then that's their problem, no?

When I walk around I often see fat people (both males and females) with partners. Evidently these people HAVE partners because their SO is attracted to their personality or even physically attracted.

So that doesn't necessarily mean that being fat doesn't mean you have to be alone and dateless.

Maybe the girls you try to hit on or associate with are particularly shallow or they simply aren't attracted to fat males.
  • Options
    How long did that take? Just wanted to know because I'm extremely sexually frustrated right now. I'm 19 by the way
  • Options
    It's only an issue because you make it one.

I'm big and have a fiance, and have had one-night stands, my housemate's fiance is big, etcetera etcetera.

If you think "no-one wants to fuck me because I'm fat" then nobody WILL want to fuck you; in order to be attractive you have to be confident, or at least not staring at your boots the whole damn time. People like all shapes and sizes, you just have to have the confidence to appeal to them.
  • Options
    Well, took me 3 months, but saying that, I walked 3hrs a day.
  • Options
    It's all very well saying it's a confidence thing, but I really am fat, and tend to sweat a lot. Is there no way to get girls by hypnosis or anything?
  • Options
    take Sambo's advice and try to lose some weight, because 19 stone sounds unhealthy. theres a difference between being a big lad and obese. not only will losing weight and exercising make you more fit, it will boost your confidence and make you more appealing to the opposite sex.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Buseyfan
    It's all very well saying it's a confidence thing, but I really am fat, and tend to sweat a lot. Is there no way to get girls by hypnosis or anything?

And?

Some girls dig big blokes.

If you aren't confident then you won't ever find anyone, even those who like big men.

People like different people, but you have to let them.

Perhaps losing a stone in weight will give you more confidence.
  • Options
    I do try exercise, but I just don't seem to lose the weight. I dunno, I guess I'm just fat and will always be so.
  • Options
    I do try exercise, but I just don't seem to lose the weight. I dunno, I guess I'm just fat and will always be so.

Sounds to me mate, you just want a quick fix.

You need to be in the frame of mind to WANT to lose weight. If you're accepting it, and not have any intention of working for what you really want - poonani :p - then you're just gonna be so lonesome all your days, since you'll be so depressed and in no motivation to make things better, yanno?
  • Options
    I just wanna say thanks everyone, this has all made me feel a lot better about my fat self. Seriously, I'm gonna try and lose that weight and get out there and talk to some women. I shall follow Mr Apollo, look over walls, wrestle poodles and win.
  • Options
    I've just looked up some great exercise tips on the web. As from tomorrow I am a new man!!! Cheers guys, you've been ace.
  • Options
    Re: I am fat
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was just after a bit of advice. Basically my trouble is that I can't get any girls, because I'm fat! I've tried dieting and all, but it doesn't seem to do any good. Any advice?

Um .. what do you want us to say? Obviously you haven't tried hard enough and a defeatist attitude won't help either. And perhaps if the girls you choose are all slim little Britney look-a-likes, then you probably will be disappointed.

Seems harsh I know but life is unfair ...
  • Options
    I've just looked up some great exercise tips on the web. As from tomorrow I am a new man!!! Cheers guys, you've been ace.

Why tomorrow? Why not now?

Never put off for tomorrow what you can do now.
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I need to work out more, and I guess it'll help if I went for more average (ie ugly) looking chicks. I do need a dose of reality, thanks for the reality check. I guess I shouldn't be picky, as I've never had sex before. I'm just gonna try for whoever'll have me.
  • Options
    What kind of food do you eat? how much? and how often?

Ilora x
  • Options
    Too much too often I guess. Something to work on
  • Options
    Right, I reckon I'll get a flaming but if you want to lose weight my plan is as follows:

1) atkins diet: do this for no more than 4 weeks - but stick to it stricly. Lay off the carbs and get down to your ideal weight. By sticking to it for a short time you'll lose the weight without doing too much damage.
    2) this is the important part - keeping the weight off. This part of the diet is slightly more conventional - regular exercise, heating healthily etc. Try to do regular exercise every day - no exuses whatsoever. The excercise should become more easier with the weight already lost. A good idea would be to team up with a mate or join some kind of sports club - this would make you actually do the excercise rather than say "oh i'll do it 2moro" and so on.

If you do not lose enough weight in the 4 weeks of being on the diet you could stay on it a little longer but its extremely important not to stay on it too long ! By staying on it your cholesterol will build up meaning you will have an unhealthy heart and would also mean you cannot play sports easily.

Hope that helps, any problems or questions or anything feel free to PM me Busey, and any1 else for that matter
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I need to work out more, and I guess it'll help if I went for more average (ie ugly) looking chicks. I do need a dose of reality, thanks for the reality check. I guess I shouldn't be picky, as I've never had sex before. I'm just gonna try for whoever'll have me.

Just a note there, Average chicks arnt ugly man, I can assure you from experance they are you best first girlfirends. As long as you get to know a person mentally you will get to them physically as well.

Best advice i can offer is something people tell me to get rid of. When i said i was fat, i was, and i kept that mentality, this in my mind allowed me to keep the weight off. "Do i want that macca's nah, ill go to subway ;-)" Subway is the best!
  • Options
    Yeah, well maybe I need to go for ugly women. I can't see myself getting laid otherwise, and I need to get my first time over with whatever.
  • Options
    oh my god
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    oh my god
    +Shock Horror
  • Options
    well it's true, I've considered going to a prossie, but it's just too daunting
  • Options
    Hiya
    First off, you should lose weight becuase YOU want to, not because other people do. Second off, your health should come first which means 1) you should probably lose some weight but 2) do it slowly and sensibly. This means no faddy diets like Atkins - you'll only put everything back on again.
    Exercise is an absolute must - start small with wlaking and build up as you get fitter. Take a lookie here for loads of useful features.
    Start by cutting all the extra junk food out of your diet then when your body has adjusted to that, take a goopd look at what you are eating. The key is to have a balanced det that fills you up ad gives you all the nutrients you need. Make sure all your food groups are represented.
    Look here for lots of health and diet features.

Good luck!
    :)
  • Options
    I think lots of people are generalising here a bit too much. Firstly (and this is all just opinion) no one is actually UGLY..unless man u look like a hairy leper...:D but anyay, if what you're looking for is a proper relationship then chances are the average pretty girl is best for that as Sambo said. Beautiful blonde bomshells are mostly likely to mess you around and basically go...argh..or not go for you... BUT then again, if she happens to be looking for some one 'special' then you being fat or not really isn't going to make a difference. I liked this bloke once and he was...more than chubby...but I didn't make a move 'cuz I was afraid he didn't like me! And :rolleyes: am not that ugly... Anyway, but if you're looking to simply release your sexual fustration on anyone that'll come your way as you said, then , no offense, you have the problem, that's just treating people the way you think they're treating you - and that'll get you no relationship! Ok, enough lecture, sorry. About your weight, try not worrying too much about "I must lose weight", just say to yourself than you need to start exercising because of your health! 'Cuz it is a health issue. As an easy additional help, you should try to drink at least 2 litres of water everyday - I did than (with no other diet or exercise) and lost 3Kg's in 3 months, just by drinking. So if you add this with exercise and healthy food, it's a good start.

Good luck mate!
  • Options
    well it's true, I've considered going to a prossie, but it's just too daunting

its not that what made me say oh my god.

its the fact that you are steriotyping people by the way they look.

Just because you find yourself unattractive it doesnt mean you can only shag someone who you find unattractive.
    Everyone has their own opinion of what is and is not attractive, most people seeing the brain as the most attractive feature, with an attitude like yours chances are nobody will like you as a person
  • Options
    Re: Re: I am fat
    Originally posted by Teagan
    if the girls you choose are all slim little Britney look-a-likes, then you probably will be disappointed.

Seems harsh I know but life is unfair ...

I don't agree with that, thin people dont all go for thin people & fat people don't all go with fat people.

As for advise for Buseyfan, i think you need to do a little growing up before you go looking for a girl. Losing your virginity isn't a race you know!
This discussion has been closed.