Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shot the Battyboy

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't you think that deleting the post is rather disingenuous? Why not just edit it and make it clear that it was MT posting?
  • Options
    Yeah but it should not have been there in the first place, i felt it to be quite right, the fact that i am making an apology for something that is not my fault and for something that should not be there in the fisrt place!

Oh no thats just me being a mug again showing people a weak side of me.

Just be thankful i am saying sorry FULLSTOP!

i will make sure that i am perfect everytime i think, or even breathe!
  • Options
    eh? :confused: Not having a go at you, but I think that MT should stand by what he posted, or at least explain what he meant.
  • Options
    leave her alone blagsta, it was my cock-up. lets just say andi peters (childrens bbc late 80's ) would have buju banton frothing at the mouth!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    eh? :confused: Not having a go at you, but I think that MT should stand by what he posted, or at least explain what he meant.

I am sure he will, but not under my name, if i do not agree with a point, i would rather not have it against my name, if someone does not like the post it is my fault i am not happy with that.

But like i said i will have to make sure no one posts under my name, i will just have to sign out everytime i use it!

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    leave her alone blagsta, it was my cock-up. lets just say andi peters (childrens bbc late 80's ) would have buju banton frothing at the mouth!

I'm not having a go at her, I've made that quite clear.
    I agree with what you say in this post, but the way you originally said it wasn't very nice.
  • Options
    While we're talking about gay rights, can we discuss the way that gay people in the UK aren't allowed to give blood? Even if they have not had any unsafe sex ever? It seems completely crazy especially when there is a great need for blood donors now and they are turning away all these people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Agrofrog
    While we're talking about gay rights, can we discuss the way that gay people in the UK aren't allowed to give blood? Even if they have not had any unsafe sex ever? It seems completely crazy especially when there is a great need for blood donors now and they are turning away all these people.

they cant ask you if your gay!

theyve stopped previous recipients giving blood due to chances of vCJD which are minimal and depsite the fact previous blood recipients are the biggest donors
  • Options
    Originally posted by Agrofrog

Idiot.

The simple fact is that homosexuals are at much higher risk of contracting either HIV or Hepatitis B. Quite rightly the National Blood Service feel that accepting the blood from homsexuals is too high a risk- there is no such thing as safe sex.

In Melbourne five years ago a five-year-old girl died from a contaminated blood transfusion. Do you want to go and tell the parents of that girl that the NBS are being homophobic for minimising risk?
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    they cant ask you if your gay!

theyve stopped previous recipients giving blood due to chances of vCJD which are minimal and depsite the fact previous blood recipients are the biggest donors

Its true, you can't give blood if you are gay. Which is crap IMO.
    Seeing as the greatest rise in HIV infections is in the heterosexual population at the moment (iirc).
  • Options
    Its true, you can't give blood if you are gay. Which is crap IMO.
    Seeing as the greatest rise in HIV infections is in the heterosexual population at the moment (iirc).

The rise of STDs in heterosexuals is shooting up, that's true.

It's unfortunate that the NBS cannot screen better, but I have to support the NBS because gay people (and women who have slept with men who have slept with men) do carry a risk, and in terms of blood transfusions any risk is too high a risk.

It isn't homophobia, because prostitutes and those who inject themselves with drugs cannot donate either. It's risk assessment, like with the ban on those who have received donations since 1983, and anybody who decries the NBS for taking risk assessment is a fool.
  • Options
    Its a basic human emotion that we are all capable of. To deny it is to deny basic humanity. Thats the problem I have with your views - you don't seem to recognise that people have emotions.
    I find that quite disturbing.

What is the relevance of basic 'human emotions' here??
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    What is the relevance of basic 'human emotions' here??

I'm flummoxed really. Don't you think love is a basic human emotion? :confused: :eek:
  • Options
    i think sole liber is trying to say that even if people do love, not everyone has a right to love whom they want...

he's being awkwad basically
  • Options
    Nope, I said that a 'right to love' is simply a moral right.

Tell me ANY nation in the world which grants its citizens a 'right to love'?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It isn't homophobia, because prostitutes and those who inject themselves with drugs cannot donate either. It's risk assessment, like with the ban on those who have received donations since 1983, and anybody who decries the NBS for taking risk assessment is a fool.
    And it's not like they say, "are you questioning your sexuality?", they specifically need to know if you've been taking part in activities that increase your risk of carrying disease. For men, sleeping with other men increases their risk of disease. Simple as.
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    And it's not like they say, "are you questioning your sexuality?", they specifically need to know if you've been taking part in activities that increase your risk of carrying disease. For men, sleeping with other men increases their risk of disease. Simple as.

But at the moment the amount of heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS is more than the amount of homosexuals with HIV/AIDS.

The national blood bank discounts gay people even if they have not practised any forms of unsafe sex AT ALL. Whereas with heterosexual people they are allowed if they have practised safe sex. Explain the difference to me.

I myself have never slept with a man and have never practised unsafe sex(of the other kind) but I am not allowed to give blood. How is this right?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Um, why aren't you allowed to give blood? I can't see any reason to disqualify you on what you just mentioned.

Question 11:
    Are you a man who has had oral or anal sex with another man(even if you used a condom)?
    (yes to the former no to the later and yes i did use a condom)

Thank you for your time but it seems you are not able to give blood.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by mixinmusic
    I think everyone has the right to their own opinion. Religion cites homosexuality as wrong and people in their own country have the right to implement their religious laws in the laws governing the land. Who gives us the right to impose our morality on their country?
    I look forward to hearing your utter and total condemnation of Britain and America's war against the Taliban.
    For it is the liberals who scorn against the invasion of Iraq to set free the peoples under the oppression of Saddam, yet it is also the liberals who scorn at other religious practises in the world and yet enshrine the freedom of religion in our laws.
    But then again the 'liberals' (whoever they are) and the rest of us don't advocate waging illegal wars on every regime/religion we disagree with.

The invasion of Iraq has so far cost the lives of nearly 40,000 people. Protesting against homophobic lyrics has cost no lives I can think of. Are you seriously comparing the two? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    So gays are not allowed to give blood, is that a real problem in their life. Nor can ppl on certain prescription drugs

Aids was in US/UKmainly a gay ilness, that's changing, NHS should err on side of caution not worry on hurt feelings of a tiny number of gays who feel prejudiced against
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    So gays are not allowed to give blood, is that a real problem in their life. Nor can ppl on certain prescription drugs

Aids was in US/UKmainly a gay ilness, that's changing, NHS should err on side of caution not worry on hurt feelings of a tiny number of gays who feel prejudiced against
    Precisely. I can't give blood 'cos I'm asthmatic and on steroids and it does bug me but it doesn't damage my life, and frankly it stops me ruining someone else's! The NHS/NBS are being careful and fair play to them for that.
  • Options
    Get your facts right: the Taliban has never attacked the USA- or any other nation for that matter.

And one thing is to condemn what we perceive as wrong, and another is to wage a WAR, which is the single biggest atrocity any human being/people could unleash on another, to "correct" their sense of morals.

Can't you really tell the difference?
  • Options
  • Options
    J; I understand you had a nasty experience. But if I said I'd had sex with a woman 10 years my senior and it felt wrong, therefore all hetrosexual relationships are wrong, would that not be spurious logic.

You had a bad experience, that does not mean that all homosexual relationships are 'wrong'.

I ask again, what difference does it make to YOU whether I go to bed with a man or woman?
  • Options
    Blagsta

Incitement to violence noted

You won't be missed

In an NHS queue, eh, wonder who's in front of you
    Piss off you boring idiot.
  • Options
    Blagsta

Incitement to violence noted

Where have I incited violence? :confused:

Bit rich anyway, coming from an inciter of racial hatred.
    In an NHS queue, eh, wonder who's in front of you

People who were referred before me probably. You got a problem with that?
  • Options
    Get a fucking dictionary you moron.
  • Options
    So the West invaded Afganistan to start a war and change the morals of that country and remove the Taliban rulers

So the Taliban were repressive. So what?

THAT is no excuse to attack them. The US attacked them because they were harbouring terrorists.