Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Flip Flops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want a nice pair of flip flops for the summer, any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    USC - FCUK - only glanced today but they looked nice.
  • Options
    Quicksilver.
  • Options
    yeh, comfy flip flops...anyone know of some nice ones that are comfy but not beachy flip flops?
  • Options
    Do comfy ones exist? :crazyeyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix

I should think so, but I imagine most shoes with a tiny leather thing between your toes might cause some discomfort; especially in the hot weather.
  • Options
    GAP!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    GAP!

Yeaaah! I still have my black ones. Can't wait to wear them with a denim mini and tiny black tee! Soooo summery :D
  • Options

:yes:

I have 2 pairs of Kurt Geiger ones from House of Fraser, they were about £15 - £20 and are very comfy!
  • Options
    GAP!

yip i got a really comfy pair there last summer!
  • Options
    i got mine from asda....£3 and they are gorgeous :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i got mine from asda....£3 and they are gorgeous :D

but are they comfy?!

i have a pair of flip flops from faith; they've got a butterfly on them with beads on and stuff. :love:
  • Options
    TopShop and Fat Face both have nice flip-flop style sandals.
  • Options
    I'm just thrown by the time you posted ^^^ earlyness!!!!
    Oh yeh and mine are DC:D and Buffalo:D And them some cheapy ones :D:heart:flip flops
  • Options
    i've seen those oriental style ones with the wicker soles in primark, and i think they were in asda too. for £2! can't go wrong.

i may pick myself up a pair while i am in wakey today.
  • Options
    As I walked past Dolcies the other day i saw some nice ones, i got some from there last year and they were comfy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    but are they comfy?!

• Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman

good. :thumb:
  • Options
    no no no - i tried flip flops again in that mini heatwave we had recenjtly but they hurt, and fly off your feet hitting other people. I'm just going to have to splash out on some new reefs.
  • Options
    I can`t get past the image flip flops had when I was younger, when they were bought from Woolies and worn only by old men and small children on the beach, or fat women with gnarly feet. *shudder* In those days espadrilles were what we wore.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I can`t get past the image flip flops had when I was younger, when they were bought from Woolies and worn only by old men and small children on the beach, or fat women with gnarly feet. *shudder* In those days espadrilles were what we wore.

If it's any help I can tell you that they'll be back in style this summer or the next :p
  • Options
    If it's any help I can tell you that they'll be back in style this summer or the next :p

Great!! I didn`t keep them for nothing then. ;):p
  • Options
    Actually you can get some pretty nice ones.

http://espadrillesetc.com/

Edited to say: Jinkies! I don`t remember paying that much for them. :eek:
  • Options
    Jelly sandals. :(

:heart:

...or whatever they're called.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    Jelly sandals. :(

:heart:

...or whatever they're called.

I LOVED them!!! Never had any til I was 10, then the only ones we could find had heels, so my mam HAD to let me get them, and I felt so grown up :D They were purple and sparkly, I lurved them.

Kids nowadays always have high heels :( They'll ruin their feet, yer know... you can barely even find flat shoes for little girls!
  • Options
    I LOVED them!!! Never had any til I was 10, then the only ones we could find had heels, so my mam HAD to let me get them, and I felt so grown up :D They were purple and sparkly, I lurved them.

Kids nowadays always have high heels :( They'll ruin their feet, yer know... you can barely even find flat shoes for little girls!

haha, back in your day eh. ;)

i never had ones with heels. :o

...actually, i might have done...
  • Options

:shake: it's been proven that heals don't ruin feet. :d I was so happy when I read that. Can say for the past 15/16 years I've hardly worn anything but heals and there's certainly nowt wrong with my feet. and my mum's worn em for prob about 35 - 40 years and hers are fine as well. Just her leg muscles pull now whn she has flat shoes on cos she's not used to em :s

I still can't find any flip flops I like this year though and mine from last year fell apart on me on holiday. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    no no no - i tried flip flops again in that mini heatwave we had recenjtly but they hurt, and fly off your feet hitting other people. I'm just going to have to splash out on some new reefs.
    I love my flip-flops. They are the most comfy shoes I own. But I've had a couple of more expensive pairs that hurt. My Gisele Bundchen ones were gorgeous but gave me blisters. Maybe you just had a pair that didn't suit your feet.
  • Options
    i've got skechers ones that i think i picked up in tkmaxx and theyre the only ones i own that i'll wear. soooo comfy.

my mams just got some birkenstocks and they're really comfy but she's got fungally toes :yuck: so i dont think i'll be nicking them!
  • Options
    BIRKENSTOCKS! Why has no one mentioned them yet? They're so comfy, and they last really well - £30. Bargain :D

TopShop actually have some nice ones. The ones that are uncomfortable are the ones that are either wooden, with a heavy heel, or hard plastic. Steer clear of them, all the others are comfy! I got a great pair last year from Topshop for £15 (Even more bargainous) and their still going this Summer, they're rainbow colours...So cute! And yah, Gap have some nice ones too, I'm liking the simple styles :thumb:
  • Options
    Why is everyone naming the most expensive flip-flops they can?

My most comfy ones were cheap-as-chips! Actually they were cheaper than chips. When compared to a small portion of McDonalds chips I mean.