Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How did you find thesite?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just from the thread on old members, I was wondering how did everyone stumble across thesite? Or is it well broadcast in the Uk or that?

I got an E-mail with drugs boy or beer boy as an attchment and just went noseying aroudn in it from there, and still havent found what ever I was looking for ha ha

Comments

• Options
    I was one of the Liv4now crew. :(
  • Options
    there was an article in the sunday times i think... discussing various sites along the same kinda 'teen angst' theme, i guess i tried them all
    (as i remember, they dissed thesite, complaining that they used the word 'bullshit' as if to say 'ooh, i'm hard'..... as if)
  • Options
    www.google.com
    search for: "teenage support uk"
    loadsa crap links
    THESITE :D

and thats how the world was created. amen.
  • Options
    i can't remember.. i think i did a search on a certain topic and it brought me here.
  • Options
    I found it on September 12th the day after the planes crashed into the world trade centre.

Just wanted to chat to other people about it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    I found it on September 12th the day after the planes crashed into the world trade centre.

Just wanted to chat to other people about it!

says you registered on the 20th :chin: which colloborates (made up word i think) your story.
  • Options
    i was sent a link to a problem in sex. I dnt know what one it was but i know i was laughing for ages. Then i left for about 6 months. Then i came back when my ex read my diary and i wanted you all to make me feel better by saying he was all in the wrong.
    Didnt work tho.....i was just as much in the wrong.
  • Options
    mate...i used to take this piss out off this place :$
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite

Lmao! now look at you post count! your just as bad as us! Mwhahahaha!
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Icy Aphrodite

but now it is your life. how the pisser becomes the pissee! I just formed a dependent bond with it, such that if it was gone I'd feel bored. Thesite is actually a hobby for me! I'm so sad :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    but now it is your life. how the pisser becomes the pissee! I just formed a dependent bond with it, such that if it was gone I'd feel bored. Thesite is actually a hobby for me! I'm so sad :)

it is not my life love...
  • Options
    As I've said before, it was on a sheet I found on a shelf at the careers office at college (whilst supremely bored by man wittering on at me) It suggested thesite as a useful advice site, and then I found the forums, started chatting (esp to a few people, no longer around, who gave me advice about Oxford) and thus became a (very erratic in posting) member
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Through a search for drugs on google (how else:)). Found the drug forum and I've been trying to escape this asylum ever since.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i have no idea how i found it. however i wish i could take that first day back and never have found it :p
  • Options
    I did I search in Google for something - can't remember what it was for and it brought me to here and just found myself coming back on this site for other information, etc. :D
  • Options
    via conextions when i was sucidal and in dire need of help in september.
  • Options
    I was on Boltblue and this man came walking across the page, (one of the drugs ones i think) and i ignored it a few times and then i just thought hey il click him and see what it is, and hey presto! lol.
  • Options
    I came her to take sides in an argument on here between my real life friends... and kinda stayed after i made my point...
  • Options
    I came over from liv4now, and just sort of stayed.
  • Options
    God Bless NTL Homepage :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

You mean you just sort of hijacked our bloody board. Bloody imigrants. :p
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    From here I was into doing competitions alot. It took me to thesite homepage i think & something stood out and i took a look. Must have liked what i found :D.
  • Options
    From a link on the start-up page on my uni computers. Lurked for a while, and then just started posting regularly. this was my best thread I think, but alas it has been lost to history... :(
  • Options
    It's really weird how many lives came together on that one day. While you were all talking about it here, I would've been in America going past NY about a day or 2 after it happened. It's a small world really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble

I came from there too, but not many people know that :p

I just nosed about for a bit then buggered off, then I came back again to use the main pages when I was doing some research for uni stuff then I buggered off again. Then when I finished uni I was really bored and came on for a nose about, registered and got kidnapped by the mods! I still haven't managed to escape :(
  • Options
    well, i'd just split up with my ex (v mean horrible blokey :mad: ) and was looking for some advice about something very untrue he told me.

searched on yahoo and thesite advice pages came up in results, i've had a few months off but i've been here ever since!
  • Options
    I typed in thesite.com to see if it existed, and MSN helpfully suggested theSite.org... so here I am.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    friend sent me the link.
  • Options
    it was mentioned on a message board on a site i used to visit www.asos.com or www.asseenonscreen.com it was at the time.
  • Options
    someone sent me a link to the purity test, or some test.

then i noticed there were boards. i was then hanging about on a site where they were mostly american, so it was nice to chat to some brits for a change.