Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Treason

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What about free speech?

I'm all for free speech but preaching hate is going to far. If I stand in Leister Squre saying it's ok to kill non Christians or non white people then I would be nicked as quick as. If people want to keep an eye on Hamza then they should do in his own country and not in mine when I am paying for him to preach his vile filth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    what about Scotlands flag then?

Same goes for that.
  • Options
    not very patriotic are you? are you Scottish?

I like my Country, I respect it, and I love it's past. But a flag is a flag. It, in no way, repressents how I feel.
  • Options
    but it makes me sick to see him in my country!

Tough shit. Theres fuck all you can do about it.
  • Options
    okey cokey! next weekend i'll go to leicester or bradford and burn the pakistani flag. no-one will mind, it's only a bit of cloth with colours on it , and in any case im exercising my freedom of speech.
  • Options
    personally im sure the majority of people who are or claim to be muslim find him a joke on how hypocritical some of his views are...

and if he is seen to be wanted by the yemen government why dont we deport him

and it isnt the burning of the flag, its what it represent, it isnt having a go at the government it has having a go at the country and what the country isfounded upon
    but it is free speech, but we dont have free speech in this country if i went into central london organising a random march in some kind of uniform saying how the nazis were good and that nazi germany is what we should aim to be to achieve a pure society i could be arrested quite easily by the police so we dont have free speech and therefore he shuld just be sent off to yemen where im sure theyll treat him well
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Define "non british".

hmm i not one to make comments like this normally but someone who says how evil and bad this country and west is yet still wants to live here, and be paid by the state for doing, id say doesnt deserve to be british....

if he likes having a go at tony balir... good for him tho
  • Options
    exactly... I'll join you along with millions of english.

Yawn.

Troll.
  • Options
    what nationalioty are you?

It says British on my passport.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    If they really are keeping an eye on him then surely it's better the Devil you know...?

The point that I've made twice and been ignored by Luke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Major Tom
    okey cokey! next weekend i'll go to leicester or bradford and burn the pakistani flag. no-one will mind, it's only a bit of cloth with colours on it , and in any case im exercising my freedom of speech.

Go ahead. :)
  • Options
    so you dont think i would be arrested for inciting racial/ religious hatred?
  • Options
    I don't know. Try it and see. :)
  • Options
    No not at all, the Pakistani flag doesn't represent a religion or race, just a country.
  • Options
    i wouldn't dream of doing something that offensive and savage, you could say the easiest thing would be to ignore the lunatics; dont give them the attention they crave, but in the current climate i think that is no longer an option.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Because he stood in Finsbury park burning the Union Jack and saying how much he hates England and the west.

I know this sounds kinda harsh... but it goes for anybody living in this country.

If you hate it, move out! :mad:
  • Options
    i will never sing the national anthem.

'God save our gratious queen, long live our knoble queen,
    God Save the queen'

what has that got to do with a modern and democratic british state?

It is a personal hymn of worship directed at a single individual, it is totally irrelevant us.

How about the national anthem from Human Traffic?

Seriously, citizenship lessons, language yeah, make people aware of their constitutional obligations and rights, but for god sake dont make them pledge allegiance to the fucking monarchy.

Its not like i hate the queen as a person (i cant judge her i've never met her :) ) although i do hate the imperialist past which the monarchy represents.

They are irrlevent to modern british society.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    if i went into central london organising a random march in some kind of uniform saying how the nazis were good and that nazi germany is what we should aim to be to achieve a pure society i could be arrested quite easily by the police

It's a criminal offence for a political party to have any sort of uniform.
    So yes, you'd get arrested :p

I know what you're saying, it's double standards. The sooner someone goes up to Mr Hamza, calls him a wanker and starts burning the crescent flag of Islam or the national flag of Egypt (thats where he's from) the better, teach him how it feels to have his country or beliefs go up in flames before his eyes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    It's a criminal offence for a political party to have any sort of uniform.
    Really? I didn't know that...

Hold on a second... What about the Tories with their pinstriped suits? Surely that's a uniform. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    i will never sing the national anthem.

'God save our gratious queen, long live our knoble queen,
    God Save the queen'

what has that got to do with a modern and democratic british state?

It is a personal hymn of worship directed at a single individual, it is totally irrelevant us.

How about the national anthem from Human Traffic?

Seriously, citizenship lessons, language yeah, make people aware of their constitutional obligations and rights, but for god sake dont make them pledge allegiance to the fucking monarchy.

Its not like i hate the queen as a person (i cant judge her i've never met her :) ) although i do hate the imperialist past which the monarchy represents.

They are irrlevent to modern british society.

i totally agree the 'national' anthem is totally out of date. Time for a new one methinks. I say 'national' because well it's the English anthem, yet it is what is used to represent Britain. I have never got that. I mean in the 2nd verse doesnt go on about "Crushing Scots":eek2: mmm national unity.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Really? I didn't know that...

Hold on a second... What about the Tories with their pinstriped suits? Surely that's a uniform. :D

Surely you remember the wolly jumper get together they had under Major (or was it Hague, I don't know, all these Tory leaders blurr into one after a while...)...

It used to be a Lib Dem uniform to wear tweed jackets with leather patches on the elbow. Also, to have a beard and drink "Real Ale". Apparently...
  • Options
    Oh, and treason requires action against the State, not just the sitting Government.

It is possible, that by signing the Maastrict Treaty the then PM - John Major - committed treason because it gave some rights of the state away...
  • Options
    The wooly jumper meeting I'm pretty sure was under Major, still remember the photoshoot, what a classic :lol:

My favourite Major moment was the speech about old ladies cycling to church and warm beer, MoK you must remember that one!!!

On another note seeing as the Tories have been loud in calling for a referendum on the EU constituion can anyone remember the result of the one we had on Maastricht my memory fails me...