Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Gender Equality is a load of bollocks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why is gender equality so fucked up?

Before I start, all of this thread is about what happens in society in general, rather than specifics. So no-one say "Oooh, but I'm not like that", because it's not the point.

Anyway. For example.

Why is it OK for girls to sit there on dates, while the guy has to shell out his hard earned on paying for her to be seen as being a gentleman? It's a load of bollocks, girls who don't so much as offer to pay on dates are really, really cheap.

The whole thing about dates seems to be that it's geared towards the guy having to impress/treat the girl, which IMHO is wrong.

And another thing. Take women who go on and on about how they like muscely men/men with a big cock, whatever. Why is it seen as acceptable and OK for this to happen, whereas if a man expresses a preference for stick thin girls, or girls with perfect tits/arse/whatever, he gets absolutely bollocked down for it? Look at Sex And The City, what a load of sexist claptrap that was :mad:

Like I say, it's more a general rant at society, than individual cases, because I know everyone is different, and I know that men and women will never be "equal".

And don't give me this bull about "Ohh men have had it their own way for too long, now the women are on top!", because anyone who thinks that should be shot in the face :mad:

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    hmm thing is, sex and the city its only a programme...

I agree with you on the whole paying for a date thing. And if the man does pay, then the woman should pay next time or whatever.

Its definatly true though that men go on looks more than women....either that or its all an ego thing with their mates
  • Options
    debate is a few more forums down love

yes! that's the first time i've ever bothered to do that! n i couldnt have picked a better person ;)
  • Options
    so why is it ok that on average, men still get paid more than women for doing the same job?

how come a man can sleep around, but if a woman does, she's easy?

the mistake that people make when they think about gender equality is to think that men and women should be treated exactly the same. they shouldn't. they're not the same. they should be treated equally, with a bit of give and take on either side.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    yes! that's the first time i've ever bothered to do that! n i couldnt have picked a better person ;)

In that case, lets just chcuk the "OMFG WOT DOES EVERYBODY FINK WAS THE BEST EASTER EGG!!!!1111!!" thread in there too, shall we :p

Typical bloody woman, avoiding the question ;)

And to the other person, SATC isn't only a programme, apparently. It's like, oh my god, such an important sign that womenj today are, like, so much more empowered than women of yesterday :rolleyes:

Not to mention all these cocktail bars you see in Glasgow and Edinburgh, filled to the brim with women with absolutely no morals whatsoever.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    And to the other person, SATC isn't only a programme, apparently. It's like, oh my god, such an important sign that womenj today are, like, so much more empowered than women of yesterday :rolleyes:

I have a name
    Not to mention all these cocktail bars you see in Glasgow and Edinburgh, filled to the brim with women with absolutely no morals whatsoever.

dunno what ur on about :confused:
  • Options
    In that case, lets just chcuk the "OMFG WOT DOES EVERYBODY FINK WAS THE BEST EASTER EGG!!!!1111!!" thread in there too, shall we :p

Typical bloody woman, avoiding the question ;)

ok i'll be un-typical!

it works both ways, in some instances women have more equality and vice versa. I wont sit on a date and be expected to be paid for and I always offer to pay my way and I will go to the bar etc Hell I always got to buy the first drink but it's nice if he says "no, let me get these". It's nice to be treated and it's nice to be made special. If they're worth their salt they will want to do the same for you. Guess you're just picking skanks!
  • Options
    i'm on my way ...
  • Options
    Sorry, I couldn't be arsed checking back for your name. I do apologise, and I hope God has mercy on my soul :p
  • Options
    Sorry, I couldn't be arsed checking back for your name. I do apologise, and I hope God has mercy on my soul :p

I asked him, he doesnt
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    I asked him, he doesnt

oh God's a he now is he/she/it ?:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    it works both ways, in some instances women have more equality and vice versa. I wont sit on a date and be expected to be paid for and I always offer to pay my way and I will go to the bar etc Hell I always got to buy the first drink but it's nice if he says "no, let me get these". It's nice to be treated and it's nice to be made special. If they're worth their salt they will want to do the same for you. Guess you're just picking skanks!

Yup, I always seem to attract the wrong ones.

Of course it's nice to be treated. I'll be honest, I was out the other weekend, and some guy kept plying me with drinks, probably with the intention of getting a shag, Then when he didn't get one, I felt cheap and disgusted with myself, because if I saw a girl doing that to a guy, I know I'd think she was cheap too.

It's the women who don't pay theit way, and the once who think that just because you asked them out, that you should pay for them, they're the ones who piss me off :mad:
  • Options
    Backing up what Kaffrin said - The more men brag about the number of girls they've slept with, the more 'manly' they feel infront of their friends. Yet, if a girl sleeps with the same number, shes a slag, a get-around.

Theres bound to be things men will pick up on and say "Hey, thats not fair, if we do this, we get called sexist..." etc, and vice versa. It's the way society works. 'Equal Rights' doesnt necessarily mean equal rights for the same situations.
  • Options
    Originally posted by solid_L
    oh God's a he now is he/she/it ?:p

he's a he. i looked
  • Options
    Gotta agree. The whole equality thing has gone way too far - especially as you say the people who say that women are on top after all the time of bias towards men - lets punish the next generations of men who had fuck all to do with it instead then? :|

Sex and the city is a completely shite program in the way that it attempts to make women the exact mirror of men - both sexes have their traits, theres a reason they 2 genders have their differences.
  • Options
    2 be honest i couldnt care less what other people do like who pays for everything or who does the housework, but i think men and women should be given equal oppurtunities in society and get paid the same
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    - both sexes have their traits, theres a reason they 2 genders have their differences.
    well yes ...i'd love to see someone dissagree with that ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well yes ...i'd love to see someone dissagree with that ...

You seem to spend 75% of your time picking up on bits of posts and taking them out of context :p
  • Options
    Sex and the city is a completely shite program in the way that it attempts to make women the exact mirror of men - both sexes have their traits, theres a reason they 2 genders have their differences.
    that's not true though!
    yes one woman is a man whore but then there's a hopeless romantic, a cynic and a commitment-a-phobe.
    they don't all sleep around, only one of them did.

men really seem to hate this programme. i remember ian wright going on about it at the end of the series how the show makes women want to be empowered or some crap. it also turns out he didn't even watch one fooking episode.
  • Options

And to the other person, SATC isn't only a programme, apparently. It's like, oh my god, such an important sign that womenj today are...

...ugly, 50 year old slags who sit around and drink coffee all day? When they're not getting fucked by a guy who they wouldn't have a fucking hope of pulling in real life, that is.
  • Options
    Well, what about you blokes that seem to think women are just good for sex and housework? It works both ways, we could be here forever dicussing the in/equality of it all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Well, what about you blokes that seem to think women are just good for sex and housework? It works both ways, we could be here forever dicussing the in/equality of it all.

Thats a jokey thing :p
  • Options
    Thats a jokey thing :p
    But oh so many of them are serious, boy. :p
  • Options
    You seem to spend 75% of your time picking up on bits of posts and taking them out of context :p
    sshhhhh ...
  • Options

Theres bound to be things men will pick up on and say "Hey, thats not fair, if we do this, we get called sexist..." etc, and vice versa. It's the way society works. 'Equal Rights' doesnt necessarily mean equal rights for the same situations.

Yes.

From my point of view though, the way I live my life, it all seems fucked up. I don't sleep around, I don't believe in it. No-one at the same level as me at work earns any more than me, whatever sex they are.

What I mean is, none of this other shit is relevant to me, what is relevant to me is women who want big, strong men, and women who don't pay their way on dates. that's my reality, and that's why it's relevant to me.

Like Doofay said, none of this shit women keep bringing up about how women are hittting back, is relevant to anyone, other than that Germaine Greer creature and her sort :mad:
  • Options
    everyone has different tastes! whereas i only go for 'big strong men' (i have a thing for muscles :yum: ) other girls would thing thats ugly and prefer skinny guys!
    i don't see your point?

and for the record, i go double dutch.
  • Options
    that Germaine Greer creature and her sort :mad:
    her sort! i was hoping she was unique ...
  • Options

While we're on the subject, why do women like men to be old fashioned when it comes to paying on dates and making THEM feel special, but when it comes to shutting the fuck up, doing the housework, and making sure dinner was on the table on time, oh that's just not on anymore? :mad:
  • Options
    While we're on the subject, why do women like men to be old fashioned when it comes to paying on dates and making THEM feel special, but when it comes to shutting the fuck up, doing the housework, and making sure dinner was on the table on time, oh that's just not on anymore? :mad:
    you wear a kilt don't you ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    everyone has different tastes! whereas i only go for 'big strong men' (i have a thing for muscles :yum: ) other girls would thing thats ugly and prefer skinny guys!
    i don't see your point?

Fair enough, I only go for skinny girls with nice tits (can't be done with any of that flab anywhere, it's repulsive) :p

If I said that, I would get flamed to high heaven.

You must see my point, just as some girls have trauma over their bodies, sometimes men are the same. Only they don't talk about it as much, actually they take the piss out of themselves (the beer belly thing, builders bum, etc)

Now if a girl said "Euch, builders bum", it'd go by unnoticed. but if a guy said "Euch, she's got the arse of an elephant", fingers would be pointed.

Comprendez? :p
  • Options
    Fair enough, I only go for skinny girls with nice tits (can't be done with any of that flab anywhere, it's repulsive) :p

If I said that, I would get flamed to high heaven.

You must see my point, just as some girls have trauma over their bodies, sometimes men are the same. Only they don't talk about it as much, actually they take the piss out of themselves (the beer belly thing, builders bum, etc)

Now if a girl said "Euch, builders bum", it'd go by unnoticed. but if a guy said "Euch, she's got the arse of an elephant", fingers would be pointed.

Comprendez? :p
    i wouldn't go mad because if i was a bloke i'd only go for skinny girls with nice tits too! (oh and a tight arse :p)
    i often make comments about fat and get slammed for it. but im shallow. so fucking what.