Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bongbudda Vs. TalktoFrank Vol. 3

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doofay; I can certainly pull strings to encompass you, I wouldnt grass if I were you, its for the best mate.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Nope, Susie is away too. So its an empty threat. And what Bong said. Like I said Bong, I think you would be a great dictator.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Nope, Susie is away too.

They haven't left you in charge have they??!?!?! :p
  • Options
    Not likely :lol:
  • Options
    >:| Beaten by mob rule :(
    As is life...
  • Options
    You could at least concede gracefully........
  • Options
    Actually, i think before conceeding i shall draft letters to the appropriate MPs. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Actually, i think before conceeding i shall draft letters to the appropriate MPs. :p

:lol:

So just who is in charge then?
  • Options
    On a slightly more serious note I urge those of you, who like me are intelligent to realise how bad Talk To Frank is to write to their MP's too. Or to Ms. Caroline Flint (Mp for Don Valley) herself.

And Doofay, I'll be having someone keep an eye on you, we dont like grasses around here.

Long live Bong's reign of terror for those against him and joyous loveliness for those sensible enough to be with him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT

So just who is in charge then?

There'll be someone, they have an MP for everything these days :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    On a slightly more serious note I urge those of you, who like me are intelligent to realise how bad Talk To Frank is to write to their MP's too. Or to Ms. Caroline Flint (Mp for Don Valley) herself.

I would write to my local MP, except he's a completely incompetent Labour tosser.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I would write to my local MP, except he's a completely incompetent Labour tosser.
    It's a statutory requirement of the job.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    It's a statutory requirement of the job.

• Options
    Well doing nothing isnt any good is it.

Write to the Home Office, they have ultimate responsibility for this, or Caroline Flint, or email the website directly.

Do something for gods sake, the reason the government does stuff you may not like is because it can afford to ignore you.

My bet is you dont bother to vote, because there is "no-one to vote for", the reason thats the case is because you dont vote.

Why would ANY one in government listen to someone who doesnt vote?!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Well doing nothing isnt any good is it.

Write to the Home Office, they have ultimate responsibility for this, or Caroline Flint, or email the website directly.

Do something for gods sake, the reason the government does stuff you may not like is because it can afford to ignore you.

My bet is you dont bother to vote, because there is "no-one to vote for", the reason thats the case is because you dont vote.

Why would ANY one in government listen to someone who doesnt vote?!!
    I'm not yet old enough to vote bong. When I am, I will certainly be doing so. As a non-drug user, the information on this website doesn't really effect me a great deal, but if the website is protraying the wrong information then it certainly needs to be sorted.
  • Options
    It does effect you.

This cost a lot of public money, thats the money ALL of us give to the government.

So, they are wasting YOUR money on this project.

Also, a kid takes the advice of this website and ends up in hospital, who pays for that, ALL of us.

This crappy advice leads to drug users ignoring any good warnings the government puts out and this in turn leads to more problem drug use. Who pays to have this sorted, ALL of us again.

As a tax payer it is our responsibility to hold the government to account when they waste it.
  • Options
    You make your points very well bong, I'll give you that! :)
  • Options
    This really is very important, the number of deaths from drug use in the UK and this really wont help.

We are facing a situation where more and more people are taking a wider mix of drugs, a lot of the time with alcohol without really understanding the dangers.

Drugs that are termed as recreational are going to kill and seriously injure more and more people unless the education in this country gets a LOT better.
  • Options
    Can you pm what exactly is wrong with the talk to frank thing with like highlighted wrong bits? cos my mp lives like in the next road and my mum is safe with him and stuff so i could get him to help things along. But im not so clued up on whats wrong with it as i dont know as much if anything like you do.

Thanks and i hope i can help.
  • Options
    I refer you to the PMA section;

“PMA is usually a white pressed tablet. They're often underscored, 7mm in diameter and 6mm thick. They weigh about 230mg. Unusually thick compared to ecstasy, they've been nicknamed 'double stacked'.

This is very dangerous advice, there is no way of telling a pills contents by looking at it and to suggest that they are all the same size is very misleading.

Under the GHB section;

“A teaspoon or capful is a normal dose”

This again is very dangerous advice; GHB can be dissolved in very little water with 1ml holding a gram. Therefore to suggest that the dose is a teaspoon, a widely inaccurate measure, could well lead to people over dosing.

However it is the Yabba section that is most alarming;

“Yaba is a derivative of synthetic amphetamines such as speed. But it can be manufactured far more quickly and easily using very simple ingredients and equipment.”

Yabba is a slang term for pills containing methamphetamine and therefore it is not a derivative of amphetamine. Also to comment on the ease of manufacture of such an addictive drug is surely unwise.

“Yaba can be made from a bizarre mix of substances including salt, household cleaning products and lithium from camera batteries.”

This is not only totally untrue it shows a shocking misunderstanding of chemistry. What a substance is made from has little to no impact on the substance itself. Table salt for example can be made from chlorine and sodium, both very nasty chemicals by themselves.

There you go, but dont qoute me word for word.
  • Options
    Right i'll be walking down near his house in a bit so i'll just pop it in the letter box.
  • Options
    PLEASE do not just print that off and give it to him, it will be MUCH more effective if you write your own little letter.

Thank you.