Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My second attempt.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Translating from political slang into human language this means, ‘if you refuse to pay for my toys you should be fined, arrested, jailed, beaten up by prison guard, raped by career criminals and shot if you don’t like this.’
    Pure Stalinism, and I don’t intend to discuss this.

So the NHS, education, libraries etc are toys?
    Doctor Friedman is an anarchist due to his deep understanding of economics

He might be a libetarian, this does not make him an anarchist. An anarcho-capitalist maybe, but this is very different from anarchism.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you know damn well the poor pay taxes!
    and the fifty quid? it doesn't work like that and you know it.
    if everyone started paying what they owe ...there would still be an excuse to take more money off you ...no matter who is in power.
    you can't possibly believe that grassing someone up for not paying the tillerman is going to have the slightest effect on your life.

Yep, the poor tend to pay disproportionatly more than the rich.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Yep, the poor tend to pay disproportionatly more than the rich.
    No no no!
    The poor pay a lot; they don’t pay big income taxes but they pay sale taxes and they pay regressive taxes for smoking, alhogol, petrol and other state-regulated prices. On the other hand they get a lot in form of benefits, free this and free that. On the third hand ( scuseme I as an a descender of aliens may use such expressions) this free stuff has extremely low quality…
    The rich pay the highest progressive tax, they pay for heritage, for property for so called luxury, double price for health care, education their children and other stuff you even don’t know. On the other hand they are closer to politicians so they have more loopholes, excuses, opportunities for bribery so on. On the third hand ( sorry I mean on the third pseudopodia) they in this way put themselves under politicians’ control and being easy victims of blackmail pay in long run more than gain. ( in form of bribes, not taxes of course)
    The Middle Class? Too big theme to discuss…make your own conclusions.
    My conclusion is plain and simple;
    The poor pay more than they gain.
    The rich pay more than they gain.
    The middle class… blah blah blah
  • Options
    I agree that there are a lot of inefficiences and burearacy and the system isn't as fair as it could be.
    What would you replace it with?
  • Options
    Yeah, its all very well saying tax is theft and that you shouldnt pay it etc.

BUT, how would YOU suggest that the police are paid for, or maybe we shouldnt have any?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    BUT, how would YOU suggest that the police are paid for, or maybe we shouldnt have any?
    Yes, we shouldn’t have any!
    The best solution of every problem is market solution. So PDA’s, Private Defensive Agencies. Mr. Sherlock Holmes is much better than Scotland Yard, yes? Plus militia that is armed citizens and complete freedom to own, carry, buy and sell guns.
    I would glad to have an Uzi in my car, a Beretta to carry to college, a rifle ( for burglars), a Kalashnikov ( for tax collectors) and a heavy machinegun ( for activists of any political party) in my home plus a huge old Colt of Wild West style to walk main streets and sit in pubs. Wouldn’t it be amazing? And be honest, you want the same! You just don’t want to admit this.
  • Options
    The best solution of every problem is market solution.

Oh for fucks sake. :rolleyes: The market solution is best for the people at the top. It screws everyone else big time. :mad:
  • Options
    So LabRat, this country would be a much better place if we scrapped tax altogether and replaced the police with a system of totally free trade in weaponry?

Why not remove all law at the same time?

I'm sure society would run really well if there was no law and order at all.

The strong would survive and the weak die, fantastic. Pure Darwinism.
  • Options
    Yes, I know almost everybody thinks that law and order exist only because of government’s efforts. Quite the opposite is true.
    Look at stateless societies like ‘savages’ somewhere in Amazonia. Although they don’t have a government they have law and order. The weak get aid, the old get respect ( not comparable with what they have in ‘civilized’ countries!). If they can live without rulers why we who are much more educated, wealthy, experienced can’t?
    Governments don’t create and don’t keep up law and order, they rather destroy it!
    Law, to be working and effective, shouldn’t be INVENTED, it should be DISCOVERED. But there is not less effective way to discover laws than parliament system. Imagine, what would happen if laws of physics were made in this way. One party say apples must fall down, other party says they must fly up. Herds of special interests groups of any tint are lobbying and bribing MP’s, brainwashe the public, demanding correctives for not ripe apples, exceptions for pears, special conditions for apricots, privileges for bananas. Instead of a simple formula clear to every kid we’d have thousand-paged ‘law’ full of contradictions, gaps, loopholes where only tricky lawyers could understand anything.

PS You didn’t answer, do you want to have a Colt? :)
  • Options
    I understand anarchism thanks. Free market economics is not anarchism though. Its the rule of the powerful and priviliged.
  • Options
    The best solution of every problem is market solution. So PDA’s, Private Defensive Agencies.

And if the "Market" decides that it wants a single organisation for each, paid for by the entire population, you would be satisfied?
  • Options
    LabRat; No, I have no desire to own or use a gun what so ever, why would I want to?
  • Options
    LabRat; Have you been to a country where there is little law and order in place?

Have you been to a country where there is almost free trade in guns?

Its not normally a nice place to be. And owning a gun does NOT make you feel any safer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    LabRat; Have you been to a country where there is little law and order in place?

Have you been to a country where there is almost free trade in guns?

Its not normally a nice place to be. And owning a gun does NOT make you feel any safer.
    I was born and spent the most part of my life in such country.
    And as you can see my conclusions are opposite to yours.
    And I must say one thing- owning a gun MAKES you safer!
  • Options
    How?
  • Options
    Mein Liber Gott!
    I must explain THIS?
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Of course there are countries where many people own a gun and it is very safe, the Swiss for example, or the Scandinavian countries.

But they also have strong law and order.

Can you name me ONE country that has not got a law and order system, that has guns AND if safe?