Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Just a question. ( a test really)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Huh??

There ARE few obligations.

No one 'owes' anyone else food, shetler, money, clothing ,etc.

In a society yes you have to co-operate.
    read some social history and take a look how the civilised societies that we have managed to build ...as men ...wether it be a tribal comunity ...a farming comunity or an industrial one ...we have had to look after each other to some degree or other.
    if not just to stave off the depravities of the fat ones on top of us.
  • Options
    I mean that as a society we have the duty to look after vulnerable members of society.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I mean that as a society we have the duty to look after vulnerable members of society.

Now you have rephrased it, it does sound better :p

initially you kinda said rich people were responsible to look after the poor, or thats how I read it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Now you have rephrased it, it does sound better :p

initially you kinda said rich people were responsible to look after the poor, or thats how I read it.
    sadly we seem to be becoming more and more removed to feeling any actual real responsibilities to each other.
    the old are a problem ...the sick are a problem ...the demented are a problem ...the lazy ...and then we have the decision makers.
  • Options
    Yup. Its always the people at the bottom of the heap who get unfairly blamed for society's problems, when mainly its the fault of the people at the top. Classic divide and rule.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    read some social history and take a look how the civilised societies that we have managed to build ...as men ...wether it be a tribal comunity ...a farming comunity or an industrial one ...we have had to look after each other to some degree or other.
    if not just to stave off the depravities of the fat ones on top of us.

Sorry but economic disparities have existed for a long time. Would you say feudal times were equal??

Take my neighbours. I may be legally bound to respect their person and property but apart from that I have no obligations towards them!!!
  • Options
    But you do.

Its no wonder you're seeing a shrink really.
  • Options
    I don't!!

To re-iterate there are few obligations in life!
  • Options
    We are all bound by a common humanity and the fact that we all live on the same planet, share the same resources, the same society.
  • Options
    That doesn't mean a person is obligated to give you food or shelter!!
  • Options
    i hate wishing misfortune upon people but ...if ever you find yourself begging ...pray none of us recognise you.
    man is a social animal. our young don't fall out of the womb and start to walk in a matter of hours or even weeks. we have to tend our young for years and years ...no other animal with this kind of comittment to it's off spring. we are naturaly caring ...it is carresed into our hearts and minds and then there are the problem people like you ...who missed out on this natural upbringing and never get over it ...
  • Options
    Back to the topic,
    if i knew my next door neighbour was getting away with not paying tax, then I'd shop him in an instant.
    Why should I pay, and not him?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Back to the topic,
    if i knew my next door neighbour was getting away with not paying tax, then I'd shop him in an instant.
    Why should I pay, and not him?
    a nation of informers ...anyone remember stalin?
    why can't people mind their own fucking business and get on with their lives.
    by grassing up your nieghbours for financial reasons your achieving what exactly?
    i could never and would never be able to build a strong and lasting freindship with such small minded and untrustworthy people.
  • Options

I'd hate to be you. You must really hate yourself.
  • Options
    a nation of informers ...anyone remember stalin?
    why can't people mind their own fucking business and get on with their lives.
    by grassing up your nieghbours for financial reasons your achieving what exactly?
    i could never and would never be able to build a strong and lasting freindship with such small minded and untrustworthy people.

Likewise I could never form a friendship with someone who refuses to contribute to this country and to the population's wellbeing.
    By grassing people up, creates an example to the others who think they can get away with not paying their way.
    If you don't want to pay taxes then leave school, don't use the NHS, don't even think about getting help from the police or the fire service and live in a caravan.

Like I said before, why should I pay when others refuse to? Why should I let them get away with it?
  • Options
    Likewise I could never form a friendship with someone who refuses to contribute to this country and to the population's wellbeing.
    By grassing people up, creates an example to the others who think they can get away with not paying their way.
    If you don't want to pay taxes then leave school, don't use the NHS, don't even think about getting help from the police or the fire service and live in a caravan.

Like I said before, why should I pay when others refuse to? Why should I let them get away with it?
    eveytime you spend money you are paying tax ...you are contributing ...so someone is dodging a little bit ...or a lottle bit ...depending wether they are being totaly honest at the top or the bottom of the pile. ...and in your world we should all run around being informants! nosey interfering fucking pains in the arse.
    get real. we are not all coppers or employees of the government machine.
  • Options
    i hate wishing misfortune upon people but ...if ever you find yourself begging ...pray none of us recognise you.
    man is a social animal. our young don't fall out of the womb and start to walk in a matter of hours or even weeks. we have to tend our young for years and years ...no other animal with this kind of comittment to it's off spring. we are naturaly caring ...it is carresed into our hearts and minds and then there are the problem people like you ...who missed out on this natural upbringing and never get over it ...

Of course we care. Compassion is in our nature.

That DIFFERS from being 'owed' something! When in history has a government been OBLIGATED to give its citizens food??! If everyone is owed food, why not go to Tesco and demand some? I don't work like that!;) Why can't a person be 'owed' a TV, DVD player or microwave oven??!

And material things aren't the only things a person cannot believe he is 'owed'. People aren't owed friendship for example; such a thing is earned.
  • Options
    Of course we care. Compassion is in our nature.

That DIFFERS from being 'owed' something! When in history has a government been OBLIGATED to give its citizens food??! If everyone is owed food, why not go to Tesco and demand some? I don't work like that!;) Why can't a person be 'owed' a TV, DVD player or microwave oven??!

And material things aren't the only things a person cannot believe he is 'owed'. People aren't owed friendship for example; such a thing is earned.
    there are deeper philosophies at work in building our tribes ...villages ...global villages.
    you have lost the plot here with typical right wing madness.
    your attitude about governments not owing the people anything is frightening! do you think the government own everything including you? believe it or not ...we the people are supposed to be the government in this wonderful democracy.
    sadly ...'we the people' seem to be becoming ever more populated with people who cannot see beyond the end of their fucking noses/
    don't you see how caring about your people ...your nieghbours ...your brothers and sisters, is beneficial to everyone ...including the fat men at the top?
    by caring ...your actualy fulfilling a duty of generations of humans ...fulfilling that climb out of the slime. we couldn't have gotten this far without people looking out for each other.
    we are currently in a serious and fucking seemingly endlessly dangerous situation on this planet ...and you want to get all fucking selfish!
  • Options
    Sorry boy-o but even in the most tolerant of liberal democracis, the will of the people is not always implemented! Nor should it be, since a government has to be responsible!
  • Options
    government has to be responsible!
    whaaaa!!!!!
    since when? responsible to who?
  • Options
    Why to the big money interests filling their back pockets, silly!
  • Options
    If the government pandered to everybody then it would be anarchy.
    In some cases the government has to act in the interests of the majority.

As for everyone paying some sort of tax, someone dodging their national insurance because they think by paying their 17.5% vat is doing their bit is sadly mistaken.
    Like I said before, WHY should I pay a third of my wages in order to support the dosser living down the road, or the bloke claiming benefits but working on the side instead of reporting him for the lying cheating scumbag he really is?
  • Options
    ...and what should one do if one finds that daay and aunt manel have been pulling one tax dodge or another for most of their lives? hand our families over to the state just like that?
    go on ...someones going to say yes ...
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy with them, put it that way
  • Options
    whaaaa!!!!!
    since when? responsible to who?

To the country. Who else?

All those protestors who campaigned against the Iraq war did nothing to alter government policy.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be happy with them, put it that way
    but you wouldn't be on the dog and bone grassing up yur old aunty ...
    your nieghbours financial dealings have bugger all to do with us!
    let people get on with their lives please and let the state deal with it.
    how many factories and farms ...sawmills and fishing jobs are cash out here in the hills ...employing thousands of people ...if you grassed everyone up ...wales would have to close ...probably ireland ...scotland ...yorkshire ...lancashire ...
    we are not the keepers of the purse ...
  • Options
    To the country. Who else?

All those protestors who campaigned against the Iraq war did nothing to alter government policy.
    no but they made a fucking big impression on peoples thinking ...obviously you as well.
    ...and what the anti war movement was against and what came to pass ...was exactly what the anti war movement said would.
    those protests are effecting todays thinking and awareness ...they achieved plenty.
  • Options
    If the government pandered to everybody then it would be anarchy.
    Don’t distort nice words with silly definitions! Anarchy isn’t a government pandering to anybody, anarchy is absence of government.

If you don't want to pay taxes then… don't even think about getting help from the police...
    Are you kidding? If somebody doesn’t pay taxes the police will be first to help them. Then a court and prison administration.
  • Options
    the bit about not expecting help off the police if they know you haven't paid much in taxes ...is politicaly explosive stuff whowhere!
    all the rough justice handed out in the streets to the poor hasn't changed a fucking jot ...since peelers day!
    that's fucking very disturbibg ...
  • Options
    Ok, so you have people not paying their tax.
    Where do you think the government makes up the shortfall? Thin air? Bollocks, the shrtfall comes from the pockets of the law abiding.
    As for not getting help from the police, you can't just mix and match things from my post.