Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Just a question. ( a test really)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Capitalism and free market societies are the ones that cannot survive without oppression and abuse.
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    I think all health should be private yes!

And I don't believe it's ridiculous!

But before you made a thread that said how you hate the NHS... so you use the NHS then... can anybody smell hypocrisy?

I don't believe taxation is theft, I believe that people who earn over a certain amount and who don't work for public services should pay an extra load.
    See, this all sounds really nice in theory, but i don't know. You come from a regular, working class background, you go to a normal, non-fee paying school, you don't get spoiled or whatever, you struggle and get enough grades to get to uni, you get to uni, you struggle your way through uni in monetry terms because your parents don't earn enough to pay you through but not enough to help you out, you have to work part time, you graduate and have to pay everything back, you get a good job, which you had to do more training for, you get promoted, and then you have to pay a whacking great amount of tax every month because you worked your arse off to get there, sacrificing a load to make ends meet, and then the governments says, 'well, for the privilage we're going to charge you 40% tax on everything you earn'... Not for me thanks.
    i have met americans who have been treated for accidents by the nhs ...they are gobsmaked that such a thing can exist.
    i think the nhs is one of this countries great achievements.
    without it ...a lot of disabled people who would never be able to get medical insurance ...would do what?
    how people can believe that only those with money should have access to modern medicine is beyond me.
    presumably sole you measure a mans worth by the size of his bank balance.
    trying to build a modern society where we have good transport ...good health ...good education etc ...is always hampered by people like you.
    do you not see the benefits of having a well educated and healthy workforce?
    tell me ...why should EVERYTHING be about making money as opposed to building a fairer healthier world for all of us.
    The problem with that King is that if there were no taxes to pay you couldn't go to a non-fee school in the first place (let alone uni).
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i have met americans who have been treated for accidents by the nhs ...they are gobsmaked that such a thing can exist.
    without it ...a lot of disabled people who would never be able to get medical insurance ...would do what?
    how people can believe that only those with money should have access to modern medicine is beyond me.
    trying to build a modern society where we have good transport ...good health ...good education etc ...is always hampered by people like you.
    tell me ...why should EVERYTHING be about making money as opposed to building a fairer healthier world for all of us.
    There have been several cases Mr Roll of seriously ill/wounded people left to die outside a hospital in America because the management refused to take the patient in without proof of medical insurance- or by the time the patient was let in thhe was already dead.

Those are the fucking wonders of low tax and private health-only for you.
    :mad:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The problem with that King is that if there were no taxes to pay you couldn't go to a non-fee school in the first place (let alone uni).
    No, I know this, I don't have a problem paying taxes, but I don't think it's particularly fair to target people through excessive who have managed to make a success of their lives.
    If they can afford it, why not?

And let's face it, the way in which taxes are structured means that no rich person and their quality of life is actually that affected by a 40% tax for amounts exceeding 30k.

For the same reason we should tax an extra 10% on any amounts going over 100k.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    If they can afford it, why not?

And let's face it, the way in which taxes are structured means that no rich person and their quality of life is actually that affected by a 40% tax for amounts exceeding 30k.

For the same reason we should tax an extra 10% on any amounts going over 100k.
    thirty grand a year is no longer a lot ...i believe in taxing those who earn more ...more but ...thirty grand is far to low. sixty maybe.
    I would agree roll. 30 grand might have been alot a years ago, but there are many people in professional positions who earn that kind of money. As a uni lecturer, you would start on about 24 - 26k a year, and that's after 8 years of being skint. Maybe on really high amounts, but it still reduces the amount of cash you can spend on yourself, and what gets me is that if you have worked for it you still need to pay out. What's the point in trying to attain a better standard of living, trying to get more qualified and gain better positions if you are no better off than a bus driver in Glasgow?
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

Heh, I simply believe that a person should own AS MUCH of what they earn as possible.

THEY earned it. Not Tony Blair or Gordon Brown.

We always have this argument and you people should know my position by now!!:rolleyes: :p

you people should know my position by now!!:rolleyes: :p
    lying down on the shrinks couch?
    I think this thread is going to be a lot easier on everyone if we keep it in the theoretical and avoid personal statements. But If people do want to discuss their own situations they should also be prepared for people to comment on it.

and just for those who miss it...

play nice people
    I do agree that the tax bands are unfair. There should be another 2 bands I reckon, with the super rich getting taxed really heavily.
    Its actually not the tax bands in most cases which presents the problem regarding the rich paying their just share, that would be the many corporate loopholes which are routinely exploited. Since government officials also prosper from leaving loopholes in the tax codes, upper level earners (who are the loyal campaign contributors by the way) simply channel their money through a variety of vehicles which remove it from the national economy.
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    But before you made a thread that said how you hate the NHS... so you use the NHS then... can anybody smell hypocrisy?

I don't believe taxation is theft, I believe that people who earn over a certain amount and who don't work for public services should pay an extra load.

Screw hypocrisy!
    I do agree that the tax bands are unfair. There should be another 2 bands I reckon, with the super rich getting taxed really heavily.

Why?? Rob Peter to pay Paul?

:lol:

why should peter be robbing paul in the first place?
    Because Peter has no obligation (there are VERY few obligations in life) to Paul.
    Because Peter has no obligation (there are VERY few obligations in life) to Paul.
    that speaks volumes!
    It's true. There ARE few!!!
    It's true. There ARE few!!!
    this world is full of serious problems ...mostly based on the views of people like you who believe it makes sense to take as much as possible for self from this world and put back as little as possible.
    is that the kind of world that realy makes sense to you?
    sounds animalistic to me.

The rich should support the poor.

Aaaahhh, here we come to the crux of the matter. "There is no such thing as society", right?

Quit using the NHS, quit talking to us, go and live in a cave somewhere and stop bothering the rest of us in that case, eh?
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Aaaahhh, here we come to the crux of the matter. "There is no such thing as society", right?

AHHHHGGGHHH! don't do that blagsta! i saw the face of the bag lady ...
    The rich should support the poor.

Not sure wether I agree with that comment.
    Why should someone who works long hours support a lazy arsed git, who cant be bothered to get a job ?

Quit using the NHS, quit talking to us, go and live in a cave somewhere and stop bothering the rest of us in that case, eh?

Huh??

There ARE few obligations.

No one 'owes' anyone else food, shetler, money, clothing ,etc.

In a society yes you have to co-operate.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Not sure wether I agree with that comment.
    Why should someone who works long hours support a lazy arsed git, who cant be bothered to get a job ?

Why not?
    Why not?

Why should someone work long, hard and sometimes stressfull jobs and lose much of their hard earned money to a lazy arsed git ?
    Some people dont do overtime purely because if they do they are taxed to the eyeballs and basically doing overtime for nothing, so they dont do the overtime and the company looses out.
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I'm not really sure about how Job Seekers Allowance works. I didn't think that it supported those that can't be bothered for any significant period of time...

If your a good liar Job seekers is brilliant. Im not happy with those people in there.
    Hubby genuinely forgot to sign on, you have to sign on every fortnight. So bear in mind he has never signed on, not since we been together anyhow and he forgot to go at the time stated to sign on. He tells them the truth as to why he didnt sign on and they stopped his money and made him re-apply :mad:
    Now if he had done what everyone else does and says 'sorry sir but i had an interview or sorry sir I was dying in bed' he would have got let off, but no tell the truth and your punished for it. They could have at least gave him a warning and told him the consequences if it happened again.

Wankers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Blagsta said the rich should support the poor, I disagree. The rich shouldnt support lazy, bone idle gits.
    Why not?

Help comes to those who help themselves.

Who doesn't know that??:confused: