Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

spanish popular party out!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I suppose if you were in the company of a group of homosexuals you might be nabbed for asking that question lol.

it means "where is the bathroom?"
  • Options
    LOL! Could be dangerous indeed, adios amigos..........
  • Options
    The Spanish have voted with their hearts and not their heads, which is understandable, given what they have been through.

But they will live to regret their decision.

And this new leader ,'Bambi' is his nickname i believe.

He isnt even in office yet and already hes made some catastrophic errors.

1) Pledging to pull out of Iraq - complete madness. Nothing would betray the Iraqi people more strongly.

2) Realigning himself with Old Europe - He will abandon Spains voting on important issues, as well as once again making his country subservient to Franco-German wishes.

3) His critiscisms of the Iraq war and President Bush and Tony Blair were unstatesman like and unprofessional.

The Spanish people have played right into the terrorists hands.

God help us All.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore

How so?
  • Options
    They shocked the Spanish people so much that they would reject the governing party which was strong on combating terrorism, and elect a party which is weaker and not as likely to stand up to terrorists.

A perfect example is the new Spanish governments proposal to withdraw troops from Iraq.

This will weaken the coalition and destabalise the country.

And thats what Al-Queda wants.
  • Options
    The Matadore
    This will weaken the coalition and destabalise the country.

More of a symbolic loss but yes, it's a victory for AQ

Won't work in UK, more ambivalence here about Iraq
  • Options
    How does it destabalise the country? Anyway this new Prime Minister/President for Spain (I don't know :p) well he's said he'll be combatting terrorism on all fronts; and wants a united coalition backed by the UN rather than a few countries banding together. I (personally) think he's on the right lines. Speaking out about Blair and Bush may not have been the best option but still he said things that I think needed to be said: the war was rushed into without enough thought. Bush and Blair should think deeply about what they did.

He said he won't pull his troops out of Iraq if UN is allowed to govern what's going on over there; I don't think he likes the idea of being part of a group of countries who do what they like without UN support.

Realligning with Europe won't be a bad thing I don't think. France and Germany are major players but so far they haven't really pushed around and manipulated other countries. Perhaps in future years they will enforce trade laws that will be specifically beneficial to them but so far I haven't seen any evidence of this :confused: maybe I'm just blind?

Al Qaeda wanted the allies of America stopped and this is what Spain is doing. No more bombing in Spain maybe? I'm sure that'll please the Spanish people :). (which is afterall his main concern; the welfare of the Spanish people).
  • Options
    They shocked the Spanish people so much that they would reject the governing party which was strong on combating terrorism

So strong on combatting terrorism that they created the impetus for Al-Qaeda to bomb them. Good work, eh?
  • Options
    The Spanish have voted with their hearts and not their heads, which is understandable, given what they have been through.

But they will live to regret their decision.

And this new leader ,'Bambi' is his nickname i believe.

He isnt even in office yet and already hes made some catastrophic errors.

1) Pledging to pull out of Iraq - complete madness. Nothing would betray the Iraqi people more strongly.
    He's not making an error, he's correcting one.

The only ones who have betrayed the Iraqis are those leaders who decided to invade a sovereign nation under false pretenses and for no good reason, dropped tens of thousands of tonnes of high explosives on them and descended the country to a state of anarchy and chaos of catastrophic consequences.

Emperor Bush would have no problem whatsoever replacing the 1,300 or so Spanish troops with his own once the Spaniards leave. But he's making a big issue of it because election is looming in America and he's dying to bring his troops home so not to damage his election chances- being the only thing the lying murdering scumbag really cares about.
    2) Realigning himself with Old Europe - He will abandon Spains voting on important issues, as well as once again making his country subservient to Franco-German wishes.
    Until the little Franquista muppet gained power Spain had always been part of 'Old Europe'. The return to its roots will not affect Spain's strong presence and independent voice in the EU, despite gloomy predictions to the contrary by a very pissed off right wing press. If only Britain defended its interests in Europe with the same candour Spain does and will continue to do...
    3) His critiscisms of the Iraq war and President Bush and Tony Blair were unstatesman like and unprofessional.
    Oh yeah? I get the feeling he was speaking the minds of immense majority of the public, not only in Spain but here as well.

If anything he was being prudent. Most people on the street will happily say that Bush and Blair are liars and hypocrites (or even war criminals). And one of Zapatero's colleagues recently called Tony Blair a 'complete dickhead' on national television. Olé! :D
    Yet another stupid and rather insulting moan from the ultra right wing press and the neo-con brigade. The Spanish voted out the PP not only because it supported the illegal war on Iraq against the wishes of 91% of the population, but also because in the aftermath of the terrorist atrocity last week the government lied and attempted to deceive the public when they kept accusing ETA of being behind the bombings even though they knew perfectly well someone else was to blame.

It was the disgusting and cynical manipulation of facts to protect the government's chances of re-election even as two hundred people laid dead in a makeshift morgue that made the public sick to their stomachs (and fucking rightly so) and voted against those spineless twats.
  • Options
    It's me again...

Hello everybody, I'm back

I have come here to see what people were saying about Madrid.

I lost two friends on those trains, apparently both in Atocha. Two girls in the same train that didn't even know eachother. One was in my Image and Sound class for four years in Valencia and we had "derecho a roce" (please transalate Aladdin). The other was an ex, and sister of my late best friend (her parents have now lost there two kids).

But I can still judge this coldly (I hope I couldn't) and I blame this on those Muslim terrorists that were pushed to do it by the muslim fanatic organizations and the suffering of there families. These were pushed by the capitalist measures imposed on the world by the USA and its followers, including Britain and Spain. The last little push was the invasion of Iraq supported by the Spanish Government but not by the people. Aznar's government.

But who pays for the capitalist and islamic governments? The working class as usual. The workers are killing other workers in Iraq. Indian and morrocan workers put bombs in worker's public transport in a working class area and killed workers and students. Aznar wasn't in a train. Nor was Bush or Blair. Nor Saddam or Osama. Only workers.

As usual...
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your loses xicoperez. Thankfully my family and friends were all okay but so many people weren't so lucky...