Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chubby bits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, here's the deal. recently ive been getting a little bit chubby around my waist/hips and my bum/top of my thighs. i really want to do some exercise to tone these parts up+to feel more healthy. problem is though, i dunno what exercises would help these parts?? i thought of jogging, but im asthmatic - so cant really do anything too strenuous (sp?) ive started oing sit-ups every morning to tone my stomach, but haven't much time as i work and have college.
would swimming or bike riding help??? any ideas would be great, thanx :)
BTW, i really dont want to diet. im a size 12/14 and dont feel like i need to loose alot of weight - i eat quite healthily i think!!

Comments

• Options
    riding a bike is great for your legs and arse, but it's better to ride a real bike than an exercise bike. riding horses is also really good at toning you up, and it'll improve your posture so you look slimmer, but it is pretty strenous, and expensive.

swimming's good all round exercise, and because you're supported, you're not likely to injure or strain yourself, which is a bonus. also consider something like aqua aerobics, which does wonders for your shape, but shouldn't be too hard on your lungs, cause it's more about working against the resistance of the water than running around like a rabid bunny.
  • Options
    Swimming is a very good way to tone up your body also skipping is a good way to tone up your tummy and legs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *lil~miss*
    Swimming is a very good way to tone up your body also skipping is a good way to tone up your tummy and legs.

:chin:, never even thought of skipping - thinking il give that ago.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    riding a bike is great for your legs and arse,

great idea thanx, il have to get a puncture repair kit for mine :rolleyes:

Keep em coming....
  • Options
    I use a gym ball to help tone up my stomach and that seems to work.
  • Options
    i used to swim (as in full proper trainin) and horseride, and i had a 6-pac! lol, sooo i know they work.
  • Options
    sex?
  • Options
    www.bodybuilding.com may have some toning excercises to try. You should find something that works for you, and doesn't need loads of expensive weights, etc.
    The flab showing is probably a combination of loosing muscle tone due to lack of excercise, and a poor high fat diet so that your body fat is higher than it used to be. Hence the flabbyness.
    There are no excercises that remove fat from just specific areas. Fat is lost all over. However, you can shape areas of your body with excercise and tone them up.
    So, it most likely will take the combination of a bit of excercise, and a balanced diet, not a fad "diet", to loose that extra wobblyness.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    sex?

yeah, thats been helping alot :naughty:

Mr wobble - thanx for the link+advice, im checking out the website now!!!
  • Options
    I may be totally wrong here, so please correct me if I am, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if you're interested in toning up swimming's great, but not if you want to lose weight. Apparantly you put on a layer of fat if you swim a lot as insulation.....?
  • Options
    Well a lot of people dont actually loose weight when they tone up because muscle weighs more per cubic inch than fat. However you will look better, feel better and be healthier. Dont just look at your weight, thats not always a good indicator.
  • Options
    Hey dont worry about it your not fat! not at that size, i would give nething to have my size 12 figure back!

love kandy xx
  • Options
    Originally posted by *candycane2*
    i would give nething to have my size 12 figure back!
    How about giving up the drink - there's a hell of a lot of calories in alcohol! :eek:
  • Options
    slendertone! :D
  • Options
    I know a girl who got rid of this chubbiness quite well by doing these walking-excercises. it's the thing where you don't run but walk fast and tense. :eek2:

she also had a little cellulitis (sp?) around the thigh area and got it pretty much away as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    How about giving up the drink - there's a hell of a lot of calories in alcohol! :eek:

yeah, i have done this. ive started walking alot more too. cant w8 for the sunnier weather so i can walk+bike more :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by FLX
    she also had a little cellulitis (sp?) around the thigh area and got it pretty much away as well.
    do you mean cellulite? Cellulite is the dimply fat on peoples bum and thighs, but cellulitis is a painful infection of the skin and underlying tissue. they are completely different things. (just so you know)
  • Options
    yeah, that's right, it's cellulite!
    sorry to confuse. didn't know how it was spelled.
  • Options
    well, ive carried on with all the exercise and the advice you've giving me....and i lost 3lbs this week!! i was quite happy, but i dont think its much. i dont want to rapidly lose weight though, so im happy :) cheers 4 all your help
  • Options
    Good on ya girl! Keep up the good work and you will see even better results and also remember you are allowed to treat yourself once and a while.
  • Options
    My friend swears by her Hula Hoop (not the potato kind!) It tones up the stomach and uses lots of muscles. It's just quite hard to get the hang of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    My friend swears by her Hula Hoop (not the potato kind!) It tones up the stomach and uses lots of muscles. It's just quite hard to get the hang of it.

i :heart: hula hoops, both kinds :lol: il buy 1, cos i get paid on sat!!! you people are full of bright ideas