Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Herion

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    mate, ive known 2 people whove died from heroin, and several more who look like they would be better off dead.
    Theres also the risk that it could make you very very ill as it often does to new users.
    It really is one of the drugs you should avoid, especially since you dont like the out of it feeling of the downers youre on. Heroin isnt likely to help you feel more alert.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Can I ask you how this makes you feel ? also do you think by using a drug that it is going to take all your fears/problems away ?
    Ive never used drugs but what worries me is the fact that you say you have problems, shouldnt you really try and sort your health problems out first before you start experimenting?

Well the truth is I don't really believe in therapy. Yeah what my therapist says makes sense and the book we work out of makes sense, it's just the world doesn't make sense.

When I was little I used to get that 'out-of-body' feeling you get when you smoke Cannibus or take PCP or Ketamine(going off of what thesite says about those last two there). That feeling like you have no control over your body, the situation, or your surroundings. The thing is I wasn't on anything. I was apparently just having a panic attack. Well they continued. I had to quit every sport I was involved in and become a hermit in my room. Sure I have plenty of friends, but I never do anything. I've never had a girlfriend, although I think the reasons for that is different. None the less my social life has suffered.

I also hate being sober. I used to drink alot. Every day before school and I'd take some with me so I'm kept drunk throughout the day. I did this until about last week and the only reason is I ran out of alcohol and money. It's pathetic and I'm not proud of it, but I'm not a generally upbeat, happy, confident person. I like being out of it but I don't like these downers cause they're prescribed for one thing and they don't take me out of it that much at all. They just make me bored and irritated at people, school, anything.

But thanks for the replies. This is a good thread, I've learned more than I could from everyone here than anyone else I know.
  • Options
    why start herion? its a janker drug. it messes you up mentally and physically. my mum was a skag addict and it made her go 6 feet under! the best advice to give to some one is dont do it other wise you'll regret it later on
  • Options
    Junker; Get yourself some help before it's too late.
  • Options
    Well Junker has said NO to heroin, so at least some good has come of this.
    Now lets take it to the next step. I get the feeling Junker wants to use drugs to black the problems out, its an escape from reality. The thing is one you have had whatever drug you still have to face reality, its the same with the alcohol, whilst drinking you can become someone else, not this quiet, unconfident person you normally are.
    I really think if you get to the root of the problem and the only way to do that is to talk about it. Get all this bottled up stuff off your chest with a trained counsellor. You may feel that counselling is not working for you at the beginning but after several sessions it does get better.
    Its no good relying on something to give you this boost every time, you can manage without alcohol because you did when you ran out of money, so you can do it by yourself.
    Not sure how old you are, but obviously quite young so dont worry about the girlfriend thing I was pretty much the same at school, didnt have boyfriends, was very unconfident but once i left school and kinda grew up it did become easier to meet people and have relationships.

Good luck :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    Well the truth is I don't really believe in therapy. Yeah what my therapist says makes sense and the book we work out of makes sense, it's just the world doesn't make sense.

:yes: :yes: :yes:
    That couldnt be put any better..
  • Options
    your right about the world not making sense ...yet somehow we have to fit into it and hopefully thrive. it can be done.
    how about you print off this thread and take it to your councilor or gp. you could ask your gp if there is something else he can prescibe instead of or as well as. try it. you might just get what you need.
    sorry your struggling at the moment but you have to believe things can and do get better ...trouble is it's down to you to make it happen ...was it chairman mao ...'every great march starts with the first step'.
  • Options
    one of the boys form over the way done it once, i think he cashed it. didn't see the bloke for a while, next time i spoke to him he was acting all strange. his shoulder was like, half way up his face and he had a twitch on the left side of his face, im not sure if it was a funny batch toked.
  • Options
    From what I have heard in the short term at least therapy can make you actually feel worse because you are bringing up all the things you dont want to think about. However in the main it can be very helpful and can really turn your life around.

As others have said, you can not escape problems with drugs, it WILL make them worse, thats certain.
  • Options
    Junker, maybe you should print this thread off as mroll says and show it if you go to therapy.

But taking drugs to escape problems isn't the way to take them, going out at the weekend and getting stoned drunk messed up anything you want to call it, tripping but you do it for fun at the weekend...not to escape problems and heroin i don't think it would be a 'weekend' kind of thing, you wouldn't be using heroin on a weekly basis..it would be a daily basis eventually, heroin just seems a dirty drug to me and i would never touch it.
  • Options
    Personally I'm not that keen on terms like dirty when it comes to different drugs.

You should always decide whether to do something on the balance of up's and down's, heroin has FAR more down's than up's.
  • Options
    Well injecting yourself with a drug that has killed and will continue to kill in my opinion is a 'dirty' drug.
  • Options
    I can see your point Shogun, I just come at it slightly differently thats all.

I dont really see how a drug can or can not be 'dirty' it is a drug, simple.

It can be pure or impure, but it is just a chemical, it cant be good, bad, evil... there are not objective terms you can use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

you can not escape problems with drugs, it WILL make them worse, thats certain.
    not quite true with heroin bong ...if you have pain in your life of any kind at all ...even pain that you have not yet realised is there and effecting your life ...heroin fixes everything. it realy does the job.
    anything your frightened of ...unhappy with ...suffering from ...heroin WILL relieve you of those problems instantly.
    the trouble arises when you are not in the least bit equipped to handle the new set of problems illegal heroin suddenly unleashes on you. it's like some kind of black magic or voodoo ...all is well now ...and somehow your mind manages to deny the new set of problems you are now having to deal with. they start of small and insignificant and grow alarmingly into a monster that has total control of you ...and then you realy do go into what is now medicaly accepted as a situation called denial. it's not the drug thats the problem ...the drug actualy helps ...the problems are financial ...legal ...family ...i'm misunderstood and so on. in the stages of denial your life falls to bits as the addiction gets an ever greater grip on your body and soul.
    yes it did solve all your problems regarding feelings ...but that was a while ago ...it isn't doing that anymore but your thought processes have been chemicaly altered to make you believe that the heroin is doing what it originaly did ...and somehow ...somehow ...you manage to deny that the drug is now the cause of more problems than any individual should ever have to cope with.
    if you come off the stuff sucsessfully you then find your back with the original problems that heroin seemed to fix ...realy it only buried them ...so what to do now ...oh sod it just give me another hit ...heroin is wonderful and deceptive ...it inhances your reality ...it rids you of your problems ...thats why people get sucked in to the point of self destruction.
  • Options
    Thats what I meant Rolly, obviously you can MASK problems with drugs quite easily, be it speed or heroin, but even if you can change the feelings/problems you had you will replace them with ones that are even worse.
  • Options
    Its the same with drink, you drink to calm you down, block out any pain but when you sober up the problems are still there.
  • Options
    Stay the f**k away from heroin. i promised myself i would try it just the once and now i am trying to come off the s**t. i was taking it everyday for a while and i can tell you that it is not nice coming off heroin. i spent 4-5 days feeling constantly sick, having headaches, shaking and felling cold all the time. seriously it is not worth it. i'm still not completely clean even though i want to be. it is very f**king hard to quit!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by beerboy
    seriously it is not worth it. i'm still not completely clean even though i want to be. it is very f**king hard to quit!!!!
    but it is possible. once you have come off completely the hard work of staying off begins. i had to remove my self physicaly from the people and places i associated with heroin completely.
    it's a great feeling to be free from the stuff. it's great being able to smoke weed and drink alcohol in sensible amounts. it's great to be trusted again. it's great having responsibilities. it's fantastic being able to love and laugh. loving and laughing are near impossible when heroin is your best friend ...your only true love ...your obsession.
  • Options
    JUNKER ...HOW'D IT GO?
  • Options
    Hey guys, Happy Easter everyone !

Although some of you have taken heroin before and I haven't, I think it's unfair and subjective to promote this fiercely one-sided view that everyone that tries it WILL, inevitably, end up the same way.

Like I say, I cannot talk from experience, and I'm fully aware that those that have been there personally know more about the drug than I do, however it is still a fact that some people try it and don't get addicted, even if they are in the minority.

Also, there do exist several people who are content to use smack only occasionally.

These possibilities haven't been mentioned, and I don't think we're painting a full, honest picture of heroin.

I'm not saying that heroin is a safe drug, I have read your testimonials with faith and dread, and I respect that it does, very often, too often, ruin people's lives irrevocably.

But I find it offensive when people say, "You WILL die from it, you WILL end up a no-hope junkie, there's nothing you can do about it."

You can't presume that everyone will end up the same, everyone is different.

What do you reckon, do I have a point or do I not have a clue ?

Let me know,

DX
  • Options
    Originally posted by tidycrash
    Hey guys, Happy Easter everyone !

Although some of you have taken heroin before and I haven't, I think it's unfair and subjective to promote this fiercely one-sided view that everyone that tries it WILL, inevitably, end up the same way.

Like I say, I cannot talk from experience, and I'm fully aware that those that have been there personally know more about the drug than I do, however it is still a fact that some people try it and don't get addicted, even if they are in the minority.

Also, there do exist several people who are content to use smack only occasionally.

These possibilities haven't been mentioned, and I don't think we're painting a full, honest picture of heroin.

I'm not saying that heroin is a safe drug, I have read your testimonials with faith and dread, and I respect that it does, very often, too often, ruin people's lives irrevocably.

But I find it offensive when people say, "You WILL die from it, you WILL end up a no-hope junkie, there's nothing you can do about it."

You can't presume that everyone will end up the same, everyone is different.

What do you reckon, do I have a point or do I not have a clue ?

Let me know,

DX
    i think we understand all that ...