Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Herion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Alright. So the topic is heroin. I'm thinking of doing some eventually, but I need some input on people that have done it first. My questions are:

Are the effects similar or exactly like those of alcohol? (i.e. slowed down heart rate and breathing rate, calmness, drowsyness etc.)
How is the next day? (getting up in the morning, working, staying calm.)
Does it give you a feeling of being hung over the next day like alcohol does?
Does it give you that 'out of body' experiance that PCP, Ketamine, and Cannibus gives you? (or that panic attacks can give you :( )
What is your preferred method of ingestion; smoking, snorting, or injecting?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Options
    from what i know, heroin is a great feeling and doesn't do any physical damge to the body, however, if you do decide to do it, make sure the needle is clean and you only do it once, you won't become addicted straight away but don't become attached to the drug.
  • Options
    Well the obvious thing is if you are going to use it for the first time, do NOT shoot it up, your almost bound to make a mistake and at the very least give yourself really nasty bruising all over your arm. Injecting is hard, even doctors fuck it up.

And of course there is the issue of the purity of your 'brown' and what else you could be putting straight into your blood stream.

No, its nothing like alcohol, but yes I suppose they are both depressives and therefore have a slowing effect on the CNS and ANS. However in terms of the 'high' they are very different.

Others are right when they say that heroin has very little adverse effect on the physical body, it is an easily absorbed and delt with drug. However this is misleading because it assumes that a user has access to pure pharmacy grade diamorphine, which I assume you do not.

In terms of the 'high' its basically like a big warm blanket, you sit there and cant worry or really think and you just feel warm and secure, its a very tempting escape if you have worries. And of course theres the problem.

Heroin is possibly the most anti-social drug, its the polar opposite of something like amphetamine. You have no need for company when you are on it, and care very little if people are there or not.

If you are going to try it, which I advise you dont, be very careful.
  • Options
    I dont know much about it but, the advice i would give to you is make sure your closest friends know about you taking heroin. It is important that you tell them each time you do it if its practical, just keep them close and keep them informed of your use.
  • Options
    All of my ex-junkie mates say to me "never do heroin, you'll like it too much, it'll chew you up and spit you out".
    Well the ones that are still alive or not in the nick do anyway.

Seriously, don't do it.
  • Options
    Some drugs are too good to try, i think. Heroin is certainly one of those.

If somebody had told me how great my drug of choice was before i started, i doubt i would have tried it. That would have been a good thing.

Heroin is a drug you really need to listen to others advice on.
  • Options
    if i was putting any money on the outcome of your interest in heroin ...despite everything you know already about this particular poison. then i'd be putting my money on a horse called heroin. do you reckon the odds are even? then your a fool . the odds of you being the winner at anything over the next few years could be clearly jeopadised (sp)by that first taste. don't care who or what you are ...heroin is an extremely warm and subtle mistress of dreams and safety. opium journey into the centre of your brain while you sit there ...removed ...comfortably num. no pcp ...lsd or weed type mentals ...ater all the years i can't explain the lust you can be dragged to develop toward this lifeless dust. some men walk on purpose into addiction but they are few and far between. the majority ...like your good self no doubt ...are convinced they are strong enough or to poor to develop an addiction.
    would you sit beside me for many miles in my car if i was recklessly ignoring all the signs?
    have a safe journey in whatever you choose.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies and advise.

First of all I have a terrible panic disorder in which I have frequent panic attacks if I take anything with as little stimulant in it as a cup of coffee, otherwise I'd be doing meth. I smoked cannibus once and I just got that scary 'out of body', no control feeling like you're in a dream and since them I've never done it again. So heroin or a depressant seems like a fairly good alternative. I'm on prescribed benzos right now and all they do is make me dull and frustrated because I'm just bored all day.

Hm.. well it seems like heroin isn't a good idea. I like the warmness and calmness "zombie" feeling described. Truthfully I don't really care about the anti-social feeling. In my wonderful, heightened teenage angst sense I don't really care about anyone I'm around anyway. I've had no luck with the femmes so far so I don't really want to care anymore. I don't plan on doing much after highschool because I have no money and not a 'perfect score lad'.

I don't know if I'm going to do it right yet. I've heard withdrawls are hell in a handbasket, sounds like crap that no one would ever want to go through. Plus H is pretty expensive.
    Hmm.... well I'll decide soon enough.

Thank you for all of your assistance, couldn't have asked better gents :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    Thanks for the replies and advise.

First of all I have a terrible panic disorder in which I have frequent panic attacks if I take anything with as little stimulant in it as a cup of coffee, otherwise I'd be doing meth. I smoked cannibus once and I just got that scary 'out of body', no control feeling like you're in a dream and since them I've never done it again. So heroin or a depressant seems like a fairly good alternative. I'm on prescribed benzos right now and all they do is make me dull and frustrated because I'm just bored all day.

Hm.. well it seems like heroin isn't a good idea. I like the warmness and calmness "zombie" feeling described. Truthfully I don't really care about the anti-social feeling. In my wonderful, heightened teenage angst sense I don't really care about anyone I'm around anyway. I've had no luck with the femmes so far so I don't really want to care anymore. I don't plan on doing much after highschool because I have no money and not a 'perfect score lad'.

I don't know if I'm going to do it right yet. I've heard withdrawls are hell in a handbasket, sounds like crap that no one would ever want to go through. Plus H is pretty expensive.
    Hmm.... well I'll decide soon enough.

Thank you for all of your assistance, couldn't have asked better gents :D
    please stay in touch with these boards ...it may well save you from yourself ...realy. also ...it will be an intesting warning to others should they wish to tread such dark paths as we watch you slowy disintigrate and then dissapear from our lives when the extremely cheap heroin thats suddenly becomes so easily available means the phone company didn't get their money ...the powder man got it instead and you found a brief respite from relentlesness.
    it's a bit like being a vampire but instead of the sun or a silver bullet being your dread ...it's an empty plastic bag ...and a blunt silver needle.
    it is not possible in any language to describe such a big load that you end up carrying for being ill ...and i mean ill.
    having read your above reply i'm putting even more money on the horse. you are a prime candidate for heroin. total control of your life will be taken from you ...you will be posessed by a demon called dragon who will drive you beyond what your capable of doing at the moment ...in pursuit of a promise ...the reward never comes but on you go ...driven by a force far greater than the ever weakening victim.
    i would plead with you to find other avenues ...other journeys to your desire. heroin will meet all your needs right now ...your doomed.
    it will all end in tears ...please remember those words ...it will all end in tears.

just to add ...if life aint a bed of roses right now ...it's a far better bed than the one you sound like your about to make. and they say you made the bed ...you lay in it.
    this is why i believe heroin should be prescribable.
  • Options
    DON'T DO IT MATE.

Especially with your disorder, haven't you seen enough screwed up junkies on the streets to know that stuff is poison? If you haven't, get in touch I'll take you round the streets of Bristol for a couple of hours to meet the zombies with the sexy scabs on their faces.

Listen to the Mr. Roll he's talking from personal experience, Blagsta is a drugs counsellor, these guys are not bullshitting or talking out of their arses, please listen to them.

I can only hope your not serious or that I'm not too late.

Want to know the effects the easy way, sell everything you've got and give it to some dodgy stranger, don't wash for awhile or brush your teeth, do some work experience as a thief or prostitute (but only on the street as even the massage parlours will not accept you) and completely rid yourself of all self-respect.

I am not being sarcastic mate, its just that these eyes have seen one too many casualties. If you thought Trainspotting was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. I defy you to find an ex-user who will recommend it.
  • Options
    You want to try heroin and you have only ever smoked cannabis once and never really tried other drugs? why? don't you think at least (i'm not telling you to go out and take these drugs) that you should try other things like maybe LSD or Ecstacy or Speed, there's plently of other drugs about that you could take instead of taking something that is probably going to destroy your life.

That's one drug i would never touch.
  • Options
    just say no ...sounds so inadeqeuttr ...what do you say?
    this post has been bugging me whist driving down the coast road this morning!
    so i asked MYSELF ...yet again ...why did I say yes? ....
    i still cannot answer that question in an honest and open way. i have attempted to numerous times but it always comes out different.
    I DON'T KNOW WHY ...
    if i could tell you it brought sunshine in to my life i would. i don't hold back how i feel about drugs and users.
    cannabis brings sunshine into my life and i believe it to be totaly immoral that i can be arrested for what i smoke. i love cannabis and often imagine a chaotic world where evryone smoked the stuff ...be like alice in blunder land ...but it only works in my dreams. i advertise cannabis in my ramblings.
    a man can thrive as good as any other when addicted to heroin ...it's a very clean and pure substance ...i'm talking b.p heroin here. the best regular imported heroin i ever dealt with was a turkish one at 74%. the standard at the time ..early 80's ...was around 45% and dropping. for years i had acess to the same endless supply same gauranteed quality ...but had no way of knowing what the rest of that percentage was ...different health issue comes into the addiction factor now.
    the shit lowers your resistance. gives you head aches and stomach problems. sometimes kills.
    the quality now is apparently back to around 45/50% purity which is very good. but what is the other half? no one ever realy knows.
    then ...the fact that your highly poluted powder is travelling in seconds along a vien that leads straight to the pleasure centre of your brain ...whilst leaving grit and toxins behind ...
    the fact that the people you will purchase off are addicts ...who purchase of bigger and meaner addicts adds so much to your young life ...THAT YOU DON'T NEED.
    as well as not needing it ...are you capable of handling it?
    i've gone through life believing i can handle anything. i would have been good in the forces. i have lots of confidence ...i have courage ...i have love ...i'm physicaly tough and determined ...
    i don't scare easily or give up easily ...i take chances ...i still get a thrill taking risks ...but ...all of that ...everything that makes up me ...who i am ...my very soul ...was buried and near suffocated by this particular demon. believe me ...if you go there theres a good chance you'll understand what i mean when i say demon.
    i'm rambling but concerned. stay in touch with the boards.
  • Options
    Well said Rolly, I cant add anything to that, I urge you to heed his advice. Heroin has NO recreational value.
  • Options
    DONT BOTHER!
  • Options
    by the way ...look at the title of this thread ...you haven't even managed to spell it right! if you take it ...at some point YOU WILL SUPPLY IT ...thats a promise. beeeg life change ...of huge proportions ...can you handle slopping out in a victorian dungeon as well ...another risk to consider ...i hope i'm ruining your day ...in order to maybe save you from yourself.
  • Options
    it's one of those drugs you're absolutely dying to take but it's one you would never take at the same time, i'll probably do it on my death bed, nice ole send off
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    it's one of those drugs you're absolutely dying to take but it's one you would never take at the same time, i'll probably do it on my death bed, nice ole send off
    good idea for old folks home ...if he reaches 100 we'll give him one big blast and blow him away ...you can bet i'd do my damdest to reach a hundred.
  • Options
    Well thank you all for posting. This is a really troublesome topic. Everybody agree's "no" so that's the decision I shall make.

However with that definate answer comes another question: what is the perfect drug?

Sure I've tried cannibus. I mean I'm fine on it, I get a little panicky in the first 10 minutes or so because that 'out-of-body' feeling is so common with my disorder (severe panic disorder with chronic anxiety ...bleh), but otherwise the drug is fine. I don't really like being around people when I've smoked a bit cause it seems as if I will not know what to say or do or think.

I've never done LSD, Extacy, or speed. I'm thinking about starting on meth with very light doses just to get me through the day. These benzo's keep me so out of it all I want to do is sleep during class and I'm lethargic and I don't learn, let alone remember, much at all.

So I've got another question (sorry), would speed be a bad idea? I know I have a crappy disorder but I am in therapy and I'm taking benzo's to settle it through the day. I'm wondering if speed will give me that 'out-of-body' feeling? or if I'll start to panic and hyperventilate until I collapse or what. Also would taking speed and let's say .25mg of a small strength benzo be a deadly or painful combination? I don't want to become too spun, but I also don't want to panic a whole bunch so that's why I'd take a small dose of the benzo along with the meth.

The reason I ask here is because I don't have many mates who do meth (or any other 'hardcore' drugs) and these boards are very, very helpful in helping one come to an answer one cannot find on one's own.

Oh and Mr. Roll sorry for my spelling :o , but thanks for your "hands-on" input about the drug.

Thank you all very much.
  • Options
    I dont take the stuff but i can say with little doubt in my mind that with your disorder if you take speed you will have the biggest fucking panic attack of your life!
    I can get panic attacks on weed sometimes if i think of spiders and i dnt even have your disorder...so you with what you have....on speed....bad!
  • Options
    However with that definate answer comes another question: what is the perfect drug?

There isn't one. They all have side affects, they all cause harm. Yes, they can be a lot of fun, but they're not "perfect".
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Junker, it sounds like you are not very happy with your treatment if you are thinking about such drastic measures as taking speed to try and be more alert in class. Have you spoken to your GP about the way your treatment is affecting your day to day life? Treatment benefits should be balanced with their detramental effects and be of the right type for you. If you feel like the down sides outweigh the benefits then you can ask your GP for a review, but remember anything you do should be under medical supervision.

And taking benzos and speed is a very bad idea, very bad indeed. It is a really good way to punish your body and mess up your treatment.

Have you heard of No Panic, they are a charity that provide information and support for people with panic attacks and anxiety disorders amongst other things, and have a free helpline number to get support and info.

Maybe you could consider a few more options before you take more drastic and dangerous measures?
  • Options
    Methamphetamine is up there with the most addictive drugs in the world. It is not a drug to be taken lightly, especially if you have (and you do sound like it) a serious potencial for addiction.

When members of this board talk about speed somewhat lightly its because they use amphetamine, this is a different animal altogether. Meth is a lot more addictive.

I would strongly recomend that you do not mix uppers with downers, it is a very easy way to fuck yourself up.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    oops! thanks for picking up my mistaken reference to speed mr budda :blush: What can I say, its Friday and its been a long week..... Yes, anyway, what you said above, agreement is total.
  • Options
    I cant see you made a mistake, "speed" is a blanket term, I was just somewhat more accurate thats all. But then you gave that link about that charity, we both great.
  • Options

Oh and Mr. Roll sorry for my spelling :o , but thanks for your "hands-on" input about the drug.

Thank you all very much.
    glad to see your still with us ...i think i sometimes scare people off or bore them to death!

i think your looking for the right answer but asking the wrong questions. lady jade mentions your gp ...and i agree. this board is realy about the recreational use of drugs and answering questions like yours about heroin.
    you seem to be looking to recreational drugs as opposed to medicinal drugs ...yes theres a fine line. surely counseling and or medication should be your first port of call.
    there is no perfect drug as has been said. theres a drug bong takes that does nothing but scare the shit out of me ...i love weed ...zoma has gone off weed ...each to their own. i have taken many different drugs over the last 30 years so i'm an old hand but ...i come in here and learn about drugs with names like jcb ...
    lets start again ...lets change the question though.
    "is taking recreational drugs a good idea"?
    well lots of us do it and enjoy it. some fuck up big time along the way. some are dead and some in jail so you pays your money and you takes your chance.
    a bad time to take most recreational drugs is when you have things on your mind ...
  • Options
    Very true Rolly, there really is a strong line between medical use and recreational use.

In the main you cant really use recreational drugs to solve a medical problem, especially without a guide of some sort.
  • Options
    Be careful mate, I have two friends who did class A's under situations similair to yours, both were consequently admitted to psychiatric hospitals after bad reactions, one has never fully recovered, he was 19 at the time and is now 35.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    ...zoma has gone off weed ...

What are you talking about? :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by z0ma
    What are you talking about? :p
    i could be confused here but i thought you said you'd gone off weed somewhat and preffered class A'S ...
  • Options
    Keep up Rolly, thats Skive, not z0ma the shite eating scum bag.
  • Options

I know I have a crappy disorder but I am in therapy

Can I ask you how this makes you feel ? also do you think by using a drug that it is going to take all your fears/problems away ?
    Ive never used drugs but what worries me is the fact that you say you have problems, shouldnt you really try and sort your health problems out first before you start experimenting?