Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your car.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Probably been done before but never mind.

Just curious, what car does everyone have? How old is it? What are the advantages/disadvantages of that particular car and what drew you to it? Also what rating would you give it out of 10 (10 being perfect). :p

And to those who haven't got cars, what car would you like - and again, what drew you to that?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know about cars.

One of them people carriers though :yes:
  • Options
    sexyness

the color being periwinkle, its a 94 or 93 i think. advangates, nobody would ever consider stealing it. disadvantages... well look at it...

and i have this car because i used to have a metro but a fire hydrant jumped out at me one day so it is no longer and i was on a very tight budget (cuz i'm not a rich bitch or one of those people who mommy and daddy will buy me anything and everything i want :rolleyes:) and time schedule (as in i needed a car within 3 days)

but it does have fuzzy dice and spongebob airfreshners :hyper:

everytime i drive it a little part of me dies...

but i dont mind it. honestly, your cars are like your fashin... i may not have the top of it, but quite frankly, british stuff is kinda on the ugly side.
  • Options
    I have a toyota celica. Its a 2002 and i bought it with 300 miles on it. Its a pretty good car. Its silver but I have alot of things done to it.

My ex was really into racing cars. so its dropped and has a body kit on it. I like my car alot. But it isnt a good car in the winter because it hydroplanes( which means that since my car is so low to the ground, i glide on the snow, its not good)

but other than the fact that its not a good snow car, its a pretty good car..

Ill give it....a 7
  • Options
    My "preferred" mode of transport at the minute is a Dennis Dart.
  • Options
    VW transporter high top long wheel base. quietist diesel i ever drove. smooth fast comfortable. can brew up ...sleep ...have sex ...cook dinner. good on mileage. 5yrs old. 2.5 litre 5 cylinder. 5yrs old had since new. thinking of trading it in for a big merc van.
  • Options
    I drive my Mum's Audi A6, 3.0L.

Advantages are that it's a comfortable, classy car that's eminently practical, very powerful, and makes a great deal of sense in the mountainous winter conditions around Switzerland.

Disadvantages are that it guzzles like it's got a hole in the fuel tank, and it's *too* big - an A4 is only marginally smaller and defintely more manageable in a car park, plus it gives a better power/weight ratio - if you give the A6 some passengers and luggage, up a hill, it starts to struggle noticeably. Pathetic car. :p
  • Options
    We have just got a nissan terrano II, its a fair old model if im honest (cant remember date sorry) but its built like a tank and You have a feeling of being all high and mighty over anything on the road.

I have liked them for ages, and its quite good at accelerating for a diesel, as it is a turbo. I shall give it an 8, as we got it quite cheap. And its a 2.7 so its good for towing the caravan.:D
  • Options
    I've got an ageing, and now delapidated, '89, 1800cc, MK II Volkswagen Jetta. It's basicly a golf with a boot and squared headlights.
    What I like about it... :chin: It's comfortable, quiet, and has plenty of power to make driving easy. It's economical if driven carefully. And I know Volkswagens very well, so can do most of my own maintenance on it easily. Parts are inexpensive when you know alternative suppliers to VW themselves.
    Disadvantages. Insurance & road tax costs more than a little runabout. It has a boot rather than a hatch, which makes it less practical for carrying things. A few parts are harder to come by, and more expensive than they would be for a Golf.
    Rating 6/10
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    I have a toyota celica. Its a 2002 and i bought it with 300 miles on it.
    How on earth can you afford a car like that at your age!!! :confused:
  • Options
    My future car is going to be a Graphite Grey Peugeot 205xs:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    How on earth can you afford a car like that at your age!!! :confused:

my parents have money but I dont. :( They arent the type that buy me and my sublings everything. I have 3 jobs and I help pay for it. Since my dad died, my mom hasnt had to worry about finances, (beside the fact that my dumbass stepdad is trying to con my mum out of all the money) :mad:
  • Options
    This is my baby, its my first car.. I bought it about two months ago

Its a 1996 Toyota Starlet, automatic and has about 70,000kms on the clock which is pretty darn low by any standard.. its got an airbag, aircon and a newly fitted JVC MP3 CD stereo in it!!

It cost me about 2500 pounds and my insurance is about 250 pound a year..
    car.jpg 55.3K
  • Options
    Percy the Pug

He's a 1999 Turbo Diesel (like I know what that means!), it's silver, goes fast and Im only allowed to drive it occasionally cos apparently I'll chip the alloys :yeees:
  • Options
    When I get a car I want one with a) heating b) comfy seats c) air con (i'll probably be living in Spain so we can scrub the heating) d) cheap as chips to buy/run/tax(though you don't have road tax in Spain - at least not like we do here)/service/insure
  • Options
    presenting the kaffmobile. a peugeot 106, XN Plus, if you want to be fancy. but the XN Plus bit just means it's got green carpet and a sunroof.

it's fairly unimpressive: L-reg, 1.0 engine, dirt grey.

BUT, it was cheap to buy, it's cheap to insure, it does something like 48 miles to the gallon, it's super-easy to get parts for, it can fit in teeny-tiny parking spaces, you can accidentally snap bits off and not make it look much worse, the colour means the dirt doesn't show as badly as brighter colours, it's reliable...

i would definitely buy another 106 when this one finally dies.
  • Options
    ive got an S reg Volkswagen Golf, its my stepmums old one, cant drive it yet tho :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've got a Alpha 33 1.7IE that's now sitting in the garden waiting for new fuel lines and a new fuel tank. This is an excellent 'driver' car that I would just love to get back on the road. Parts are pricey and the reliability shit - but the drive is amazing.

A the moment I'm driving a K reg Volvo 480 1.7 Turbo that I recently picked up for £1200. It's only done 15000 miles and the reason it was so cheap is that the pervious owner was old and had only ever used it to go down to the local shop once a week. When he died his wife put a price on it and I got a bargain. In effect (as in wear an tear) this car is only 1-2 years.

All the gadgets - P/s, ABS, e/windows and sunroof, c/l, aircon, heated seats, Turbo gauge, on board computer, pop up lights, alloys - it's the dogs bollocks and it's fast as fuck. It's just a shame it looks a bit ugly and is bit boring to drive.

This one is almost identical to mine.

Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well I don't have a car yet,

But this is my sisters pride and joy.
  • Options
    I drive a little Ford Fiesta, tis an S reg and I lurrrrve it. The only bad thing is that its white and I have to clean it too often (or I think about washing it but usually dont).

I like it cos its got an MiniDisc player mainly :D
  • Options
    we have a subaru. but shes trading it in for and audi a3

cos we can afford the expensive cars.....:no:
  • Options
    What subaru you got?

my sisters Bf just got a Vw corrado with the active spoiler. It rocks
  • Options
    total family car - legacy estate, its an absolute beast.
    we were gonna get an impreza but me mam thought it would get nicked as soon as it was parked.
    then the people next door got a porsche carrera and it hasnt been pinched yet
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    total family car - legacy estate, its an absolute beast.
    we were gonna get an impreza but me mam thought it would get nicked as soon as it was parked.
    then the people next door got a porsche carrera and it hasnt been pinched yet

Oooo porsche *drools* I wanna old 356 I love them cars

Dodge viper GTS-R love them..

I saw an old man this time last week driving a lovely Skyline GTR with L plates :p rich bugger
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Kermit
    My "preferred" mode of transport at the minute is a Dennis Dart.

I'd rather have anything apart from a Dennis. Apart from a Volvo! :no:
  • Options
    M reg (but, in fairness the engine is reconditioned and is as good as new) Astra, 1.6 .. its the colour that they call blue, but in reality looks purple..

I cant drive it though (well i can, but id get in trouble :p ), dont have a license, my mum used to drive it to work, but now shes adopted my Dad's honda instead.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I'd rather have anything apart from a Dennis. Apart from a Volvo! :no:

With volvos, its not even the fact that theyre ugly.. well it is that, but its also the fact that theyre so damn depressing, just make me think of dead people..
  • Options
    I've got a blue peugeot 106 xn graduate or something.

Got my test on thursday.

My mum has a Citreon C3 and we also have an old MG.
  • Options
    peugeot 106. its bright blue 1.1. 3 door. R reg.its my bitch, gets me places.
  • Options
    Mine is a Peugot 106, It used to be my Dad's but now it'd mine ;) It's white and is K reg...runs quite good but only has four gears!! :rolleyes: However, on Friday I failed my driving test for the second time :( so I will not be driving it for at least two weeks (when I will be trying it again)
  • Options
    I have a Rover 25 in British Racing Green which i will have to share with my mum when i pass my test... so basically right now it's mum's car... It's really nice to drive :D