Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being Gay?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it doesnt bother me in the slightest, and i think its harsh when people say nasty comments for no reason based on someones sexuality.
  • Options
    i ahve loads of gay mates and love them, it dosent make the slightest bit of difference to me :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by the sole liber
    Not to upset you, but I think a person has a right to dislike gays, since everyone really is entitled to their own views.

There's not liking a person though and bullying them. Two completely different things.

But yeah, some people will feel uncomfortable about it sadly. But then always remember that it's them who're missing out because of a pissy phobia. I have some wonderful gay and lesbian mates (and I am questioning my own sexuality... have been since school).
  • Options
    fookin benders! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carpet Monster
    fookin benders! :D:D:D

Bleh to you :p

You know I had a fantastic weekend gay clubbing with friends, I mean it's so friendly and cosmopolitan. When you're out of school it's something to look forward to! :D

To be honest I don't really think about what sexuality somebody is unless I'm attracted to them or am gonna play matchmaker ;) I treat 'em all the same... although I do take the piss some times. Never nastily though.
  • Options
    I have no problem with gay people at all, im happy for them to shout it from the rooftops and act camper than a row of tents, if thats what they want to do.
    At the very least it means I can be friends with them without thinking theyve got an ulterior motive or without worrying that they think Im coming on to them just because im friendly.
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Fairy_dance,
    As the thread and the reactions of people at school has demostrated, people will react differently and sometimes hurtfully to the fact that you're gay. But there are ways of dealing with people's reactions. There's a whole load of info in the sexuality section of TheSite and if you're finding it hard to cope with peoples reactions then you can talk through your feelings with the Lesbian and Gay Switchboard on 020 7837 7324 who offer support and advice to all callers on any problems they are facing.

Hope this helps some,
    CB
  • Options
    I use to have a problem with gay's for a personal reason but now I feel combtable around some gay's My ex gf/soon to be current gf has alot of bi sexual and gay friends and they seem fine and nice.

there's nothing wrong with homosexuals and bisexuals it's what they feel combtable with.
  • Options
    Around here it seems being "gay" (note the inverted commas) or "bisexual" is fashionable at the minute; among the rock kids anyway, which is good in a way because it means they're more open-minded. Although they're having sexual experiences from 12 which isn't good...

The first of my friends to tell me he was gay/bi (he wasn't sure)... well, he gave me a hell of a shock. But that was more because I fancied him than anything else so I was pretty gutted. When it sank in I was actually dead chuffed that he'd trusted me with it. Since then I've found out many other of my friends are gay/bisexual and I really don't care one way or another.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Around here it seems being "gay" (note the inverted commas) or "bisexual" is fashionable at the minute; among the rock kids anyway, which is good in a way because it means they're more open-minded. Although they're having sexual experiences from 12 which isn't good...

Or maybe they're just experimenting as it's socially acceptable in the rock scene. I used to think bisexuality in most teenagers was fashion too... but why not experiment? As long as you're comfortable with it.

However, sexual experiences at 12 is pretty grim, paedophilia.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Around here it seems being "gay" (note the inverted commas) or "bisexual" is fashionable at the minute.
    I'm not sure, I think people are being more open about their sexuality, esp. those who are bisexual or unsure. I'm sure I'm gay, I'm not doing this for some fashion (a few of my friends are very strongly against the idea of homosexual relationships although they don't give me a hard time), but I think people are very quick to label themselves these days and the idea that "everyone's bisexual" seems to be fashionable again.
  • Options
    i've been watching this thread for a little bit now and i find some of the comments very interesting. it's funny how people all have their 'but' even if it's one way or another. i don't know where ALL of you guys come from and so i can't compare people's answers... i have found though that people from 'up north' tend to have less of a problem with it than 'down south'. not entirely sure why this is, however i suspect it's something to do with what is cool and in and what isn't. it's also fair to say that everyone has their own little...or big ;-) soap-box issue and so people are entitled to their own opinions of course so long as it does not include being hurtful / harmful to others.
    The Silly String