Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being Gay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello I was just wondering what were peoples views on beging gay. Cos i am and when i told people at school the went all homopohic and the started to say things that hurt my feelings.

Comments

• Options
    I couldn't care less what sexuality someone was.
  • Options
    People can be gay if they want. It's when they start all the acting stuff outside that makes it clear to everybody that annoys me.
  • Options
    Gay/straight doesn't matter to me. I'll have all the time in the world for you if you're a good person :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    People can be gay if they want. It's when they start all the acting stuff outside that makes it clear to everybody that annoys me.

hell yeah, but straight couples are just as prone to doing that.
  • Options
    I couldn't give a damn shit if someone was gay!

In my experience most people in schools hate gays for silly, inconsidered reasons.

Not to upset you, but I think a person has a right to dislike gays, since everyone really is entitled to their own views.
  • Options
    Don't care if some people are queers, just don't go shouting from the roof tops and no kissing in front of me.
  • Options
    I aint got no problem with gay people, as long as you keep yourself to yourself and not make a move on me im fine :)
  • Options
    "long as its not in front of me"

"long as its not shouted from the rooftops"

thats fucked up....i dont see any problem with a gay couple acting like a straight couple....

be yourself, dont worry about anyone else, just be you.

people can just deal with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob

thats fucked up....i dont see any problem with a gay couple acting like a straight couple....

Glad someone said it before I got in - Coz I probably would have word it wrong.

Well said!! :thumb:

If anyone has a problem with your sexuality then they aint worth your time worrying about it.

Worst comment that annoys me the most is when a straight guy says 'Ss long as you don't come onto me, I'm fine'

The arrogance! What makes you think a gay guy would even be interested.
  • Options
    No problem with it at all!

People should do what they want. Gay sex and relationships do seem a bit weird to me and to be honest I don't exactly like the thought, but it's none of my business and certainly morally I have no issues with all things gay. Just not my cup of tea :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    The arrogance! What makes you think a gay guy would even be interested.

I said that, i dont want to sound nasty or anything but iv got a friend whos gay and he perfectly knew i was straight, instead he come on to me in a street full of people. to be honest i dont think thats fair but iv still not got a problem with him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    I said that, i dont want to sound nasty or anything but iv got a friend whos gay and he perfectly knew i was straight, instead he come on to me in a street full of people. to be honest i dont think thats fair but iv still not got a problem with him.

Sorry my comment wasn't made for you intentionally :)

Just get some blokes out there that think if a gay guy is in the same room as them... they automatically think the guy will come onto him just coz he's gay.

This post isn't made for all men... just the narrow minded ones, that think like that.

No it aint fair... you will find that loads of girls have experienced the same thing as you with guys that come onto them when they know fine rightly the girl wouldn't be interested.
  • Options
    It's none of anyone else's business. Congrats for telling them tho, that can't have been easy.

Maybe people need a while to come round. Suddenly you're not just "their friend" but "their gay friend" and from my point of view it seems that people are scared that others will think they're gay if they hang out with you so they say some really hurtful things to prove that they're not. I don't know what's going on for you, and I may have got the wrong end of the stick but this seems to be true more often than not.

If you need someone just to chat to, feel free to PM me. I'm gay myself, and I think can identify with some of what you're dealing with but I'm not trying to set myself up as an expert or anything!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Don't care if some people are queers, just don't go shouting from the roof tops and no kissing in front of me.

Do you object to straight couples kissing in front of you, or juts gay couples?

And tbh, I don't really get this shouting from the rooftops crap either. Like do you not like people shouting that they like watching horror films, or like listening to dance music and stuff?

Assuming that you see being "queer" as normal of course.
  • Options
    I don't understand why men get offended if a gay guy comes onto them- I'd be flattered:)
  • Options
    I don't care if someone's gay/straight, male/female, black/white. What's important is what they're like as a friend.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I don't understand why men get offended if a gay guy comes onto them- I'd be flattered:)

I agree!! If a lesbian came on to me I'd be incredibly flattered. If another woman thought that I was pretty then it's even better than a guy saying the same thing as women can be so bitchy about each other (I should know lol).

I think men see it differently as they don't want to be classed as 'gay looking' which personally I don't see as much of an insult.

I don't care about anyones sexuality or ethnic background or religion at all...you can't class people like that. Everyone is individual.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I cringe when I see gay men acting gay. Whether its on TV (like some soaps), or even then I see two men holding hands in public.

I do think that they are........ different.

But each to their own. If it floats their boat then good for them. Theres this gay guy at my work and I'm cool with him because he doesn't act gay.
  • Options
    What does 'acting gay' mean??

Camp??!:rolleyes: :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by crescendo
    I'll be honest, I cringe when I see gay men acting gay. Whether its on TV (like some soaps), or even then I see two men holding hands in public.

I do think that they are........ different.

But each to their own. If it floats their boat then good for them. Theres this gay guy at my work and I'm cool with him because he doesn't act gay.

And straight, drunken yobs smashing up things, fighting and shouting their heads off late on a Saturday night outside a chippy is attractive? Give me two "gay acting" men holding hands in public any day ...

But why do you "cringe"? The people that may cringe should be the "regular-acting" gay people who feel that "gay acting" people tar them all with the same brush. As you a straight man (I presume), why would that even affect you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlmightyBob

i hate most couples (straight or gay) being like that, save it for in private please
  • Options
    Gay people are normal people. There have been gay people since the dawn of time. Well not the dawn of time as if the first amoeba were gay we wouldn't have evolved.

A (gay) friend of mine thought I was being homophobic when I told him to stop being camp. Before he came out he was just your average teenage boy but now he goes around like Graham Norton. There is no need for it, unless he was covering up his homosexuality by "acting straight" ( which doesn't mean anything really, it is a stupid phrase incidently).

Just because I detest camp people does not mean that I do not like gay people. Well, no, I don't like gay people, I just treat them like everyone else.
  • Options
    Most of the gay people I know are not camp. Some may be slightly effeminate but this is different to being camp.

Being camp is an exaggeration of manner almost always for effect.

But it is also the opposite end of those loud, brash, uncouth "straight" men. Straight people ought to detest them even more than some may detest camp people.

After all, when's the last time you heard about a gang of "camp people" going round scratching cars, beating up "Pakis", pissing all over the High Street and abusing women in the street etc?

Keep it in perspective. You have a lot more to worry about from loud obnoxious straight people than loud obnoxious gay people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miss Elmo
    Gay/straight doesn't matter to me. I'll have all the time in the world for you if you're a good person :)

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    And straight, drunken yobs smashing up things, fighting and shouting their heads off late on a Saturday night outside a chippy is attractive?
    Who said I find that attractive? :confused:
  • Options
    Who said I find that attractive? :confused:

Ok - so "attractive" may not have been the best choice of word.

Let's just say then that there are far more "cringe-worthy" things out there than camp gay people who are relatively harmless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Teagan
    Let's just say then that there are far more "cringe-worthy" things out there than camp gay people who are relatively harmless.
    I know there is.

There are always gonna be things that are 'worse' than anything.

Theres something worse than a rapist........... a murderer??
    Theres something worse than a murderer.......... a serial killer??

That argument doesn't prove anything.
    The point is, I still cringe when I see gay people acting gay. Of course theres gonna be things 'worse' than that........ there always is.
  • Options
    I know there is.

There are always gonna be things that are 'worse' than anything.

Theres something worse than a rapist........... a murderer??
    Theres something worse than a murderer.......... a serial killer??

That argument doesn't prove anything.
    The point is, I still cringe when I see gay people acting gay. Of course theres gonna be things 'worse' than that........ there always is.

You trying to say there's worse things out there than 'You'?
    Now that's hard to believe!! :p
  • Options
    I dont care whether someone is gay or straight, as long as they are happy with who they are
  • Options
    I know there is.

I was only trying to put things in perspective but I suppose it depends on where you're standing ... :)