Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

4 in 10 teenagers on drugs

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    *If you are looking for the 9/11 bit, I moved it to a seperate thread*
    talk about confuse me ...this is where i posted last night not ...verry funny ...very funny lady!
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

crack dealers are looked down on by everbody ...even drug dealers ...even heroin dealers! .

lol I didn't realise that there was a heirachy system in drugs
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid

oh yeah, i`ve known complete 24/7 stoners look down their noses at people who do Ecstasy! Different people like different things
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    like digital says theres even drug of choice snobbery! ...it's like wines and spirits ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    having recently passed through manchester i discovered that crack is plentiful and very cheap ...good quality too.
    it sounds a bit scary doesn't it?

but ...the reason it is so cheap, is no one wants it ...you can't give it away! crack dealers are looked down on by everbody ...even drug dealers ...even heroin dealers! so the reason theres so much of it about is not as scary as the media would have us believe.
    something has worked ...education ...propaganda ...something has worked.
    i like to think it's because the vast majority of drug users are sensible. not many people desire such self destruction as a way of life.

Rolly I witnessed this happening in New York 13 years ago, what happened was that when the crack came in late 90s, it was new a lot of people with no experience in class A's got into it, couldn't get enough and got burned badly. The next generation coming up saw what happened to their older peers and stayed well clear. Hence New York is nicer place than it was 10-15 years ago and the crime rate dropped, the media and those who weren't aware put it down to the Mayor Rudy Guliani and his zero tolerance policies and celebrated, now the same things been happening here over here slowly since the mid-90s.

it stands to reason that if you see someone take something and ruin their lives you will stay well away. the same things happening with pills, the qualities gone so the smart set either stopped or switched to Coke and the pills that were selling for 20-25 quid in the late 80s are being given away for 2-3 quid now. You can see the effects on the football scene the hoolies who dropped out and got loved up in '88 are now back with new and improved Colombian aggro powder.

The market will always dictate demand and supply.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Rolly I witnessed this happening in New York 13 years ago, what happened was that when the crack came in late 90s, it was new a lot of people with no experience in class A's got into it, couldn't get enough and got burned badly. The next generation coming up saw what happened to their older peers and stayed well clear. Hence New York is nicer place than it was 10-15 years ago and the crime rate dropped, the media and those who weren't aware put it down to the Mayor Rudy Guliani and his zero tolerance policies and celebrated, now the same things been happening here over here slowly since the mid-90s.

it stands to reason that if you see someone take something and ruin their lives you will stay well away. the same things happening with pills, the qualities gone so the smart set either stopped or switched to Coke and the pills that were selling for 20-25 quid in the late 80s are being given away for 2-3 quid now. You can see the effects on the football scene the hoolies who dropped out and got loved up in '88 are now back with new and improved Colombian aggro powder.

The market will always dictate demand and supply.
    most people will choose relatively wisely. and yes i can see the argument only to clearly ...my kids smoke a weed ...they won't go near heroin.
  • Options
    I had a couple of friends at school who were very anti-drugs it turned out there Dad was well into Coke and they grew up witnessing the bad side (warped ego, mood swings etc)
  • Options
    BlackArab "the same things happening with pills, the qualities gone so the smart set either stopped or switched to Coke and the pills that were selling for 20-25 quid in the late 80s are being given away for 2-3 quid now."

I hope you are refering to the 'smart set' as a collective term and not suggesting that its a smart move to go from pills to coke. It is changing people and the club scene for the worse.

Also the drop in the price in pills has far more to do with the number of producers no compared to 'back in the day'.

I really loath the view that cocaine is this clean and safe drug. Its niether, its dangerous, addictive and turns most people who use it into TWATS.
  • Options
    Apologies, I broke the golden rule of messageboards

***DO NOT POST AFTER YOU GET IN FROM THE PUB***:no:

I did not mean to sound like I was endorsing coke, (I wouldn't endorse caffeine or fast food to be honest) it was the collective term.
  • Options
    I assumed you werent. You are right though, there are a lot of people switching, its a dangerous move. Ecstacy use is down but cocaine use is really moving up.

I would much much rather people use pills on a saturday night than coke.